Recent Homework Questions About Other Languages
Language arts Plzz help
14. Identify the aspect of style used in the excerpt below. Here in the United States, it was worse. She spoke slowly and with a thick accent. Ming sighed and packed up her books. She had a free period next, so she might as well get the interview part completed. A...
Monday, June 2, 2014 at 3:06pm
Check Answers Language arts
ONE of the people in Sri Lanka are Sinhalese, whom are Buddhist by tradition. A smaller percentage are Tamil, of Hindu background. Civil wars have torn apart the small nation, whose is a bloody and violent history. First Tamil guerrillas attack government forces, and then the ...
Monday, June 2, 2014 at 2:51pm
5. Because of the expensive antiques they had accumulated, Tony and Cara A. could barely move in their house. B. had extra money to spend. C. were design experts. D. bought brand new furniture. MY ANSWER: B
Monday, June 2, 2014 at 2:42pm
1. A student who toiled at school would probably get good grades.**** play a lot of sports. get suspended. 2. Read the following paragraph from Coming to America. Then answer question 2. "In my hometown of Ting Jiang, in southeastern China, people always said that America...
Sunday, June 1, 2014 at 6:06pm
1. If your teacher raves about you to your parents, this means she thinks you are misbehaving. thinks you are a good student. thinks you might be sick. 2. Read the following excerpt from "Dandelion Wine," then answer question 2."The magic might die by the first ...
Sunday, June 1, 2014 at 5:32pm
Language arts (Please help)
What do you think is Bradbury's purpose in contrasting Douglas's real conversation with his father and the thoughts that are going on in Douglas's mind? A. It shows that Douglas has a vivid imagination but also shows the limitations her has with communication. B. ...
Thursday, May 29, 2014 at 5:15pm
Language Arts CHECK ANSWERS
3. Everyone admired the grandeur of A. the rose garden. B. the mountains. ** C. the car. 10. Which sentence corrects the following sentence? Isnt that she by the side of the pool? A. Is that her by the side of the pool? B. Is that hers by the side of the pool? C. The sentence ...
Thursday, May 29, 2014 at 2:31pm
Language Arts CHECK ANSWERS
PLEASE CHECK MY ANSWERS 1. Adolescence is the period of life that follows A. infancy. B. adulthood. C. childhood.*** 2. Students can feel overwhelmed by A. a day off. B. an easy test. C. a lot of homework.*** 3. Everyone admired the grandeur of A. the rose garden.*** B. the ...
Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 3:22pm
Compare and contrast Samuel pepys's style in his diary entries and Jonathan swifts style in Gulliver's travels. Both John Bunyan and Jonathan swift criticized society. Compare and contrast John Bunyan style in the pilgrims progress and Jonathan swifts style in Gulliver...
Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 2:15pm
Language Arts (CHECK ANSWERS)
1. You already know that Anansi is a trickster. What does this tell you about the outcome of the folktale? (1 point) A: Everything will turn out the best possible way for all the characters. B: Everything will turn out the best possible way for Anansi. C: Anansis ...
Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 2:08am
Please Help!!! I just need some ideas to right a short essay. I've already though of allergies as one problem. Language Arts Essay: A law requiring everyone to have a pet might cause serious problems for some people. What problems do you thinks such a law could cause? In ...
Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 7:00pm
I need help answering this question.. How did you or your family deal or cope with these issues? These are the social justice issues i came up with : Poverty, Alcohol & drinking, violence, racism, and lack of human rights.. I know it's my own opinion but I don't know ...
Sunday, May 25, 2014 at 3:05pm
Spanish / Language
Carlos lives in Segovia in an apartment on the bottom floor of a beautiful old building. What do you call this floor in Spanish? Be sure and use the article, "el" or "la" with it. (1 point) Fill-in-the-Blank 2. Roberto lives two floors above Carlos. What ...
Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 6:58pm
Not sure if I'm correct . 2. What do facial features in the poem diondra Jordan symbolize ? A.the part of each person that's similar to ones relative .B. The part of each person that is uniquely ones own . C. The part of each that one wishes one could change. D. The ...
Saturday, May 24, 2014 at 12:06pm
1. Electric lighting was a novelty before it became (1 point) unusual. common.* expensive. 2. Read the following paragraph from The Electric Summer: "That thrilled me, and scared me. The great world seemed to swing wide like the gates of the Fair, and I didn...
