Recent Homework Questions About Latin
The alternative for the Americas agreement of the early 2000s is primarily aimed at... A) excluding the US from Latin America B) creating a Latin America Union C) inviting foreign investment from Asia D) improving ties with the European Union Can't find this anywhere.. ...
Tuesday, September 2, 2014 at 9:03pm
When a chain hangs under its own weight, its shape is a catenary (from the Latin word for chain). The equation of a catenary with a vertex on the y-axis is . Find the length of the chain from . Then use the same technique from Problem #8 to find the length of the parabola with...
Sunday, August 3, 2014 at 2:29pm
The Alternative for the Americas agreement of the early 2000's is primarily aimed at A. creating a Latin American Union B. inviting foreign investment from Asia C. improving ties with the European Union D. excluding the United States from Latin America My answer is D, if ...
Friday, July 11, 2014 at 1:17am
Choose the sentence that is punctuated correctly. Many people are afraid of bold futuristic inventions Why did you spend all your money on expensive trendy clothes that you'll only wear a month or so? Oh, no, Mom is watching that silly, musical comedy again. ---> The ...
Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 4:33pm
Latin America Unit 3 Test 1.Which is a key factor that affects the climate of mountainous Latin America? A.snow B.El nino C.elevation D.sea Breezes 2.which statement best describes the economies of central america? A.Central america's economy is dependent on the fishing ...
Friday, May 9, 2014 at 6:24pm
History PLEASE HELP!!!
1. Which is a key factor that affects the climate of mountainous Latin America? (2 points) snow El Niño elevation sea breezes 2. Which statement best describes the economies of Central America? (2 ...
Friday, May 9, 2014 at 4:19pm
Language arts plz help
1. The poet uses all of the following in "Annabel Lee" except (1 point)alliteration. simile. repetition. rhyme. 2. Which of the following best shows that the speaker is still deeply in love with Annabel Lee? (1 point)The speaker explains that he and Annabel Lee were...
Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 3:19pm
Can somebody please check my answers? Thank you :) 1. Which is a key factor that affects the climate of mountainous Latin America? a. snow b. El Niño c. elevation ** d. sea breezes 2. Which statement best describes the economies of Central America? a. Central America...
Thursday, April 24, 2014 at 12:33pm
1. In 1964, a loose union of Palestine refugees led to the formation of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) under Yasir Arafat. What was the aim of the PLO? A. Driving Israel from East Jerusalem B. Establishing a Pan-Arab League C. Evicting Israel from Palestine D. ...
Friday, April 11, 2014 at 4:56pm
i need help with this 6th grade world history
1. What effect did the Punic Wars have on small Roman farmers? A. grains from conquered lands drove down grain prices. B. grains from conquered lands drove up grain prices. C. New strains of grain from conquered lands helped them thrive. D. The lack of grain from conquered ...
Monday, March 31, 2014 at 2:32pm
Language Art (Please Check)
1.A 5.The word evacuate comes from the Latin root vac which means to empty. What word that contains this root means not occupied? A. vacuum B. vacation C. vacant D. evacuee
Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 2:39pm
1.D 2.B 3.B 4.A 5.C 6.A 7.D 8.B 9.B 10.C 1. why do most people live in the western part of colombia? A. to enjoy the cooler climate of the mountains B. to be closer to the border with venezuela C. to live along the pacific coast D. to benefit from the country's lush rain ...
Monday, March 17, 2014 at 10:29am
In 1846, the population of San Francisco, California, was only 200. By 1852, the city's population was 36,000. Which contributed the most to San Francisco's population change? (5 points) The Gold Rush The Mexican-American War The Monroe Doctrine The Trail of Tears 2. ...
Tuesday, February 25, 2014 at 7:04pm
In 1846, the population of San Francisco, California, was only 200. By 1852, the city's population was 36,000. Which contributed the most to San Francisco's population change? (5 points) The Gold Rush The Mexican-American War The Monroe Doctrine The Trail ...
Sunday, February 23, 2014 at 6:14pm
1-20 can you please check my answers marked with *** which of the following were the main proponents of NAFTA? a. labor unions b. human rights groups c. environmentalists ***d. large corporations in the 1950s 40 percent of the u.s workforce was engaged in manufacturing by the ...
Friday, February 14, 2014 at 4:25pm
1. Outside of Europe, the major scenes of battle in the Seven Years War were: A. North America and Africa. B. Central America and India. C. India and North America. D. Latin America and Africa. is it C 2. Which of the following statements is an accurate depiction of the nature...
Monday, February 10, 2014 at 2:44pm
1. Regarding Mexico's Porfirio Díaz, which statement is true? A. He enacted laws that favored wealthy elites. B. He overthrew the Mexican Revolution of 1910. C. He freed many peasant farmers from debt peonage. D. He reformed the hacienda system. 2. In the 1840s, the...
Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 7:47pm
6. The only country in Southeast Asia to maintain its independence was A. Cambodia. B. Siam. C. Vietnam. D. Java. 7. While imprisoned, Hitler wrote Mein Kampf. In this work, he laid out his views on all the following, except A. an alliance with Italy. B. Germany's need ...
Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 8:01pm
help, check my answers pls!!! asap!! 1. The ability to perform a movement within a short period of time is known as (1 point) agility power reaction time speed 2. In order to do a backflip in the middle of his hip-hop dance routine, Terrance has to generate enough force for ...
Monday, January 6, 2014 at 11:49am
Need help World Geograpy
3. Among the northern Andean countries strongly involved in the illegal coca and drug trade, __________ is now the predominant coca producer. A. Colombia B. Bolivia C. Peru D. Ecuador Student Answer: C Answer: Incorrect Reference: 6. Which of the following statements about the...
Friday, January 3, 2014 at 1:05am
1. Which of the following were the main proponents of NAFTA? A. Environmentalists B. Human rights groups C. Labor unions D. Large corporations 2. Which of the following is the primary subsistence crop in Latin America? A. Potatoes B. Beans C. Corn D. Wheat 3. Among the ...
Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 5:36pm
Please help quickly! Social Studies
Please check my answers What was the constitutional issue decided in McCulloch v. Maryland? (Points : 1) Whether the federal government could raise revenue for internal improvements The extent to which states and the federal government shared jurisdiction over commerce <-- ...
Sunday, December 22, 2013 at 9:08pm
which identifies one culture factor that unites the people of Latin America? A. they are citizens of the same country B. most are roman catholic c. most speak English and Arabic D. they were once ruled by the same powerful emperor
Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 3:10pm
1)Which cities were the leaders of the two Christian religions? 2)What body of water touched Latin,Eastern Orthodox and pagan lands? 3)In what place would you anticipate a major effort by Latin Church to expand its influence?Why?(according to the map of Christianity in Europe ...
Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at 12:24pm
This is for a Latin class, but as it has nothing to do with the language, it is more of a social studies question. For homework we had to complete a project on the Roman Empire. One part was to find all of the provinces, label them on a map, find the year they became a ...
Sunday, December 1, 2013 at 6:24pm
1. In 1916, Woodrow Wilson ordered General John J. Pershing to lead U.S. troops into Mexico to capture A. Francisco Madero. B. Victoriana Huerta. (C. Pancho Villa.) D. Porfirio Diaz. 2. The last of Wilson's Fourteen Points called for (A. the creation of a League of Nations...
Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 1:12pm
Why were the British more successful than the Spanish in colonizing North America? Select one: a. They found more gold. b. They had a stronger military. c. They attracted more immigrants. d. They bonded with Native American populations. On the heels of repealing the Stamp Act...
Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 3:24pm
Geography (Ms. Sue)
1). Which groups have argued that the income gap presents a moral issue? A: The Catholic Church and other religious faiths have argued that the income gap presents a moral issue. 2). What is the basic economic dilemma confronted by poor people in Latin America? A: The basic ...
Friday, September 27, 2013 at 8:51pm
Geography (Ms. Sue)
1). What Caribbean island is rich in natural gas, and what impact has this land on the economy? 2). What is the dominant vegetation of the Amazon river basin? 3). What is the main disadvantage of the slash-and-burn method of growing crops? 4). What is the main disadvantage of ...
Saturday, September 21, 2013 at 8:42pm
Geography (Ms. Sue)
How have humans changed the environment in Latin America to make it more suitable for agriculture? My answer: Humans have burned forests to clear land for planting and diverted streams to irrigate crops. They have also raised fields in swampy areas and carved terraces out of ...
Friday, September 20, 2013 at 8:10pm
Geography (Ms. Sue)
What are two reasons for the variety of climate and vegetation found in Latin America? My answer: This variety of climate and vegetation is due to several factors. First, Latin America spans a great distance on each side of the equator and there are large changes in elevation ...
Friday, September 20, 2013 at 5:38pm
Geography (Ms. Sue)
1). Where are most of the high-land climate zones located? 2). What vegetation characterizes the Amazon River basin? 3). What types of climate zones are found in Latin America? My answers to these questions are the following: 1). Most of the highland climate zones are located ...
Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 10:57pm
Geography (Ms. Sue)
1.) What types of landforms are found in Latin America? 2). What is their relative location? My answer: 1.) Latin America's landforms include highlands, lowlands, mountains, and plains. 2). ?
Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 4:21pm
Can someone give me some singular to plural and plural to singular basic sentences that are both masculine and female for me to try? I can only do really basic sentences like: The boys are slaves. The boys are roman The girls are in the fields Marcus and Sextus are happy. ...
Friday, August 23, 2013 at 8:19pm
Latin, for Bryce
I don't know what "viri defessus" means. Here's why -- "defessus" is the masculine, singular, nominative form of the adjective meaning "weakened." In here (http://econrad.net/latin/), go into the first and second declension sections. The ...
Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 6:29pm
Can you give me some basic sentences that I can turn masculine plural and singular and vice versa? Like, The man was tired. The man walked in the fields slowly. etc.
Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 3:17pm
this is very basic latin. does this make sense? The question: Estne Marcus Servus? My Answer: Minime! Marcus non est servus quod est puer romanus. Its supposed to say no! Marcus is not a slave because he is a roman boy.
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 3:27pm
Can someone please give me five or four basic/beginner sentences that contain plural and singular words so I can translate them and you see if they are right? I have a test over grammar tomorrow, I can do sentences like: The girls were running through the fields. etc
Monday, August 19, 2013 at 5:51pm
Im confused about verbs in latin. Like for instance if the sentence was The girl is running. Would it be translated: Puella currit. Do I not include the is in there? Aka est in latin?
Monday, August 19, 2013 at 4:28pm
Which of the following statements about Southern South America is true? A. Paraguay is the smallest country of the subregion. B. Influence of Roman Catholicism has sharply declined in Argentina. C. The Argentine economy was devastated by the end of 2001 due to multiple ...
Thursday, July 11, 2013 at 1:50pm
1. The purpose of American and European imperialism in the Pacific was mainly to gain. A. markets fro manufactured products B. coaling stations and naval bases C. sources of raw materials D. places for surplus population I said C. 2. The development of antiseptics during the ...
Friday, May 17, 2013 at 3:39pm
1. The word centuries contains the Latin root cent-, meaning "hundred." Which of the following words contains the same root? center accent decent percent 2. The word mark is an Anglo-Saxon word meaning "boundary." Which of the following words does NOT ...
Monday, May 13, 2013 at 6:47pm
The word survivor comes from the Latin root vivere, meaning "to live." Which of the following words does not share the same origin? (1 point) vivid revive divide vitality My Answer: 1)C Is this correct?
Sunday, April 28, 2013 at 5:15pm
Can somone check if my sentences on Owen's poem "Dulce and Decorum est" are correct? Thank you very much The title of his 1917 poem Dulce et Decorum Est translates to It is sweet and right a direct quotation from Ode, written by Latin poet ...
Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 5:03pm
7th Grade Language Arts
4. The Latin word alius means "other." Which of the following words contains this root? (1 point) alien alight alike alignment 5. The Anglo-Saxon root sla- means "to strike." Which of the following words does not share this root? (1 point) slap slaughter ...
Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 1:14pm
7th Grade Language Arts
3. In the sentence "How could anyone get Elbures out of that orchestra of sound?" what does the orchestra refer to? (1 point) a musical group played at Immigration the Spanish pronunciation of Alvarez the name Elbures the American pronunciation of Alvarez 4. The word...
Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 9:28pm
7th Grade Social Studies
1. Which of the following are accomplishments of the Incas? (1 point) pyramids floating gardens hieroglyphics roads and aqueducts 2. All of the following contributed to the Spanish victory over the Aztecs except (1 point) disease wiped out many of the Aztecs. native Americans ...
Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 1:28pm
7th Grade Social Studies
1. Mexico's Central Plateau is an important region because (1 point) it is a mountainous region where few people live, but minerals are mined. most of the country's people live there. it is a place where active volcanoes and earthquakes make life difficult. it has a ...
Saturday, March 30, 2013 at 7:49pm
1. Read the sentence from paragraph 1 below. It looms menacingly over the road from the roof of a farmhouse, a flying reptile with a seven-foot wingspan. Which of the following correctly describes this sentence? A. Simple sentence B. Complex sentence C. Compound sentence *D. ...
Friday, March 29, 2013 at 3:47pm
Soc. Studies - Help please
2nd time asking this question - need further clarification - please What was the outcome of the Alliance for Progress? A.Americans opposed Kennedys policies. B.Relations between the United States and Latin America improved. C.Relations between the United States and Latin...
Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at 12:13am
What was the outcome of the Alliance for Progress? A.Americans opposed Kennedys policies. B.Relations between the United States and Latin America improved. C.Relations between the United States and Latin America did not improve. D.Tensions increased between the United ...
Monday, March 4, 2013 at 11:04pm
Check my translations please! 1. Aeneas was ordering the men to run. Aeneas viros currere iubebat. 2. The pretty queen persuades the Trojan to stay. Regina pulchra Troianum manēre persuadet. 3. A tyrant is not able to give freedom to the people. Tyranni populo liberitatem...
