my answer has ( ) around it With respect to the eighteenth century, the concept of the "middle ground" is helpful in A. understanding the attitudes of Indians living between the Appalachians and the Mississippi. B. explaining the attitudes and preferences of the ...
Tuesday, July 16, 2013 by carolyn
The _______ were responsible for the forced migration of more people from Africa than any other colonial power. A. British B. Dutch C. Portuguese D. Spanish
Thursday, July 11, 2013 by Anonymous
Sorry for the backwards accents I just got a new keyboard, so I don't know how to do the spanish accents yet. I hope a got more right this time 1. Camarero, ¿me trae ________? Quiero pedir un postre. A. El mantel B. el menú C. la servilleta D. la merienda I ...
Tuesday, July 9, 2013 by Eri Uchi
1. Generalmente el autobus llega a las tres, pero estan mañana llegó a las tres y diez. ¿Por qué llegó _____? A. temprano B. tarde C. anoche D. esta noche I said B 2. Necesito comprar unos libros en español. Vamos _________ . A. a la ...
Sunday, July 7, 2013 by Eri
1) Mi padre le compró a mi madre algo ________: una pulsera muy bonita con su nombre. A. encantada B. fascinante C. divertida D. personal I said D 2) Muchos _____ fueron al baile. A. trajes B. aretes C. invitados D. initaciones I said C 3) Pienso llevar _______ al baile...
Sunday, July 7, 2013 by Eri
1. Sí, sus padres ________ ; Ramón no debe ir a la escuela. A. está enfermo B. tienen razón C. son amables D. viven cerca de aquí I said B 2. ¿Prefieren Uds. una casa pequeña o una casa grande? _______ una casa grande. A. ...
Friday, June 28, 2013 by Eri
Which of the following was the primary interest of the British goverment in approving James Oglethorpe's Georgia colony? A. developing new lands for rice production B.Thwarting spanish claims in the area south of carolina C. Providing an asylum for British debtors D. ...
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 by cathy
1) ¿Crees que las fábricas son _____ para el medio ambiente? A. puras B. una amenaza C. contaminadas D. buenos I said D 2) El tigre es uno de los animales que está en ____ de extinción. A. un árbol B. un zoológico C. peligro D. una ...
Wednesday, June 19, 2013 by Eri
1)Hay que ______ agua, ¿verdad? A. conserva B. conservar C. conservé D. conservo I said B. 2) Quiero dormir. Por favor, _____ la luz. A. apagamos B. apago C. apagué D. apaga I said B. 3) ¿Dicen Uds. La verdad? Sí, siempre la __________. A. ...
Tuesday, June 18, 2013 by Eri
luke y renato / venir / a tu casa / para escuchar música nosotros / poder / almorzar / con lori y roberto thad y lorenzo / preferir / salir / con sus amigos berta y amanda / querer / almorzar / en el parque can someone help i am lost i have to put these words in to ...
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 by mike
Tu amigo insiste en preguntarte de quiénes son las cosas. Tú le contestas de forma muy enfática. 1.¿De quién es este sombrero? / tú 2.¿De quiénes son estos cinturones? / Tomás y Ricardo 3.¿De quiénes ...
Sunday, June 2, 2013 by Sally
1)No tengo tiempo para arreglar mi cuarto. Voy a poner la ropa _____ de la cama. Nadie puede verla. A. encima B. debajo C. delante D.al lado I said B 2) He probado el cafè sòlo _______; no me gusto. A. una vez B. siempre C. nunca D. casi nunca I said A 3) ¿...
Sunday, May 26, 2013 by Marie
Hi! I'm unsure about these questions. I answered them, but I'm not 100 % sure about my anwers. 1) ¿Què hora es? Son las once _______. A. por el dìa B. de la tarde C. de la noche D. en media hora I said D 2) ¿Puedes sacar libros de la ...
Sunday, May 26, 2013 by Laury
1. Vamos ______ para comprar comestibles. A. a la tienda de regalos B. al almacèn C. a la cocina D. al supermercado I said D 2. Para ______ una tarjeta postal, necesito poner ______. A. sacar / un sello B. poner / mi nombre C. enviar / un sello D. llevar / algo I said C...
Saturday, May 25, 2013 by Eri
Following the Spanish -American War. and espeacially in regard to American occupation of the philippines, most anti-imperialists argued that... A. The occupation would lead to unhealthy racial-mixing. B. Because all war was immoral, the fruits of war were tainted. C.installing...
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 by jake
One S.S. Question
3. Which of the following does not describe the city of San Juan? (1 point) a combination of old Spanish style buildings and modern skyscrapers luxurious waterfront hotels that draw many tourists steep mountains and rolling hills, scattered with small farms of mangos and ...
