Recent Homework Questions About Latin
1. In 1840 the population of chicago was only 4,470. by 1990 the city's population was 1, 698,575 which factor best explains the population change A- the constructuion of railroads connecting northeastern cities and Midwestern farms B- the reduction in immigration quotas ...
Friday, February 13, 2015 at 1:50pm
Primo (at first), natura ab viris adorabatur. Antequam (afterwards), viri et feminae deos et deas laudabant. Tum (Then) animas naturae laudabant. Animae naturae timebantur. Viri rogabant: De quo luna (moon) venit (comes)? De quo sol (sun) venit (comes)? Quid est causa fulminis...
Tuesday, February 10, 2015 at 9:43am
1. Estne in Campania? a. where is Campania? b. he is in Campania, isn't he? c. he is not in Campania, is he? d. Is he in Campania? 2. Vesuviusne populum terruit? a. did vesuvius frighten the people? b. Vesuvius did not frighten the people, did it? c. Vesuvius did frighten ...
Monday, February 9, 2015 at 8:42am
1. Puellae ab pueris spectantur. The girls were watched by the boys. 2. Statua clara ab filiabus amabatur. The famous statue was loved by the daughters. 3. Villae magnae ab agricolis bonis aedificabuntur. The large farmhouses were built by good farmers. 4. Grain will be ...
Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 2:21pm
1.Mark the statement if it is a reason that Rome was a good site for a city. A. Rome was located on a large river.** B. Rome was built on seven hills, which offered natural protection from invaders. C. Rome had an ideal seaport.** D. The climate of Rome was good for growing a ...
Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 4:27pm
Quick english help
Please check each of my answers from these short stories in "The House On Mango Street". Please correct me if I'm wrong! "Meme Ortiz" 2. What does the fact that Meme and his dog both have two names reveal about the neighborhood? A. People are ...
Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 7:48pm
Quick english help
Please check each of my answers from these short stories in "The House On Mango Street". Please correct me if I'm wrong! "Laughter" 1. Which of the following best characterizes the relationship between eaperanza and Nenny in this story? A. Esperanza ...
Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 6:33pm
Under Franklin Roosevelt's Good Neighbor policy, A. Cordell Hull favored continued military interventions in Latin America. B. the collective security among the nations of the Western Hemisphere declined. C. American commerce with Latin America increased, but only ...
Wednesday, December 24, 2014 at 2:39pm
How can I create a story of how my " constellation is formed? '' My teacher gave me this assignment. I have to create my own " Name" constellation, in this case its petasus because according to the chart I placed the dots down and it formed a hat. In ...
Tuesday, December 2, 2014 at 10:45pm
1. Reagan embraced the idea that through tax incentives the private sector would shift its resources from tax shelters to productive investment. This theory is referred to as A. supply-and-demand economics. B. neofederalism. C. deficit economics. D. supply-side economics. 2. ...
Monday, December 1, 2014 at 10:11pm
The types of companies compete in the global marketplace: (1) international firms, (2) multinational firms, and (3) transnational firms. All three employ people in different countries, and many have administrative, marketing, and manufacturing operations (often called ...
Sunday, November 30, 2014 at 12:42am
1.Hodie viis ad Europam ambulamus. 2. Romanas terras pugnis non occupabunt! 3.Carro et equo ex provinciis cibum portabamus. 4.Romani deos templis, sacrificiis et statuis laudabant. 5.Servus in arena gladio pugnabit. I think it is.. 1.Today we walk on the streets to Europe. 2....
Wednesday, November 12, 2014 at 2:17pm
I need help with this! (I know we're not supposed to post homework. I will post what i think it is in a min) Sum servus quod* Romani meam (my) patriam occupabant. In proeliis cum Romanis non pugnabam. Mea patria erat Graecia*, et nunc mea familia in Graecia habitat. Mox ...