Friday, May 23, 2014 at 5:25pm
Question 1.1. The Depression reached its most devastating point in the months between FDRs victory and when he entered the White House. However, he proclaimed that there was only one thing that the American people needed to be fearful of. Which of the following was it...
Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 7:15pm
Read the following lines from Marge Piercy's "To Be of Use" The people I love the best Jump into work head first without dallying in the shadows and swim off with sure strokes almost out of sight. They seem to become natives of that element, the black sleek heads...
Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 2:28pm
Language Arts /The Giver
1. What is the jonas apprehensive about at the beginning of the novel? A. a plane flying over the community B. a dream that he had recently C. the upcoming ceremony and his assingment ***** 2. In Jonas's community, members are released from the community under which ...
Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 2:03pm
language arts check
The word simulation originally refers to the act of imitating. What meaning of the word is used in this excerpt from "What Makes Teens Tick?" "In an experiment using a driving-simulation game, he studied teens and adults as they decided whether to run a yellow ...
Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 1:58pm
Help Mrs.Sue LA
Courage to Speak Any volunteers? Ms. Chavez scanned the class. Ming slouched farther down in her seat. Come on now, youll all have to interview someone sometime this year. No one wants to go first? Okay, Ill just have to choose someone. I am...
Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 10:51am
language help !
Albert Einstein, a world-famous mathematician was born in Bavaria in 1879. He acquired Swiss nationality in 1901 and he began working at the Swiss patent office the next year. Einstein was however also publishing papers in physics. He became famous for his theories of ...
Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 10:31pm
language help !
On February 12 1908 a difficult automobile race was in progress. Six cars left New York for Paris in a route that included the United States, Japan, Russia, Poland, Germany and part of France Met by blizzards and other dangers the racers nevertheless kept on. The German entry ...
Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 10:16pm
language help !
In all of recent American history, there has been no worse river flooding than what occurred on the Mississippi River between late June and the middle of August in 1993. Record flooding affected communities from Minnesota to Missouri. Iowa and Illinois joined those states as ...
Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 9:23pm
language help !
DAD: Wheres the water now? MOM: As high as the cars wheels. DAD: Wed better go. MOM: We cant. The cars dead. DAD: What? MOM: The water is up to the engine; it wont start. TINA: Oh, no! MARK: What can we do? DAD: I dont know. (He looks ...
Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 8:04pm
2. Read the following paragraph "That thrilled me, and scared me. The great world seemed to swing wide like the gates of the Fair, and I didnt even have a plan. I hadnt even put up my hair yet. It seemed to me it was time for that, time to jerk that big bow ...
Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 11:36am
1. Electric lighting was a novelty before it became (1 point) unusual. common. expensive. 2. Read the following paragraph from The Electric Summer: "That thrilled me, and scared me. The great world seemed to swing wide like ...
Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 11:35am
language arts check
In the sentence "How could anyone get Elbures out of that orchestra of sound?" what does the orchestra refer to? ------------ a musical group played at Immigration the Spanish pronunciation of Alvarez the name Elbures the American pronunciation of Alvarez***
Monday, May 19, 2014 at 8:58pm
9. Choose the type of punctuation that is missing from the following sentence. My best friends new dog wont stop barking. (1 point) (x)apostrophe ()semicolon ()colon ()hyphen 10. Cant you just see the look on his face when he finds out about the party. (1 point) ()apostrophe (...
Monday, May 19, 2014 at 4:08pm
What is the correct way to punctuate the underlined part of the following sentence?After beating the sugar with the butter he added eggs to the mixture. --------- butter he is underlined. a)butter;he b)butter:he c)butter,he d)butter-he Is the answer A?
Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 7:06pm
Which change should be made to the following sentence to avoid using a double negative? Until I went to New York, I had never been nowhere with such tall buildings. a)Leave the sentence as is. b)Until I went to New York,I never been anywhere with such tall buildings. c)Until I...
Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 6:27pm
Which sentence is punctuated correctly? a)Briana, my partner for the science project had some great ideas. b)Briana my partner for the science project, had some great ideas. c)Briana, my partner, for the science project had some great ideas. d)Briana, my partner for the ...
Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 6:17pm
Read the sentence. Running down the sidewalk, a hole in the pavement caused me to trip. Which revision of the sentence is grammatically correct? a)Running down the sidewalk,there was a hole in the pavement, I tripped on it. b)Running down the sidewalk, the pavement had a hole ...
Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 6:02pm
Which sentence are quotation marks used correctly ? A)The men's clothing department does'nt sell tuxedos. B)The womens' book club hasn't decided which book to read next. C)I wanted to borrow my sisters new sweater, but she wouldn't let me wear it. D)The ...
Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 4:56pm
Which sentence is punctuated correctly? A) My grandmother is a smart, funny, kind person. B) Bright,red, leaves drifted down from the maple tree. C) On Thanksgiving we enjoyed a delicious, turkey dinner. D) My friend and I just saw an exciting, science fiction movie. Is the ...
Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 3:53pm
In which sentence are quotation marks used correctly? A)"I'd love to go to the movie, she said, "but I have to finish my homework first." B)"I'd love to go to the movie," she said, but I have to finish my homework first." C)"I'd ...
Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 3:28pm
Language Arts (english)
1.In general terms, how do the townspeople in The Handsomest Drowned Man in the World react to the body which washes up on their shore? 2.Why do the townspeople react to Esteban as they do? What is he to them? 3.What is a fable, how might The Handsomest ...
Friday, May 16, 2014 at 8:04am
There is this Kingdom hall of Jehovahs Witnesses in Arvada Colorado that I just love to go to every Sunday and Tuesday. If I were to describe it, and why I love it so much, I would want to capitalize on things like the talks that the brothers give, commitment, everybody ...
Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 3:26pm
Read the following passage and identify at least 3 elements of figurative language; explain how each element brings out the theme of the passage. "The Wrong Place" by Susan Michalski Lana woke up, curled in a corner of the seat at the back of the train. She lifted ...
Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 3:48pm
if you read the giver can you please check my answers and see if they are correct? . What is the jonas apprehensive about at the beginning of the novel? A. a plane flying over the community B. a dream that he had recently C. the upcoming ceremony and his assingment I think C 2...
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 8:07pm
What is one difference between the credentials of jerrilyn Jacobs and zlata filipovic? Jerrilyn jacobs is younger Jerrilyn jacobs provides a firsthand account Jerrilyn jacobs is a communications expert Jerrilyn jacobs is a teaching expert I picked b is that right?
Monday, May 12, 2014 at 8:49pm
health pllz help me i have trouble
1. Haley is excited about a new activity she learned about while surfing the Internet called orienteering. Which community group would most likely be able to give her a good start in this activity? (1 point)church youth group dance team drama club Girl Scouts 2. Select the ...
Friday, May 9, 2014 at 2:25pm
Language Check 2 Ms.Sue
Correct capitalization, punctuation, and spelling. 1. We keep a variety of emergency equipment in the trunk of our car, a first-aid kit, jumper cables, a blanket, a flashlight, and road flares. A. car a first-aid B. car: a first-aid C. car; a first-aid D. car: a 1st-aid E. ...
Wednesday, May 7, 2014 at 1:19am
Language Check Ms.Sue
Choose correct capitalization, punctuation, and spelling. 1. Thank you for you're prompt response to my request information about traveling to Australia. A. Thank you for youre B. Thank you for youre' C. Thank you for your D. Thank you for your' E. Correct as is MY...
Wednesday, May 7, 2014 at 12:31am
In drafting a descriptive paragraph, how are the details organized if you use spatial order as the organizing principle? a)from most general to most specific b)by physical position or relationship to each other c)by the date each event occurred d)in order of importance Is the ...
Monday, May 5, 2014 at 9:16pm
Which sentence does not include an abbreviation? a)The movie starts at 12:45 p.m b)Dr. Ross asked the nurse to schedule my surgery immediately. c)One day I hope to visit Mt. Rushmore. d)Chris left work early to catch the train at three o'clock. Is the answer d?
Monday, May 5, 2014 at 9:12pm
Where should you insert a colon in this sentence? Interview the following people Dave, Barb, Jose, and Mary Ann. a)After following b) After people c)After Jose d)nowhere Is the answer b?