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 by BallaWitSwagg
1) ¿ Hace un mes nadas en el mar? Hace dos meses. A. Cuánto tiempo hace B. Cuánto tiempo hace que C. Hace un mes D. A qué hora I said C 2) Hace tres horas ______ el piano. Me duelen mucho los dedos. A. que toco B. yo toco C. qué toco D. me ...
Sunday, May 19, 2013 by Eri
1) Mis abuelos viven en Manhattan. ______ apartamento es grande y bonito. A. Sus B. Su C. Nuestros D. Nuestro I said A 2) Para la comida, ¿ _______ Evangelina y tú el pescado o el bistec? A. prefieren B. prefiero C. prefieres D. prefiere I said D 3) _______ despu...
Saturday, May 18, 2013 by Eri
Hey, can naybody please look wheter I wirte it all right? Thanks :) Negative Concord - Means that there must be more then one negative word in a sentences - Can be find in some languages like French, Spanish or Russian -> French: Je na vais nulle part. Im not going ...
Wednesday, May 15, 2013 by Minnie
As it sailed south, Lord Nelson's great ship, Victory, met the Spanish fleet near Trafalgar. 12. The simple subject of the sentence is A. Lord Nelson. B. ship. C. fleet. D. south. I think best answer is B?
Wednesday, May 15, 2013 by alex
1. Mi padre no es bajo. Es ______. A. alto B. feo C. paciente D. gemelo I said A. 2. Me gustan los perros grandes. No me gustan los perros __________. A. jóvenes B. menores C. canosos D. pequeños I said D. 3. Mis hermanos son gemelos. _______ A. son hijos ú...
Saturday, May 11, 2013 by Eri
Please check my answers... 1.) "He is playing cards" is said like this: él está jugando a las cartas. 2.) Is this how you say "My friend plays soccer": Mi cuates juega al fútbol. 3.) Is this how you say "they are in a hurry": ...
Thursday, May 9, 2013 by Cassie - Please Help.
2.) How do you say: I am in a hurry. I think it's said like this: Estoy en un apuro. 3.) How do you say: I am hot. I think it's said like this: Estoy caliente. Thank You.
Thursday, May 9, 2013 by Please Help.
1.) which of the following is correct: A.) Tocamos el piano. B.) Jugamos el piano. (I think B is correct.) 2.) How do you say: I am in a hurry. I think it's said like this: Estoy en un apuro. 3.) How do you say: I am hot. I think it's said like this: Estoy caliente. ...
Thursday, May 9, 2013 by Anonymous
according to the school survey, 12% of the students at rockwood junion high school seak spanish. There are 36 students at the school who speak spanish. How many students were surveyed?
Thursday, May 9, 2013 by andra
The 1st Sentence is me trying to do the work and the second is the actual paragraph. I am trying to put the verb form into preterite or imperfect can you see if i am right? Thanks erase una vez una nina hermosa que se llamaia Capercuita roja todos los animales del bosque ser ...
Wednesday, May 8, 2013 by Kevin
All the verbs that have not been conjugated need to be either in preterite or imperfect form. My spanish teacher hasnt really explained it that well and I am confused on how to know whether its imperfect or preterite.Now we have a test on it tomorrow. Can someone please help ...
Tuesday, May 7, 2013 by Jessica
1. Juan no es serio. Es ________. A.paciente B.atrevido C.gracioso D.prudente I said C. 2. Rosa es atreida, no es _________. A.prudente B.callado C.artístico D.desordenado I'm not to sure about the answer for this one. 3. No, _______ me gusta tampoco. A.ni B.no C.s&...
Monday, April 29, 2013 by Eri
I have to do a menu for a restaurant in Spanish but I don't know how I say the name for my restaurant in Spanish. How would I say, "The Poinsettia Mexican Restaurant" in Spanish?
Sunday, April 28, 2013 by SoccerStar
School (Plz read, really important)
Am I eligible to get a President's Award for Educational Excellence or the President's Award for Educational Achievement and Daughters of the American Revolution??? Here are my grades from last year and this year so far and everything else I accomplish: 7th Grade - 93....
Sunday, April 28, 2013 by LARUEN
7th Grade Social Studies Ms. Sue!
1. Native Americans who live on Lake Titicaca use totora reeds for all of the following except (1 point) making boats and houses. wagons. clothing. food and medicine. 2. The Argentinian plains are home to Argentinian cowboys, also known as (1 point) pampas. maquiladoras. ...
Friday, April 26, 2013 by Gabby
12. Tell what the following people will do tomorrow by changing the verb in the following statement to the future tense. Write the new verb in the blank. Ellos van a la playa.
Thursday, April 25, 2013 by Frank
No me gusta esta falda. Prefiero . (that one) Voy a comprar pantalones verdes. (these) ¿Dónde compraste abrigo? (that) ¿Viste a chicas? (those over there) Tú compras esa camisa y yo compro . (this one) ¿Cuáles prefieres, los zapatos ...