Tuesday, November 11, 2014 at 11:59am
World History Answer Check (Ms. Sue)
1. What were some of the difficulties faced by the new Latin American republics? A: Some of the difficulties faced by the new Latin American republics were the domination of society by the landed elites and persistent inequality. Large estates remained a way of life in Latin ...
Wednesday, October 29, 2014 at 11:24am
I need help translating these. Poetae pecuniam dabo. Reginae fabulam nuntiabamus. Vias provinciarum aedificas. Praedam patriae occupabant. Regina fabulam poetae laudabit. Agricolae terram Italiae laborabant. Fama, fortuna, et pecunia nautam vocant. Nauta puellae pecuniam dat. ...
Friday, October 24, 2014 at 10:54am
6. Select the best translation for "nuntiabant". (5 points) a. They do report b. They are reporting. c. They report. d. They kept reporting. I think it's D.
Thursday, October 23, 2014 at 8:35am
10. Bob must ship his belongings worth 1,000 to England from Latin America. The prob- ability that a ship sinks and he loses the entire value of his shipment is 0.1. Assume that if one ship sinks it does not affect the probability that the second ship sinks. He has the option ...
Monday, October 20, 2014 at 9:01pm
In which sentences does the boldfaced word contain the Latin root -lum-? A. The bear tucked into his cave for a long winter's (slumber). B. Hannah's face was (luminous) with the soft morning light. C. The (plumber) peered into the dark drainpipe. D. Harry felt (clumsy...
Tuesday, October 14, 2014 at 8:17pm
Please check my answers...the ones with ----then a answer choice (is my answer) 1. Find the best word to complete the sentence. My brother clung ___ to his belief that Alfred Hitchcock was the greatest film director of all time. (Points : 1) coherently ineptly -------...
Monday, September 22, 2014 at 11:41am
The alternative for the Americas agreement of the early 2000s is primarily aimed at... A) excluding the US from Latin America B) creating a Latin America Union C) inviting foreign investment from Asia D) improving ties with the European Union Can't find this anywhere.. ...
Tuesday, September 2, 2014 at 9:03pm
When a chain hangs under its own weight, its shape is a catenary (from the Latin word for chain). The equation of a catenary with a vertex on the y-axis is . Find the length of the chain from . Then use the same technique from Problem #8 to find the length of the parabola with...
Sunday, August 3, 2014 at 2:29pm
The Alternative for the Americas agreement of the early 2000's is primarily aimed at A. creating a Latin American Union B. inviting foreign investment from Asia C. improving ties with the European Union D. excluding the United States from Latin America My answer is D, if ...
Friday, July 11, 2014 at 1:17am
Choose the sentence that is punctuated correctly. Many people are afraid of bold futuristic inventions Why did you spend all your money on expensive trendy clothes that you'll only wear a month or so? Oh, no, Mom is watching that silly, musical comedy again. ---> The ...
Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 4:33pm
Latin America Unit 3 Test 1.Which is a key factor that affects the climate of mountainous Latin America? A.snow B.El nino C.elevation D.sea Breezes 2.which statement best describes the economies of central america? A.Central america's economy is dependent on the fishing ...
Friday, May 9, 2014 at 6:24pm
History PLEASE HELP!!!
1. Which is a key factor that affects the climate of mountainous Latin America? (2 points) snow El Niño elevation sea breezes 2. Which statement best describes the economies of Central America? (2 ...
Friday, May 9, 2014 at 4:19pm
Language arts plz help
1. The poet uses all of the following in "Annabel Lee" except (1 point)alliteration. simile. repetition. rhyme. 2. Which of the following best shows that the speaker is still deeply in love with Annabel Lee? (1 point)The speaker explains that he and Annabel Lee were...
Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 3:19pm
Can somebody please check my answers? Thank you :) 1. Which is a key factor that affects the climate of mountainous Latin America? a. snow b. El Niño c. elevation ** d. sea breezes 2. Which statement best describes the economies of Central America? a. Central America...
