Posts by Hayden
Total # Posts: 253
1. I woke very early this morning and now I'm rather tired. 2. Jacob stood there patiently for about ten minutes. 3. Sometimes a flock of wild geese fly noisly overhead. List the adverbs in the sentences. 1. very, rather 2. patiently 3. sometimes, noisly
September 16, 2015
Figurative Language 1.."August is a day in the sun" These words compare _____ to _____. 2."Such a stinky flower that is makes people regret having a nose" These words suggest. 3. "the camera spoke for him" These words suggest. 4."them look ...
April 16, 2015
1, The Appalachian Mountains extend through Bristol. The mountains are beautiful. Which is best way to combine sentences? 1. The Appalachian Mountains extend through Bristol and the mountains are beautiful. 2. The Appalachian Mountains extend through Bristol, they are ...
April 13, 2015
1. She has flown on three shuttles. The shuttles were Discovery, Atlantis, and Columbia. 2. She was the first woman to earn the Congressional Space Medal of Honor. This award is given by the President of the United States. I'm writing with nouns and have to combine these ...
January 13, 2015
My father and I have already visited several states this month.On June 20, dad's friends Helena and Franco Garabis met us in Brownsville, Texas. I had to capitalize all the errors in the above sentence but it still has one more that is capitalized and I'm not sure ...
January 7, 2015
A 5 kg object moving with a speed of 6.6 m/s collides with an 18 kg object moving with a velocity of 8.4 m/s in a direction 19 degrees from the initial direction of the motion of the 5 kg object. What is the speed of the two objects after collision if they remain stuck ...
December 14, 2014
I have to write an argument date why the adaptation of camouflage helps a predator more than it helps a prey animal and I have to have 3 valid points. What is a good website to research this?
December 10, 2014
Both a father and mother have dimples. Their son has dimples, but their daughter does not. Which genes, DD, Dd, or dd, does each family member have? Father and Mother= DD Son= Dd Daughter=dd
December 1, 2014
Math, Please Help! I don't understand!
Please help me! I don't understand how to solve. Solve each equation for the given variable. 37. x/a - 1 = y/b for x 39. V = 1/3 * pi * r^2 * h for h What do these equations mean? I am super confused. Please help.
October 31, 2014
1. Which of these statements is TRUE? A.The nucleus gives the cell its shape. B. Chloroplasts make food for animal cells. C. Animal cells have many different shapes. D. A plant cell can become a blood cell. C
February 27, 2014
Need an example of main idea for the following sentences. A dog needs fresh, clean water every day. To stay healthy, a dog should exercise every day. A dog's diet changes throughout its life.
October 29, 2013
1. On Tuesday Timmy brought in a book about famous explorers. 2. The book told about brave sailors from Europe. 3. Was Columbus looking for gold an spices? 4. His ship got lost and landed off the coast of North America in 1492. 5. Our class also learned about later explorers. ...
October 22, 2013
A bullet of mass 10 g has a speed of 500 m/s. a) What is its kinetic energy? b) if it penetrates a block of wood a distance of 10 cm before coming to rest, what is the average frictional force stopping the bullet? A second bullet identical to the first is shot through a sheet ...
October 14, 2013
Analogies 1. war:peace::soldier:_____________ marine, captain, conscientious objector, sailor 2. piccolo:flute::violin:_______ cello, saxaphone, trumpet, bass drum 3. strengthen:build up::atrophy:_______ circulatory system, death,muscles, waste away 1.marine 2. cello 3. waste ...
April 10, 2013
1..He (saw, seen) dozens of beautiful yellow roses. 2. He (saw, seen) a film about safety. 3. They saw a car that (ran, run) a red light. 4. Officer Hill (did, done) a good job at our school. 1. saw 2. saw 3. ran 4. did
February 11, 2013
What is best way to combine the two sentences? Some bands wear uniforms. Some bands play marches. 1> Some bands wear uniforms, and some bands play marches. 2. Some bands are wearing uniforms and marching. 3. Some bands wear uniforms and play marches. 1 is correct answer
February 7, 2013
Well can I ask for help? I very well understand that this is supposed to be Homework Help. I already got some answers with the questions I posted yet I want to verify my answers if they are correct. I think that isn't bad at all. :)
December 21, 2012
1. Why is an electric field considered to be a vector quantity? 2. Draw the electric field around an electric dipole of +1 µC and -1 µC 3. How many electrons have been removed from a positively charged object if it has a charge of 1.5 x 1011 C? 4. A particle with a...