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 by Anonymous
ESTRUCTURA | 13.1 The subjunctive with verbs of emotion La contaminación Completa cada oración usando el subjuntivo. Sigue el modelo. 1.Su novia no recicla. (él, molestar)2.La gente se preocupa por el calentamiento global. (el gobierno, esperar) 3.Jaime ...
Thursday, April 18, 2013 by Jenn Rodriguez
4. Fill in the blank with a correct expression with tener to express the following. She is hot. Ella ________. Answer: ella tienen calor 5. Fill in the blank with a correct expression with tener to express the following. She is cold. Ella ________. Answer: ella tienen fr&...
Friday, April 12, 2013 by Cassie
Spanish power grows Im only stuck on this quesion, How were charles V and Philip ii alike and different in their goals of ensuring absolute power and strengthening catholisism?
Thursday, April 11, 2013 by Jim
1. The Polish economy began to grow in the 1990s because the government A. built more state-owned factories. B. controlled prices better.<<<<<<<< C. stopped new private businesses. D. encouraged entrepreneurs. 2. The ethnic makeup of the Andes and the ...
Monday, April 8, 2013 by bree
REVIEW 1.Which of the following was one cause of the Civil War in the United States? A. The South wanted new states to allow slavery and the North did not. B. The North wanted new states to allow slavery and the South did not. C. The North opposed signing treaties with Native ...
Friday, April 5, 2013 by bre
7th Grade Language Arts
3. In the sentence "How could anyone get Elbures out of that orchestra of sound?" what does the orchestra refer to? (1 point) a musical group played at Immigration the Spanish pronunciation of Alvarez the name Elbures the American pronunciation of Alvarez 4. The word...
Wednesday, April 3, 2013 by Gabby
7th Grade Social Studies
1. Which of the following are accomplishments of the Incas? (1 point) pyramids floating gardens hieroglyphics roads and aqueducts 2. All of the following contributed to the Spanish victory over the Aztecs except (1 point) disease wiped out many of the Aztecs. native Americans ...
Tuesday, April 2, 2013 by Anonymous
Conjugate Past Tense Resulta que todo el mundo _____ que mi novio me estaba enganando porque el ____ con otra chica y los dos estaban bailando juntos y besandose toda la noche. Choices: decir, tener, querer, poner, saber, poder, and venir I tried different choices, but I feel ...
Tuesday, April 2, 2013 by Jayda
10.After the conductor (auditioned supplemented) all the candidates for the position of first violinist he made his final choice auditioned 11.Everything that I have learned about Abraham Lincoln from history books (stupefies affirms) my reverence for this great president ...
Monday, April 1, 2013 by Jerald
7th Grade Social Studies!!
Quick question- 1) All of the following contributed to the Spanish victory over the Aztecs except (1 point) disease wiped out many of the Aztecs. native Americans in the region resented paying tribute to the Aztecs. the Spanish had horses and superior weapons. the Spanish had ...
Saturday, March 30, 2013 by Anonymous
Spanish - Proofreading
Can someone please proofread this for me? Thank you. Mi viaje al cine y el restaurante. En la tarde del sabado, mi amiga, Amelia, y yo vamos en el centro a las dos y media de la tarde. Mi amiga lleve los jeans negro y la blusa amarilla, y yo llevo el vestido verde y la bufanda...
Friday, March 29, 2013 by Samantha
In English the format for asking a question is Are you hungry?" with a question mark at the end. How is a Spanish question written differently? Isn't it to put a question mark at the beginning also?
Friday, March 29, 2013 by Cassie
¿Cuál de los siguientes NO ES uno de los autores latinoamericanos que ganó el Premio Nobel? a. Miguel Angel Asturias c. Jorge Luis Borges b. Gabriela Mistral d. Pablo Neruda
Friday, March 29, 2013 by lucy
I tried on 8 but i didn't get 9. I do not know how to do these, so please help. Thank You. 8. Which of these sentences is correct? Juego baloncesto. Juego a la baloncesto. *Juego al baloncesto. 9. Which of these sentences is correct? Juego al golf. Juego golf. Juego a la ...
Thursday, March 28, 2013 by Jack
15. If you do an activity every day, which expression would you use to express that? siempre *todos los días nunca muchas veces a veces 16. If you do an activity always, which expression would you use to express that? *siempre nunca todos los días muchas veces a ...
Thursday, March 28, 2013 by Jack
5. Fill in the blank with the correct form of the verb jugar. yo __________ My Answer: yo juego 6. Fill in the blank with the correct form of the verb jugar. nosotros __________ My Answer: nosotros jugamos 7. Fill in the blank with the correct form of the verb jugar. ellos ...