Thursday, April 24, 2014 at 12:33pm
1. In 1964, a loose union of Palestine refugees led to the formation of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) under Yasir Arafat. What was the aim of the PLO? A. Driving Israel from East Jerusalem B. Establishing a Pan-Arab League C. Evicting Israel from Palestine D. ...
Friday, April 11, 2014 at 4:56pm
i need help with this 6th grade world history
1. What effect did the Punic Wars have on small Roman farmers? A. grains from conquered lands drove down grain prices. B. grains from conquered lands drove up grain prices. C. New strains of grain from conquered lands helped them thrive. D. The lack of grain from conquered ...
Monday, March 31, 2014 at 2:32pm
Language Art (Please Check)
1.A 5.The word evacuate comes from the Latin root vac which means to empty. What word that contains this root means not occupied? A. vacuum B. vacation C. vacant D. evacuee
Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 2:39pm
1.D 2.B 3.B 4.A 5.C 6.A 7.D 8.B 9.B 10.C 1. why do most people live in the western part of colombia? A. to enjoy the cooler climate of the mountains B. to be closer to the border with venezuela C. to live along the pacific coast D. to benefit from the country's lush rain ...
Monday, March 17, 2014 at 10:29am
In 1846, the population of San Francisco, California, was only 200. By 1852, the city's population was 36,000. Which contributed the most to San Francisco's population change? (5 points) The Gold Rush The Mexican-American War The Monroe Doctrine The Trail of Tears 2. ...
Tuesday, February 25, 2014 at 7:04pm
In 1846, the population of San Francisco, California, was only 200. By 1852, the city's population was 36,000. Which contributed the most to San Francisco's population change? (5 points) The Gold Rush The Mexican-American War The Monroe Doctrine The Trail ...
Sunday, February 23, 2014 at 6:14pm
1-20 can you please check my answers marked with *** which of the following were the main proponents of NAFTA? a. labor unions b. human rights groups c. environmentalists ***d. large corporations in the 1950s 40 percent of the u.s workforce was engaged in manufacturing by the ...
Friday, February 14, 2014 at 4:25pm
1. Outside of Europe, the major scenes of battle in the Seven Years War were: A. North America and Africa. B. Central America and India. C. India and North America. D. Latin America and Africa. is it C 2. Which of the following statements is an accurate depiction of the nature...
Monday, February 10, 2014 at 2:44pm
1. Regarding Mexico's Porfirio Díaz, which statement is true? A. He enacted laws that favored wealthy elites. B. He overthrew the Mexican Revolution of 1910. C. He freed many peasant farmers from debt peonage. D. He reformed the hacienda system. 2. In the 1840s, the...
Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 7:47pm
6. The only country in Southeast Asia to maintain its independence was A. Cambodia. B. Siam. C. Vietnam. D. Java. 7. While imprisoned, Hitler wrote Mein Kampf. In this work, he laid out his views on all the following, except A. an alliance with Italy. B. Germany's need ...
Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 8:01pm
help, check my answers pls!!! asap!! 1. The ability to perform a movement within a short period of time is known as (1 point) agility power reaction time speed 2. In order to do a backflip in the middle of his hip-hop dance routine, Terrance has to generate enough force for ...
Monday, January 6, 2014 at 11:49am
Need help World Geograpy
3. Among the northern Andean countries strongly involved in the illegal coca and drug trade, __________ is now the predominant coca producer. A. Colombia B. Bolivia C. Peru D. Ecuador Student Answer: C Answer: Incorrect Reference: 6. Which of the following statements about the...
Friday, January 3, 2014 at 1:05am
1. Which of the following were the main proponents of NAFTA? A. Environmentalists B. Human rights groups C. Labor unions D. Large corporations 2. Which of the following is the primary subsistence crop in Latin America? A. Potatoes B. Beans C. Corn D. Wheat 3. Among the ...
