Page 1 of 2 4. Despite all efforts by the quality control department, the fabric made at Benton Corporation always contains a few defects. A certain type of fabric made at this corporation contains an average of .5 defects per 500 yards. Using the Poisson formula, find the pr...
3. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a process that produces internal body images using a strong magnetic field. Some patients become claustrophobic and require sedation because they are required to lie within a small, enclosed space during the MRI test. Suppose 29% of all p...
2. Bender electronics buys keyboards for its computers from another company. The keyboards are received in shipments of 100 boxes, each box containing 20 keyboards. The quality control department at Bender Electronics first randomly selects one box from each shipment and then ...
1. Let x be the number of heads obtained in two tosses of a coin. The following table lists the probability distribution of x. x 0 1 2 P(x) .25 .50 .25 Calculate the mean and standard deviation of x. Give a brief interpretation of the value of the mean.
physics PLEASE HELP!
what are three possible thicknesses that a soap film should be to transmit yellow light ? (Lambda=590nm)
4. An environmental agency will randomly select 4 houses from a block containing 25 houses for a radon check. a) How many total selections are possible? b) How many permutations are possible?
3. The following table gives a two-way classification of all basketball players at a university who began their college careers between 2004 and 2008, based on gender and whether or nor they graduated. Graduated Did Not Graduate Male 126 55 Female 133 32 a) P(female or did not...
. Two thousand randomly selected adults were asked whether or not they have ever shopped on the internet. The following table gives a two-way classification of the responses obtained. Have shopped Have never shopped Male 500 700 Female 300 500 Suppose one adult is selected at ...
1. The mean monthly mortgage paid by all home owners in a town is $2365 with a standard deviation of $340. a) Using Chebyshevs theorem, find at least what percentage of all home owners in this town pay a monthly mortgage of (i) $1685 to $3045 & (ii) $1345 to $3385 b) Usi...
A = 500000 b = 40