Posts by JOSE
Total # Posts: 486
find the periodic payments necessary to accumulate the amount given in a sinking fund. Assume end of period deposits and compounding at the same intervals as deposits. $70,000 in a fund 7% per year, monthly payments for 5 years Thank you your time is appreciated !
March 7, 2017
At a campground, a rectangular fire pit is 5 feet by 4 feet. What is the area of the largest circular fire that can be made in this fire pit? Use 3.14 for ?. Round to the nearest square inch.
February 9, 2017
On friday,a cold front came through the city at 8am that dropped the outside temperature at an average rate of 2 degrees every half hour. Which integer represents the change in temperature from 8am to 11am
December 31, 2016
Two cars leave Kansas City at the same time. One car is moving east and the other west. After 5 hours, the cars are 575 miles apart. One car is traveling 15 miles per hour faster than the other. Let S = the speed of the slower car and F = the speed of the faster car. If one ...
December 18, 2016
A marine surveyor uses a rangefinder and a compass to locate a ship and an island in the vicinity of the coast on which she stands. The rangefinder indicates that the island is 379 ft from her position and the ship is 600 ft from her position. Using the compass, she ...
October 29, 2016
Rate: 7% Payments: 360 @ $665.31 Total Interest: $139,511.60 How much will be repaid for this loan? $ 239,511.60239,502.40100,000.00 What percentage of this total is total interest? 60.256.258.2 What will be the average amount per payment for interest? $ 387.53385.51387.51
October 18, 2016
Find the experimental probability. Sheila drew single marbles from a bag, recorded the outcome, and replaced the marble. In 50 draws, Sheila drew 20 white marbles and 30 black marbles. What is the experimental probability that the next marble will be black? A.2/5 B.3/5 C.2/3 D...
May 31, 2016
Two point charges are fixed on the y axis: a negative point charge q1 = -34 μC at y1 = +0.19 m and a positive point charge q2 at y2 = +0.32 m. A third point charge q = +8.9 μC is fixed at the origin. The net electrostatic force exerted on the charge q by the other ...
May 10, 2016
Argon is a monatomic gas whose atomic mass is 39.9 u. The temperature of eight grams of argon is raised by 95 K under conditions of constant pressure. Assuming that argon behaves as an ideal gas, how much heat is required?
April 11, 2016
A mass m = 0.068 kg of benzene vapor (Lv = 3.94x105 J/kg) at its boiling point of 80.1°C is to be condensed by mixing with water at 45.0°C. What is the minimum mass of water required to condense all of the benzene vapor? Assume the mixing and condensation take place is...
April 10, 2016
Given: 1 post=2 Yards Therefore, Dimensions are: Width= 4 Posts Length= 8 Posts Let p=post Width= 4p Length= 8p Since p=2yards, Width= 4(2 yards)= 8 Yards Length= 8(2 yards) 16 Yards
March 4, 2016
Convert the fraction 4/5 to a fraction that is more flexible to work with: (1-4/5)=(5/5)-(4/5) (5/5)-(4/5)=1/5 Eating half of one fifth: Again, convert the fraction into something that is more flexible to work with. Here, the best thing to do is to make the numerator even. You...
March 4, 2016
Marisa says that reflecting a point across the x axis and then reflecting its image across the y-axis will produce the same final image as just reflecting the original point across the line y equals x is this true?
February 23, 2016
The smallest package weighed only 1/3 more than 1/2 the weight of the heaviest package. If the two packages combined weighed 100 kilograms, how much did the smaller package weigh?
February 21, 2016
The answer is yes because the probability of the red pen is 25 percent(1/4). The percentage of the not red is 75 percent(3/4). The probability of the black pen is 75 percent(3/4). The probability of the not black is 25 percent(1/4). If you add these together you get 1, which ...
February 2, 2016
As shown in the diagram, a bullet of mass 7.0 g strikes a block of wood of mass 2.1 kg. The block of wood is suspended by a string of length 2.0 m, forming a pendulum. The bullet lodges in the wood, and together they swing upward a distance of 0.40 m from the original position...
