1. Which equation correctly shows beta decay? (A) 210/82 Pb -> 209/81 Tl + 0/-1 e + y (B) 210/82 Pb -> 209/83 Bi + 0/-1 e + y (C) 210/82 Pb -> 210/83 Tl + 0/-1 e + y (D) 210/82 Pb -> 210/83 Bi + y (E) 210/82 Pb -> 210/83 Bi + 0/-1 e + y 2. The half-life if radon...
an average sized female spider and a large spider can lay a total of 2100 eggs at one time . The large spider lays 20 times the number of eggs as the average spider. How many eggs does the average spzied spider lay?
17. Why can't carbon-14 be used to determine the age of fossils that are several hundred thousand years old? Please and thank you!
4. Two consultants were hired by a company. The total consultant fees were $18,500. If one consultant had earned $500 less, each consultant would have been paid the same. How much was each consultant paid? 6. Five cars in a race all finished within 8 seconds of each other. Car...
20. Why is ethanol added to gasoline? Can't find this answer in my book, and I've gone back and checked for it like three times. Please and thank you!
Which of the following statements about the Platt Amendment is true? A - It guaranteed that Cuba would be independent by 1915. B - It prevented the United States from intervening in Cuban foreign affairs. C - It essentially made Cuba a U.S. protectorate. D - It opened up terri...
Even though Robespierre was not a defender of women's equality in France, how are his and Etta Pal d'Aelders's arguments similar? When might Sieyes claim that women would be eligible for the equal rights that Etta Palm d'Aelders states that they rightfully dese...
5. What reactions occurs when a solution of hydrochloric acid, HCl, is mixed with a solution of calcium hydroxide, Ca(OH)2? (A) Cl + Ca(OH) --> HCa + Cl(OH)2 (B) HCl + Ca(OH)2 --> H(OH)2 + CaCl (C) 2HCl + Ca(OH)2 --> 2H2O + CaCl2 (D) 2HCl + Ca(OH)2 --> H2Ca + 2ClOH...
Calculate the amount of heat required to completely sublime 76.0g of solid dry ice (CO2) at its sublimation temperature. The heat of sublimation for carbon dioxide is 32.3 kJ/mol.
One end of a meter stick is pinned to a table, so the stick can rotate freely in a plane parallel to the tabletop. Two forces, both parallel to the tabletop, are applied to the stick in such a way that the net torque is zero. The first force has a magnitude of 2.00 N and is ap...