Thursday, March 28, 2013 by Jack
Social Studies Ms. Sue please
Sorry there are so many questions!!!! 1. The economic centers of the Northeast are the region's __________. (1 point) farms fisheries forests cities 2. Two major ports in the South are ______________________. (1 point) Atlanta and Dalton Raleigh and Austin Miami and New ...
Wednesday, March 27, 2013 by Delilah
7th Grade Social Studies
1. Which statement best describes the government of Canada? (1 point) The monarch of Britain has total control over Canada. The Canadian parliament is ruled by the United States. Canada has complete power over its own government. The prime minister is the monarch of Canada. 2...
Wednesday, March 27, 2013 by Anonymous
Which of the following is true of the Spanish-American War? A. The black soldiers who fought had gained experience and distinction during the Indian Wars. B. Racial tensions were suspended for the duration of the war. C. About one in ten American soldiers were black. D. Black...
Monday, March 25, 2013 by sergey
Verb Distinction Give the correct form of the appropriate verb, saber or conocer, which would be used in writing the following sentences in Spanish. Be sure the verb is written in correct form to agree with the subject of the sentence and also in the correct tense (past or ...
Sunday, March 24, 2013 by RJ
Spanish: Translate please
Translate these please: una zanahoria una manzana una uva una fresa una zanahoria una manzana unas uvas una fresa una manzana la lechuga una papa una cebolla el refresco el jugo la leche el té Thank You.
Thursday, March 21, 2013 by Jack
Spanish: check answers
Questions: 3. Paella is a dish like tacos. a dish made of rice, seafood, and vegetables eaten in Spain. another name for enchiladas. 4. Fast-food restaurants in the Spanish-speaking world are generally very popular with adults. look similar to the ones in the United States and...
Thursday, March 21, 2013 by Jade
Please help me. I only want to know if I've answered these correctly thank you. 1)¿De quién es ______ suéter? A. este C. su B. esta D. esos I said the answer is A. 2)_____,¿cuánto cuestan estos tenis? Treinta pesos. A. Cuestan C. Hace dos...
Monday, March 18, 2013 by Eri
Double Object Pronouns. Sustituya (Substitute) los complementos directos e (and) indirectos por sus respectivos pronombres. Modelo: Alberto le sirvió café a Jimena. Alberto se lo sirvió. Can you please check my anwsers for these sentences? Gracias! 1....
Sunday, March 17, 2013 by Jessica
SPANISH 2 HELP
Will someone check my anwsers? Thanks ¿Quién te sacó estas fotos? A. Julio me los sacó. B.Julio te las sacó. C.Julio me las sacó. ¿Quién les mandó estas flores a Uds.? A.Ceci nos los mandó. B.Ceci nos las ...
Sunday, March 17, 2013 by Jessica
I need help picking the rightsentence form? Thanks ¿Quién te sacó estas fotos? A. Julio me los sacó. B.Julio te las sacó. C.Julio me las sacó. ¿Quién les mandó estas flores a Uds.? A.Ceci nos los mandó. B....
Saturday, March 16, 2013 by Jessica
Cuando tenía catorce años, fui a la Inglaterra y Gales con mi equipo del fútbol de mi escuela secundaria. Fuimos a la Inglaterra porque queríamos jugar en otro país contra los equipos extranjeros y ver las vistas hermosas. La idea de hacer ...
Friday, March 15, 2013 by Me
Can someone help me peer edit my work the second paragraph is my conclusion, this is about diet: Dieta Su dieta es muy importante para mantener el bueno salud. Comiendo comidas saludables ayudas su mantener fuerte un cuerpo y perder peso o subir peso, pero de una manera ...
Thursday, March 14, 2013 by Carol
In a group of 200 high school students, 36 are taking biology, 52 are taking Spanish, and 126 are taking neither biology nor Spanish. If one of these 200 students is to be chosen at random, what is the probability that the student chosen is taking biology but not Spanish?
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 by jamel
Math - Probabilities
There are a total of 116 foreign language students in a high school where they offer Spanish, French, and German. There are 22 students who take at least 2 languages at once. If there are 47 Spanish students, 45 French students, and 49 German students, how many students take ...
Monday, March 11, 2013 by Sarah
Spanish please help!
Complete each sentence with the correct form of the verb in parentheses. 1. La clase de matemáticas (terminar) a las cuatro. 2. ¿Te gusta (estudiar) psicología? 3. La profesora (explicar) el mapa. 4. Necesito (comprar) el libro de español. 5. ...
Sunday, March 10, 2013 by kim
There are a total of 103 foreign language students in a high school where they offer Spanish, French, and German. There are 19 students who take at least 2 languages at once. If there are 38 Spanish students, 38 French students, and 46 German students, how many students take ...
Friday, March 8, 2013 by Lane