Recent Homework Questions About Other Languages
Which one of these sentences is written in active voice? A. The umbrella was carried by the young lady as she walked on the beach. B. They walked up the road together to the old rickety barn. C. The newspaper was held down by the paper weight. D. The smell of roses was ...
Monday, November 25, 2013 at 9:05pm
Have you ever wanted to know what people said and thought about you when you weren't around? If you could disguise yourself in some way and be around the people you know, how would you carry it out? Describe your ideal disguise and a scenario that you imagine would take ...
Sunday, November 24, 2013 at 3:27pm
Hello, can someone please check my answers? :) 1. How would you describe to others a person with ambition? (1 point) someone who withdraws from his family someone who strives for success*** someone who buys anything he wants someone who moves frequently 2. The lines ...
Friday, November 22, 2013 at 12:19pm
We saw the months of wicked weather, As day to painful night did turn, Waiting, huddled close together For the frozen suns return. Our nights were almost endless torture. Our food was gone. Our fuel was low. We came in search of grand adventure But ended trembling in the...
Friday, November 22, 2013 at 11:49am
Identify the italicized word or words EATING FLESH WITH RAZOR-SHARP TEETH is how piranhas survive. a) gerund phrase b) infinitive phrase c) participial phrase d) prepositional phrase
Thursday, November 21, 2013 at 12:45pm
5 Language Arts questions:Poem:Mother to Son
1. How would you describe a deferred vacation? A. One that was booked several months ago. B. One that was delayed until a later time. C. One that was planned out many months ahead of time. 2. The speaker in the poem, Mother To Son, says the following: Life ...
Wednesday, November 20, 2013 at 1:51pm
Language Arts question
Identify the simple predicate in the sentence below. This best-selling novel is unavailable for the next three weeks. (1 point) Is*** Is unavailable for the next three weeks novel Correct?
Tuesday, November 19, 2013 at 2:33pm
Language Arts help last questions please
Identify the italicized word(s) in each sentence. 17. Going outside during a thunderstorm is not the wisest thing to do in the summer. (*Going outside during a thunderstorm* is italicized) gerund phrase participal phrase infinitive phrase prepositional phrase 18. Following the...
Monday, November 18, 2013 at 8:43pm
Language Arts help please
Choose the word(s) that the italicized phrase modifies or describes. 1. According to this map, the smallest region in the United States is New England. (*is New England* is italicized) map smallest region Unted States 2. DynaTAC800X, the nation's first cell phone, was ten ...
Monday, November 18, 2013 at 8:33pm
Another word for arc is (1 point) Angle*** Semi-circle Square Circle What is the complete subject in the following sentence? The book under the table is covered in dust. (1 point) Book Covered in dust The book under the table*** Under the table Correct?
Monday, November 18, 2013 at 12:52pm
Select the word or words that the italicized phrase modifies or describes. The original cell phones battery NEEDED TO BE RECHARGED after 30 minutes of use. a) cell phones b) battery c) 30 minutes d) use
Saturday, November 16, 2013 at 6:44pm
Select the word or words that the italicized phrase modifies or describes. According to this map, the smallest region in the UNITED STATES IS NEW ENGLAND. a) map b) smallest c) region d) United States
Saturday, November 16, 2013 at 6:43pm
Identify the italicized word or words in each sentence Going Outside DURING A THUNDERSTORM is not the wisest thing to do in the summer. a) infinitive phrase b) participial phrase c) gerund phrase d) prepositional phrase
Saturday, November 16, 2013 at 3:14pm
Identify the italicized word or words in each sentence the pool COVERED UP SINCE THE END OF SUMMER LAST YEAR is now open, clean and ready to use. a) infinitive phrase b) participial phrase c) gerund phrase d) prepositional phrase
Saturday, November 16, 2013 at 3:12pm
which of the following meta-search engines was an attempt at natural language inquires a.dogpile b.internet sleuth c.metacrawler d.ask my answer is d
Friday, November 15, 2013 at 7:31pm
in the language of the world wide web this page cannot be displayed means a.your computer s software is damaged b.the browswe cant find the web site you are seeking c.the e-mail youre trying to open has been lost d.the isp you've chosen is going to go out of business my ...