January 4, 2016
I am standing on the roof of a building with a pea shooter, and I shoot a pea up into the air from a height of 80 feet. The pea reaches its maximum height 2 seconds after I shoot, then falls to the ground. Give the position of the pea as a function of time
December 8, 2015
I have gotten the concept of probability but the following question has really stumped me. Help please. The probability that a tomato seed will germinate is 0.9. Estimate the probability that of 100 randomly selected seeds, at least 86, but no more than 91 of them will ...
December 5, 2015
To date, Jay Ward has xumulative earnings of $ 107,600. This week he is paid $3,000. What is the total amount of Social Security tax for this week? Assume a rate of 6.2% on $110,100 for Social Security and 1.45% for Medicare.
November 28, 2015
Calculate the pH of each solution given the following or values: a. [H3O+] = 1 * 10-8M b. [H3O+] = 5 * 10-6M c. [OH-] = 4 * 10-2M d. [OH-] = 8 * 10-3M e. [H3O+] = 4.7 * 10-2M f. [OH-] = 3.9 * 10-6M
October 13, 2015
A ball is projected upward at time t = 0 s, from a point on a flat roof 10 m above the ground. The ball rises and then falls with insignificant air resistance, missing the roof, and strikes the ground. The initial velocity of the ball is Consider all quantities as positive in ...
October 11, 2015
Between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter, several thousand small objects called asteroids move in nearly circular orbits around the Sun. Consider an asteroid that is spherically shaped with radius r and density 3000 kg/m3 . You find yourself on the surface of this asteroid and ...
October 10, 2015
In the cabin of a jetliner that cruises at 600km/h, a pillow from an overhead rack falls into your lap below since the jetliner is moving so fast, why doesn't the pillow slam into the rear of the compartment when it drops? What is the horizontal speed of the pillow ...
September 9, 2015
Renee is a sales associate at a store. She earns $80 a week plus a 15% commission on her sales. Last week, she sold $200 worth of items. What is the total amount Renee earned for the week? How much did she earn from commission?
April 15, 2015
Two months ago, the mean daily rainfall in a local city was 9.4 cm. The mean absolute deviation was 3.5 cm. Last month, the mean daily rainfall in that city was 11.5 cm, and the mean absolute deviation was 1.6 cm. Which statement about the rainfall is true
April 13, 2015
So basicaly what you have to do here is look at the question real hard close your eyes thing about this, 2 girls in one cup. Then open your eyes and you will know that white and smooth is the highest experimental value. With this you can assume that the others are just ...
April 10, 2015
Describe the function resulting from reflecting f(x)=x^3+2x^2-x+5 about the y-axis and then shifting to the left by 4. Is this the same as performing the operations in the reverse order
February 3, 2015
In a house the temperature at the surface of a window is 22.4 °C. The temperature outside at the window surface is 2.66 °C. Heat is lost through the window via conduction, and the heat lost per second has a certain value. The temperature outside begins to fall, while ...
November 17, 2014
Intro to Accounting
Jimenez Enterprises issued 8%, 9-year, $2,486,400 par value bonds that pay interest semiannually on October 1 and April 1. The bonds are dated April 1, 2014, and are issued on that date. The discount rate of interest for such bonds on April 1, 2014, is 8%. What cash proceeds ...
November 5, 2014
Your firm offers to deliver 250 tables to a dealer, at $160 per table, and to reduce the price per table on the entire order by 50 cents for each additional table over 250. Find the dollar total involved in the largest possible transaction between the manufacturer and the ...
November 3, 2014
the distance of the and is 30m so if a person starts running towards the bank with a velocity of 10m/s then the distance of the bank will be 31 because you add the one second and then divide by your 10m/s
September 16, 2014
An airplane flies 220 km due east, makes a right-angle, and then flies 400 km due north. Find the magnitude of the plane's displacement from it's starting point. Neglect the culrvature of the earth
September 14, 2014
Two polynomials P and D are given. Use either synthetic or long division to divide P(x) by D(x),and express the quotient P(x)/D(x) in the form P(x)D(x) = Q(x)+ R(x)D(x) . P(x) = 6x^4 − 3x^3 + 29x^2, D(x) = 3x^2 + 13
September 14, 2014
Two polynomials P and D are given. Use either synthetic or long division to divide P(x) by D(x),and express the quotient P(x)/D(x) in the form P(x)D(x) = Q(x)+ R(x)D(x) . P(x) = 6x4 − 3x3 + 29x2, D(x) = 3x2 + 13
September 14, 2014