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 1:33pm
Latin America and North America 1. The _______ were responsible for the forced migration of more people from Africa than any other colonial power. A. Portuguese B. Dutch C. Spanish D. British 2. Regarding tropical rainforests, the term evapotranspiration refers to the fact ...
Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 7:44pm
World history; Check:P
1.What was the significance of the Twelve Tables? The Twelve Tables were significant because they were an early example of written law displayed publicly for all who could read them. They were later used as the laws for Rome. "The Twelve Tables established the idea that ...
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 4:03pm
World history; Check:P
What is the significance of the twelve tablets The Twelve TABLES were significant because they were an early example of written law displayed publicly for all who could read them, another example being Hammurabi's Code What measures did the government take to distract and ...
Monday, February 11, 2013 at 7:00pm
26.The oil industry in Mexico is owned by the People or GOvernment Government 27.Many production companies have built facilities in Latin America because of Cheap labor or no taxes no taxes? 28.Who was the first president in 70 years that was not a member of the Institutional ...
Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 10:36pm
14.What did Hernan Cortes do for Spain in 1521? Conquered the Aztec or Fought the Inca Conquered the Aztec? 15.Which country borders both the Pacific Ocean and Caribbean Sea? Cuba or Panama Panama? 16. People that live in the Amazon Rainforest may lose their homes because of ...
Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 9:36pm
1. Rivers that flow into larger bodies of water are called Tributaries or creeks Tributaries 2.Most of Latin America lies within a climate region called the Dry Zone or Tropical Zone Tropical Zone 3.The weather phenomenon El Nino is caused by Earthquakes or Ocean Currents ...
Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 7:25pm
Latin Help Please
These sentences have something to do with ablative of agent but I cannot figure them out. Quid ab his maleficiis sceleris abesse videtur? What wrong crimes...??? Erunt etiam altera bella atque iterum ad Troiam magnus mittetur Achilles. They were
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 9:19pm
The president's role in foreign policy increased largely because: A. Congress proved so inept in foreign affairs that the American people demanded a change. B. America became more of a world power. c. of the need to coordinate national economic policy and foreign policy, a...
Monday, January 28, 2013 at 3:15pm
please help me with this!!!!!! 13. Which statement below would an Islamist be most likely to agree with? (Points : 3) All aspects of societypolitical, legal, economic, social, and culturalshould be guided by strict Muslim teaching. If people of the Muslim world ...
Friday, January 11, 2013 at 7:51pm
Large numbers of people have moved from rural areas to urban areas in Asia, Africa, and Latin America because (1 point) they want to live life at a slower pace. there are often few jobs and a shortage of land to farm in the countryside. conditions in large cities are very ...
Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 8:37pm
18. Which U.S. president made the following proposal? "A general association of nations must be formed under specific covenants for the purpose of affording mutual guarantees of political independence and territorial integrity to great and small states alike." (...
Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 3:00pm
MORE LANGUAGE ARTS URGENT
Because she wants to go to medical school, Becky will need to take extra science classes, and she also wants to learn Latin. The sentence above is a A. compound sentence. B. complex sentence. C. compound-complex sentence. D. simple sentence. I think..... it's A.... or C I ...
Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 12:51pm
Social Studies - URGENT
Using the five themes of geography, which theme best illustrates each statement: Location, character of place, human-environment interation, movement or region. 1. Islam spread to Eastern Europe from Southwest Asia 2. The Scandinavian countries share common influences from ...
Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 7:50pm
1. Believing that truth is what works for actual real people, Harvard psychologist William James developed the philosophy of (A. pragmatism.) B. social progressivism. C. radical progressivism. D. social idealism. 2. Which of the following was true of Secretary of State William...
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 2:25pm
One fourth of class takes French. One half takes Latin One third as many take Japanese as Latin students. There are 8 students taking Japanese. ***no students take more than one language How many students take French?12 How many students take Latin? 24 How many students ...
Monday, October 15, 2012 at 8:00pm
Filio meo multi amici erunt I have trouble understanding what this means exactly. This is all I have as a literal translation My brother many friends there are/ they are
Thursday, October 11, 2012 at 12:34pm
I need help in translating these sentences (lazy) The master's son used to give money to men in front of the temple. We will praise the Romans, for their fame is great. Will you help the sick women? Report the news to the sailors now. For a long time, the queen did not ...
Thursday, October 4, 2012 at 1:19pm
A(n) ____ will be sent to all our representatives in Latin AMerica advising them how to handle the problem libel None of us could figure out how the ____ magician had managed to escape from the trunk submerged in the tank of water ingenious?
Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 10:15pm