Friday, November 15, 2013 at 7:09pm
8th grade language arts help. Please I need help with this I don't understand these questions. Can you please explain these concepts to me and let me know if my answer is correct? Identify the italicized word or words in each sentence. The ITALICIZED words are in CAPS 1. ...
Thursday, November 14, 2013 at 7:42pm
To this the strategist Odysseus answered: Why is he referred to as "the strategist Odysseus'? My lady goddess, here is no cause for anger. My quiet Penelope-how well I know- Would seem a shade before your majesty, Death and old age being unknown to you, While ...
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at 7:06pm
What does this comparison tell you? A gull patrolling between the wave crests of the desolate sea will dip to catch a fish, and douse his wings; no higher above the whitecaps Hermes flew
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at 6:21pm
Language arts help!!
1. What was Dove doing during the Boston Tea Party? (1 point) drinking tea selling tea stealing tea 2. Who were the minute men? (1 point) local men who wanted to fight against the British British soldiers who were trained to kill traitors the army for the Sons of Liberty 3. ...
Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 5:14pm
Can you also check these type of infinitive phrases? Thanks 1.To have a balanced diet, keep the food triangle in mind. noun 2. To get good food at that place is impossible.noun 3.Brenda went to that popular, crowded cafe simply to see her friends.adv 4.We listened to Rosalie...
Monday, November 11, 2013 at 11:15pm
What type of infinitive phrases are shown below (noun, adverb or adjective) 1.George wants to take Lea out tonight. adv 2.Would you like to read this detective novel? adj 3. Fifty years ago,people didn't know to avoid "bad"cholesterol. adv 4.My grandmother taught...
Monday, November 11, 2013 at 10:16pm
What type of infinitive phrases are shown below (noun, adverb or adjective) 1.George wants to take Lea out tonight. 2.Would you like to read this detective novel? 3. Fifty years ago,people didn't know to avoid "bad"cholesterol. 4.My grandmother taught me to make ...
Monday, November 11, 2013 at 9:42pm
I miss placed my word list and my assignment is due tomorrow and I need to access my word list from my teacher Shirley Carr at Adlai Stevenson elementary second grade class can this site help me with that I am not a member and do not know if my teacher or school is either
Monday, November 11, 2013 at 3:37pm
The last time...Language arts
What figurative language does use in Annabel Lee? My Answer--> With a love that the winged seraphs of heaven coveted her and me (lines 8 and 9). The angels do not see any restoration of the love even in heaven; they doubt that he will reunite in heaven with his love, ...
Tuesday, November 5, 2013 at 8:01pm
what are the: -similarities -differences -conflicts and reasons between the following communities: -ethnic minority & ethnic majority -religion and school -(one of your own) here is a different one that I did as an example. I just need help on the above. example -family and ...
Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:04pm
If the end mark is correct,write correct.if it is not correct,write the sentence with the correct end mark. 1/what should I draw! The answer:not correct,,What should I draw? 2/think of something funny? The answer:not correct,,,Think of something funny. 3/help,this is harder ...
Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 11:22am
Write the complete subject in each sentence. 1/The sound of the piano mixes with the sound of the voices. 2/Beautiful music floats on the evening air. 3/Their next-door neighbors hear the music. 4/mrs. Ruiz listens from her window. 5/The tired woman falls asleep listening. ...
Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 3:20pm
Think of some examples of how you change the following elements of a conversation in a formal situation. Vocabulary Pronunciation Abbreviated words Idioms Also give two examples of different situations that require you to use the formal language.
Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 12:03pm
Identify the italicized word or words in each sentence Simon preferred LISTENING TO MUSIC as he did his homework a) infinitive phrase b) gerund phrase c) infinitive phrase d) prepositional phrase
Friday, October 25, 2013 at 12:32am
a synopsis of a novel focuses on a) the main points of the story b) the point of view of the story c) the setting of the story d) the primary conflict in the story
Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 8:34pm
a costumer who has come to the store to browse will most likely a) rush through the aisles b) stroll to see what is new and interesting c) buy the one item he/she came looking for d) avoid any of the items on clearance
Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 8:30pm
Select the word or words that the italicized phrase modifies or describes. 1. Eco-tourism encourages visitors to get involved with local projects, such as CLEARING TRAILS, BUILDING SCHOOLS , AND PROTECTING WILDLIFE a) ecotourism b) victors c) local d) rojects
Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 6:08pm
Select the word or words that the italicized phrase modifies or describes. 1. A growing of tourists are pursuing the idea of ecotourism, TRAVELING DESIGNED TO SUPPORT AND RESPECT THE ENVIRONMENT. a) number b) tourists c) idea d) ecotourism
Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 6:04pm
english language arts 2
Identify the comma rule that the following sentence breaks: Although she loved her parents Sarah was eager to leave for college and be independent.
Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 6:36pm
martin luther king speech "i have a dream"
the counterargument, rebuttal of counterargument, story telling(using personal experiences or the experiences of others in order to appeal to the emotions and/or logic of a targeted audience), appeals to morals or ethics(using language, imagery, personal or observational ...
Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 12:24pm
Psychology/ Ms Sue
Are my answers correct Ms Sue? 1. One of the characteristic features of school-age children is that they are more likely than younger children to try to conform to peer standards in such matters as clothing and language? True 2. School age children have a more elaborate ...
Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 4:41pm
Geography (Ms. Sue)
1). What are two important unifying forces in Central Asia? A: Two significant unifying forces in Central Asia are language and religion, such as Islam. 2). What former Soviet republics are located west of Russia? A: Belarus, Moldova, Ukraine and the Baltic Republics, Latvia, ...
Friday, October 11, 2013 at 1:19pm
Geography (Ms. Sue)
1). How can the geographic definition of a body of water affect economic relationships? A: The geographic definition of a body of water can affect economic relationships as it can cause allied countries to try to better only themselves. For example, if the Caspian is a sea, ...
Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 6:13pm
2) Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly? (1point) Since Maria is away in Spain, Mom said I may have her ticket to the concert.*** Since Maria is away in Spain, Mom said, I may have her ticket to the concert. Since, Maria is away in Spain Mom said I may have...
Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 2:19pm
2) Read the following passage from Icarus and Daedalus: He fell like a leaf tossed down the wind, down, down, with one cry that overtook Daedalus far away. When he returned, and sought high and low for the poor boy, he saw nothing but the bird-like feathers afloat ...
Wednesday, October 9, 2013 at 7:21pm
1) What are the three types of conflict? (1point) Man against man, man against beast, man against himself Man against man, man against himself, external Man against man, man against himself, internal Man against man, man against nature, man against himself*** 2) Read the ...
Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 5:33pm
Geography (Ms. Sue)
1). How do language and religion reflect the cultural division in Western Europe? A: Language and religion reflect the cultural division in Western Europe as each portion of Western Europe contains cultures in which possesses its own languages and religions? 2). Which Western ...
Friday, October 4, 2013 at 8:48pm
1) What is the best way to make predictions about a text?(1point) Guess what will happen in the story before you begin reading it.*** Pay attention to the details in a story and use what you already know. Read the last few pages of a story before starting at the beginning. 2) ...
Friday, October 4, 2013 at 5:14pm
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!! <3 1. Which of the following describes the role of an anthropologist? (1 point) a person who studies the origin and development of humans*** a person who searches for artifacts from prehistoric people a person who excavates remains from early ...
Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 2:39pm
Language arts help please
1. Identify the adjectives in the followig sentence. You can choose more than one answer. After a rainfall, bugs, slugs, and all sorts of multilegged critters would descend from the ceilings and fall on the kitchen table, or worse, on our bunks. Rainfall Sorts Multilegged ...
Monday, September 30, 2013 at 7:46pm
Some friends from my class went to museums ballet exhibit. which of the following is an adjectival phrase? a) went to the museum ballet exhibit b) the museums ballet exhibit c) from my dance class d) some friends
Monday, September 30, 2013 at 5:24pm
What type of context clue is provided for the italicized word in the sentence below? when you are PRONE to something, you are likely to act or be a certain way. a) direct definition b) visual clue c) explanatory word or phrase d) antonym
Monday, September 30, 2013 at 4:57pm
1) From what elements of a story can you make inferences? (1point) Characters Setting Theme All of the above*** 2) Read the following stanza from Paul Reveres Ride to answer 3 and 4. It was two by the village clock, When he came to the bridge in Concord town...
Monday, September 30, 2013 at 2:58pm
Write a 200- to 350-word paper that describes the distinctions of data and information and briefly explains the process a computer uses to convert data into information. Consider the following: Computers use a completely different language than people, yet they ...
Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 3:12pm
Imagery is figurative language that evokes mental pictures, usually by appealing to our five senses. Imagine that you are standing on the beach in the picture. Write a paragraph of at least 5 complete sentences using imagery to describe your imagined experience. Use at least 3...
Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 11:50am
2) Which of the following phrases is not an adverbial phrase in the sentence below? For family fun, you can go on a treasure hunt in the United States. (1point) For family fun*** In the United States On a treasure hunt You can go 3) Which of the following words is an antonym ...
Friday, September 27, 2013 at 5:27pm
1) In traditional stories, a character who is completely good is usually the (1point) Antagonist Narrator Protagonist*** Round character 2) Which of the following phrases is not an adverbial phrase in the sentence below? For family fun, you can go on a treasure hunt in the ...
Friday, September 27, 2013 at 4:50pm
Essays, articles, and speeches are all works of nonfiction. Which of the following is an accurate statement about the authors of nonfiction? A. They are always real people. B. Their style is always full of figurative language. C. They usually focus on retelling historical ...
Friday, September 27, 2013 at 2:40pm
9. Read the following sentence: Brian, would you please take that binder to Mrs. Smith with the red cover? What is the best way to correct the misplaced modifier in the above sentence? (1 point) a. Brian, would you please take that binder with the red cover to Mrs. Smith? b....
Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 2:14pm
1) Which sentence describes setting? (1point) As much as it saddened her, the first thing Nan had to do was leave her beloved family home. Marcy wanted to go to dance, but Robs treatment of her that day gave her second thoughts. Steve was fairly short, with glasses and ...
Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 12:36pm
Special Education Setting Teachers Aide
children with a language or speech disorde are A)sometimes suffering from an aphasia.(my answer) B)always learing challenged. C)able to receive special help only after the third grade. D)unable to use communication boards. can someone please check if this is right please
Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 6:42am
Are these correct? I mark my answer with an X. 88. The reason to list all of the preliminary (non-procedural) information in a lesson plan is to be sure have considered each aspect. keep good records for your future needs. be able to communicate clearly with administrators, ...
Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 10:17pm
books "A Thankless Experience" Short Essay Help
This is the story: A Thankless Experience by Stephen Lautens. The story is on the internet. jiskha does not allow me to post the url The question is: Provide two examples of figurative language used by Lautens in his essay and describe the effect of each example. Please help ...
Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 9:24pm
1) Which of the following is not a type of folktale? (1point) Cautionary tale*** Mystery Legend Myth 2) Read the following sentence: Some friends from my dance class went to the museums ballet exhibit. Which of the following is an adjectival phrase? (1point) Went to the ...
Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 6:48pm
which of the following describes feedback in an oven ? a) setting the temperature b) burning gas releases heat c) a thermostat monikers the temperature and increase the gas flow when the temperature falls too low d) a cake is baked
Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 3:54pm
1.which factor is most helpful in helping technology to progress? a) unintended consequences b) a better understanding of the natural world c) risk-benefit analysis d)obsolete technologies 2. an oven is a technological system. which of the following describes into this system...
Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 3:51pm
Imagine that you are standing on the beach in the picture. Write a paragraph of at least 5 complete sentences using imagery to describe your imagined experience. Use at least 3 examples of language that appeals to your 5 senses: taste, touch, hearing, sight, and smell
Sunday, September 22, 2013 at 3:57pm
Language and Other Barriers
9. To be a teacher aide in an ESL classroom, you should A. have an ear for language. B. receive certification in ESL instruction, if possible. C. speak at least one other language besides English. D. have prior teacher aide experience in a âregularâ...
Friday, September 20, 2013 at 7:01am
Language Arts 6 Ms. Sue please
1. Which word is modified by the adjective in the sentence below? The drama production will start promptly at 8 o'clock. Start Promptly Production Drama 2. Which word is modified by the adjective in the sentence below? Not a single day goes by without me tellin my sister ...
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 6:49pm
Identify the prepositional phrase in the following sentences from the passage. 1) Uncle Sol was impressed. Very smot, he said. Very nice. But, Esther, now tell me something. How come you got a football in your frutt boll? (1point) Fot a football In your...
Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 10:19pm
1) Which of the following is an example of subjunctive verb mood? Going outside in your bare feet could make you cold. Will you go away? If I make the baseball team, I will skip around the field.*** The bread was old and crusty. 2) Which of the following is an example of ...
Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 5:52pm