Monday, May 5, 2014 at 1:55pm
Hello. I need help with science questions. Could you please check these answers for me? Thank you very much! 1. Which of the following traits is acquired A. the number of petals that grow in a plant's flowers B. the wing shape of a wild bird C. the ability of some gorillas...
Thursday, May 1, 2014 at 1:32pm
Help Ms.Sue!!! Social Studies
1. How does the Israeli-Palestinian conflict most directly affect the daily lives of young people in Jerusalem a. civilian violence b. peace talks c. international negotiations d. political parties ( my answer) 2. which is the best location for farming? a. east of the jordan ...
Thursday, May 1, 2014 at 10:56am
language art pllz help
1. Which of the following would most likely connect with the speaker of "Growing Pains"? (1 point)a teen whose parents are going through a difficult divorce a teen who has let down one of her best friends a teen whose mother is often too busy to spend time with him ...
Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 11:27am
Language arts plz help
1. The poet uses all of the following in "Annabel Lee" except (1 point)alliteration. simile. repetition. rhyme. 2. Which of the following best shows that the speaker is still deeply in love with Annabel Lee? (1 point)The speaker explains that he and Annabel Lee were...
Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 3:19pm
physiology and health
True or false I realy need help!!!!!! 1) A relationship is a bond between people. 2) Citizenship is the way you conduct yourself as a member of the community. 4) Communication involves only sending messages to others. 5) Passive communicators always stand up for themselves and...
Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 7:59am
Language. Check answers
My last questions. Direction: Proofread for correct verb forms. If sentence is already correct write C 1. Luis Ortega has been describe as history's greatest rawhide braider. My answer: Luis Ortega have been describe as history's greatest rawhide braider. 2. For years...
Monday, April 28, 2014 at 9:23pm
Language. Check answer
Revising sentences for agreement. There is either an error in subject-verb agreement or an error in pronoun-antecedent agreement 1. Two dollars were once considered generous pay for an hour's work. My answer: Two dollars was once considered generous pay for and hour's ...
Monday, April 28, 2014 at 7:18pm
Language. Check answer
Revising sentences for agreement. There is either an error in subject-verb agreement or an error in pronoun-antecedent agreement 1. Many a girl has taken Shirley Chisholm as their model of success. My answer: Many girls has took Shirley Chisholm as their model of success. 2. ...
Monday, April 28, 2014 at 6:24pm
Choosing verbs that agree in Number with Their Subjects: 1. Almost everybody (has,have) played games that originated in faraway places. MY ANSWER: HAVE 2. Few of these games (is,are) difficult to play. MY ANSWER: ARE 3. Pictures on ancient Greek pottery (show,shows) people ...
Thursday, April 24, 2014 at 7:21am
Proofreading a Parapgraph for Subject-Verb Agreement, Help with the errors: 1.Oridnary houses or a public building sometimes present problems for people with disabilities. 2. For example, a person using a wheelchair or crutches often have difficulty maneuvering in narrow halls...
Thursday, April 24, 2014 at 1:25am
Please check answers! Choose the type of punctuation that is missing from the following sentence It's no wonder that Mark is tired after staying up all night. A. APOSTROPHE **** B. SEMICOLON C. COLON D. HYPHEN Can't you just see the look on his face when he finds out ...
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 at 2:32pm
Language arts Mrs.Sue check Plz
A factory might emit (1 point) pollution. smokestacks. resources. 2. How do the members of Dont Be Crude make a persuasive appeal? (1 point) by embarrassing people by educating people by encouraging people by making people laugh 3. What did Gina Gallant not have to do to...
Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at 12:44pm
1. What are the characteristics of an effective television newscaster? Explain. 2. Why are so many people over the age of twenty-one entering college? Discuss. 3. What could be done to make the public less hesitant to report crime? 4. Do Americans seem unable to relax in ...
Monday, April 21, 2014 at 11:07pm
1. Which vendor did IBM select to create the operating system for the IBM PC? (A) Microsoft Macintosh DEC Dell 2. Which of the following components was a significant development featured in the Macintosh LISA computer? (A) C Prompt Disk Operating System Graphical User ...