December 21, 2012
1. A sound with a frequency of 261.6 Hz travels through water at a speed of 1435 m/s. What is the wavelength of the wave? a. 1.83 x 10 -1 m b. 3.753 x 10 5 m c. 5.486 m d. You cannot tell from the given information 2. A 23.0 kg mass of is accelerated at + 4.50 m/s2. What is ...
December 21, 2012
1. What is the weight of a 2.88 kg snake? 2. A girl drops a rock straight down from a bridge. Assume negligible air resistance. How fast is it going 4.0 s later? 3. A rock with a mass of 22.45 kg is falling from a tall tower. a. What is the Net Force if the rock is in free ...
December 21, 2012
Which is the best way to write this sentence. Today the Pink Palace Museum has a science center too. 1.Today the Pink Palace Museum is having a science center too. 2.Today the Pink Palace Museum had a science center too. 3.Today the Pink Palace Museum will have a science ...
December 14, 2012
1. The Pink Palace's walls was built with pink marble. 2.The Pink Palace's walls were built with pink marble. 3.The Pink Palace's walls is built with pink marble. Which sentence is written correctly #1
December 14, 2012
Having trouble with context clues. I was filled with sadness to leave my friends. But I was not unhappy for long. My excitement grew as we drove because I was thrilled to see new things. 1. What does sadness mean in passage? What clues help you find out? 2. What does ...
September 12, 2012
Barb and tammy shared a sub sandwich, but while Tammy was setting the table, Barb ate 2/5th of it. When Tammy came back, she ate 3/4 of what was left. How much of the sub did Tammy eat? Write a math equation.
March 29, 2012
The answer to part a above is incorrect. You must remember that the force of friction resisting the applied force on M1 also applies an equal and opposite force on M2. The applied force must overcome /both/ of these. The sum of forces on the X axis for M2 is just this equal ...
March 2, 2012
1. Peanuts (are, is) valuable for many reasons. 2. Inventors (are, is) hard workers. 3. Cars (was, were) a good invention. 4. Sweet potatoes (was, were) easy to grow. 5. Peanuts (are, is) good for people. 6. Different crops (was, were) better. 1.are 2.are 3. were 4. were 5. ...
December 7, 2011
A maker of cubic number blocks packs a rectangular box so that there are 11 blocks along one edge, 8 blocks along the second edge and 2 blocks along the third edge. How many blocks will be shipped in this box. If each block has a side of 4cm, what is the volume of the box?
May 31, 2011
1. I have to pay a library fine; I must have (forgot) to return a book on time. 2. Unfortunately, she had already (throw) the map away. 3. My uncle Jack has(drive) a taxicab for over thirty year. 4. Noah had already (write) a letter to his grandfather. Write correct form of ...
May 3, 2011
1. Neither (she, her) nor Doreen wanted to play a statute that came to life. 2.Finally Brad and (me, I) convinced Doreen that it would be a funny version of the myth. 3.(Him, He) and I flipped a coin to see who would play the part of Pygmalion. 4.Doreen and (me, I) begun ...
February 16, 2011
1. One dancer had (risen, raised) a snake above his head for the crowd to see. 2.The growing corn (rises, raises) high in the Hopi country of Arizona. 3.In a moment, dad had (rose, raised) his hat to shade my face from the sun. 4.How long has it (laid, lain) there? 1.raised 2....
February 1, 2011
1.She (uses) a viewer program to look at the photographs. 2.Jenny's new software (helps) her modify the photographs. 3.The picture (was) too dark. 4.Jenny (cropped) the photo using the new software. 5.Jenny (will have improved) her photographs. Tell if present, past, ...
January 31, 2011
1.Jenny (had) never (used) graphics software on the computer. 2.She (was writing) a report about the Ohio River. 3.Jenny (wanted) photographs in her report. 4.She (has been taking) many pictures of the Ohio River. 5.Jenny (has Scanned) the photographs with her new scanner. 6....
January 31, 2011
1.Suddenly, the door (burst) open. 2.We have (drive) on Oklahoma's Indian Nation Turnpike. 3.The water in the birdbath has (freeze) again. 4.The Highland School Band has always (wear) Scottish kilts. 5.Noriko (know) the way to Lynn's house. I have to write the correct ...
January 24, 2011