Monday, April 21, 2014 at 9:34pm
Which of the following would most likely connect with the speaker of "Growing Pains"? A) a teen whose parents are going through a difficult divorce B) a teen who has let down one of her best friends C) a teen whose mother is often too busy to spend time with him
Monday, April 21, 2014 at 2:14pm
A comparison of the poems "quickdraw" and "the farmers bride"! Discuss the techniques used, analyse the language/structure/form explore layers of meaning and comment on the effect of the reader. E.G compare how the poets use verbs or metaphore or imagery or...
Saturday, April 19, 2014 at 1:54pm
when middle-class mainstream teachers reprimand children for verbalizing spontaneously, they show a preference for facilitating language development through
Friday, April 18, 2014 at 2:21pm
Which is the best way to clarify the sentence "The few arguments against pet ownership scarely need to be mentioned"? A. Most people favor pet ownership, but the author believes that the arguments against it are strong. B. Few people can provide reasons not to own a ...
Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 11:32am
Which of the following statements from the editorial shows bias? A. Studies have shown the health-related benefits of pets. B. That animal depends on you. C. Thus, all pet owners are caring people. D. Everyone-yes, everyone-should have a pet. I'm really confused on this ...
Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 11:13am
Read the following sentence from the editorial: "We learn that all of our moments can be filled with joy if we only open our hearts to our pets." How is faulty reasoning shown in this sentence? A. The author exaggerates the effect of owning a pet. B. The author makes...
Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 11:09am
So I answered a couple of the questions about "The Boarded Window" by Ambrose Bierce. But can you help me with this please? What in the text indicates the beliefs and values of the author?
Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at 1:26pm
Identify the correct statement. A) When a complex sentence begins with a dependent clause, put a comma after the clause. B) When a complex sentence begins with an independent clause, put a comma after the clause. C) In a compound sentence, put a comma after the coordinating ...
Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at 9:08am
Language Arts - Grammar - please check answers
1. Michelle Kwan has become an inspiration to us all. 2. Is Sara the runner in the blue T-shirt? 3. I could have been a contender. 4. The winner of the spelling bee was Tracy. 5. The next speaker will be Mr. Gonzales. 6. Who was the fourteenth president of the United States? 7...
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 11:04pm
Language Arts - Grammar - please check answers
Identify the linking verb and the predicate nominative. 1. My partner for biology lab is Penelope. 2. Jason will be the next student council president. 3. Mrs. Furillo's favorite song is still "Night and Day." 4. Rocky Marciano was the world heavyweight boxing ...
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 10:26pm
When preparing to write a summary, you should: A. highlight all main and major ideas after thoroughly reading the article. B. highlight descriptive language and examples. C. take careful notes as you read the article the first time. D. complete outside research. A
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 9:20pm
Comprehension (The Talking Skull) When the people in the village see the man coming, they run inside their homes because 1. they are scared of him. 2. he is acting crazy. 3. he has always begged them for food. 4. they do not want to talk with him. i think its 1 or 3
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 3:17am
Which of the following places events in chronological order? A.formation of Negro Leagues, invention of baseball, Civil War B.invention of baseball, Civil War, formation of Negro Leagues C.invention of baseball, formation of Negro Leagues, Civil War D.Civil War, invention of ...
Monday, April 14, 2014 at 10:29pm
1. A factory might EMIT A. Pollution B. Smokestacks C. Resources 2. How do the members of Don't Be Crude make a persuasive appeal? A. By embarrassing people B. By educating people C. By encouraging people D. by making people laugh 3. What did Gina Gallant NOT have to do to...
Monday, April 14, 2014 at 1:06pm
If Andrea's parents have her take violin lessons, take a foreign language and attend science camp in hopes of her developing skills so she can get into a competitive college, is that an example of human capital or cultural capital? I was leaning towards human capital but ...
Saturday, April 12, 2014 at 4:52pm
Language Art (Please Check)
Im actually confused on this one i think its C. or D. but ill go with D. which of the following would be most likely to cause a commotion? A.A baby sleeping in a stroller B.A library closing for the evening C.A public appearance by a celebrity D.A grandfather clock striking ...
Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 10:42pm
Language Art (Please Check)
i think C. Which of these is true of both historical fiction and historical nonfiction? A.the setting is real B.the plot is imaginary C.The time period is true D.the characters are real
Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 10:07pm