Thursday, January 2, 2014 at 5:36pm
Please help quickly! Social Studies
Please check my answers What was the constitutional issue decided in McCulloch v. Maryland? (Points : 1) Whether the federal government could raise revenue for internal improvements The extent to which states and the federal government shared jurisdiction over commerce <-- ...
Sunday, December 22, 2013 at 9:08pm
which identifies one culture factor that unites the people of Latin America? A. they are citizens of the same country B. most are roman catholic c. most speak English and Arabic D. they were once ruled by the same powerful emperor
Thursday, December 19, 2013 at 3:10pm
1)Which cities were the leaders of the two Christian religions? 2)What body of water touched Latin,Eastern Orthodox and pagan lands? 3)In what place would you anticipate a major effort by Latin Church to expand its influence?Why?(according to the map of Christianity in Europe ...
Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at 12:24pm
This is for a Latin class, but as it has nothing to do with the language, it is more of a social studies question. For homework we had to complete a project on the Roman Empire. One part was to find all of the provinces, label them on a map, find the year they became a ...
Sunday, December 1, 2013 at 6:24pm
1. In 1916, Woodrow Wilson ordered General John J. Pershing to lead U.S. troops into Mexico to capture A. Francisco Madero. B. Victoriana Huerta. (C. Pancho Villa.) D. Porfirio Diaz. 2. The last of Wilson's Fourteen Points called for (A. the creation of a League of Nations...
Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at 1:12pm
Why were the British more successful than the Spanish in colonizing North America? Select one: a. They found more gold. b. They had a stronger military. c. They attracted more immigrants. d. They bonded with Native American populations. On the heels of repealing the Stamp Act...
Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 3:24pm
Geography (Ms. Sue)
1). Which groups have argued that the income gap presents a moral issue? A: The Catholic Church and other religious faiths have argued that the income gap presents a moral issue. 2). What is the basic economic dilemma confronted by poor people in Latin America? A: The basic ...
Friday, September 27, 2013 at 8:51pm
Geography (Ms. Sue)
1). What Caribbean island is rich in natural gas, and what impact has this land on the economy? 2). What is the dominant vegetation of the Amazon river basin? 3). What is the main disadvantage of the slash-and-burn method of growing crops? 4). What is the main disadvantage of ...
Saturday, September 21, 2013 at 8:42pm
Geography (Ms. Sue)
How have humans changed the environment in Latin America to make it more suitable for agriculture? My answer: Humans have burned forests to clear land for planting and diverted streams to irrigate crops. They have also raised fields in swampy areas and carved terraces out of ...
Friday, September 20, 2013 at 8:10pm
Geography (Ms. Sue)
What are two reasons for the variety of climate and vegetation found in Latin America? My answer: This variety of climate and vegetation is due to several factors. First, Latin America spans a great distance on each side of the equator and there are large changes in elevation ...
Friday, September 20, 2013 at 5:38pm
Geography (Ms. Sue)
1). Where are most of the high-land climate zones located? 2). What vegetation characterizes the Amazon River basin? 3). What types of climate zones are found in Latin America? My answers to these questions are the following: 1). Most of the highland climate zones are located ...
Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 10:57pm
Geography (Ms. Sue)
1.) What types of landforms are found in Latin America? 2). What is their relative location? My answer: 1.) Latin America's landforms include highlands, lowlands, mountains, and plains. 2). ?
Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 4:21pm
Can someone give me some singular to plural and plural to singular basic sentences that are both masculine and female for me to try? I can only do really basic sentences like: The boys are slaves. The boys are roman The girls are in the fields Marcus and Sextus are happy. ...
Friday, August 23, 2013 at 8:19pm
Latin, for Bryce
I don't know what "viri defessus" means. Here's why -- "defessus" is the masculine, singular, nominative form of the adjective meaning "weakened." In here (http://econrad.net/latin/), go into the first and second declension sections. The ...
Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 6:29pm
Can you give me some basic sentences that I can turn masculine plural and singular and vice versa? Like, The man was tired. The man walked in the fields slowly. etc.
Thursday, August 22, 2013 at 3:17pm
this is very basic latin. does this make sense? The question: Estne Marcus Servus? My Answer: Minime! Marcus non est servus quod est puer romanus. Its supposed to say no! Marcus is not a slave because he is a roman boy.
Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 3:27pm
Can someone please give me five or four basic/beginner sentences that contain plural and singular words so I can translate them and you see if they are right? I have a test over grammar tomorrow, I can do sentences like: The girls were running through the fields. etc
Monday, August 19, 2013 at 5:51pm
Im confused about verbs in latin. Like for instance if the sentence was The girl is running. Would it be translated: Puella currit. Do I not include the is in there? Aka est in latin?
Monday, August 19, 2013 at 4:28pm
Which of the following statements about Southern South America is true? A. Paraguay is the smallest country of the subregion. B. Influence of Roman Catholicism has sharply declined in Argentina. C. The Argentine economy was devastated by the end of 2001 due to multiple ...
Thursday, July 11, 2013 at 1:50pm
1. The purpose of American and European imperialism in the Pacific was mainly to gain. A. markets fro manufactured products B. coaling stations and naval bases C. sources of raw materials D. places for surplus population I said C. 2. The development of antiseptics during the ...
Friday, May 17, 2013 at 3:39pm
1. The word centuries contains the Latin root cent-, meaning "hundred." Which of the following words contains the same root? center accent decent percent 2. The word mark is an Anglo-Saxon word meaning "boundary." Which of the following words does NOT ...
Monday, May 13, 2013 at 6:47pm
The word survivor comes from the Latin root vivere, meaning "to live." Which of the following words does not share the same origin? (1 point) vivid revive divide vitality My Answer: 1)C Is this correct?
Sunday, April 28, 2013 at 5:15pm
Can somone check if my sentences on Owen's poem "Dulce and Decorum est" are correct? Thank you very much The title of his 1917 poem Dulce et Decorum Est translates to It is sweet and right a direct quotation from Ode, written by Latin poet ...
Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 5:03pm
7th Grade Language Arts
4. The Latin word alius means "other." Which of the following words contains this root? (1 point) alien alight alike alignment 5. The Anglo-Saxon root sla- means "to strike." Which of the following words does not share this root? (1 point) slap slaughter ...
Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 1:14pm
7th Grade Language Arts
3. In the sentence "How could anyone get Elbures out of that orchestra of sound?" what does the orchestra refer to? (1 point) a musical group played at Immigration the Spanish pronunciation of Alvarez the name Elbures the American pronunciation of Alvarez 4. The word...
Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 9:28pm
7th Grade Social Studies
1. Which of the following are accomplishments of the Incas? (1 point) pyramids floating gardens hieroglyphics roads and aqueducts 2. All of the following contributed to the Spanish victory over the Aztecs except (1 point) disease wiped out many of the Aztecs. native Americans ...
Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 1:28pm
7th Grade Social Studies
1. Mexico's Central Plateau is an important region because (1 point) it is a mountainous region where few people live, but minerals are mined. most of the country's people live there. it is a place where active volcanoes and earthquakes make life difficult. it has a ...
Saturday, March 30, 2013 at 7:49pm
1. Read the sentence from paragraph 1 below. It looms menacingly over the road from the roof of a farmhouse, a flying reptile with a seven-foot wingspan. Which of the following correctly describes this sentence? A. Simple sentence B. Complex sentence C. Compound sentence *D. ...
Friday, March 29, 2013 at 3:47pm
Soc. Studies - Help please
2nd time asking this question - need further clarification - please What was the outcome of the Alliance for Progress? A.Americans opposed Kennedys policies. B.Relations between the United States and Latin America improved. C.Relations between the United States and Latin...
Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at 12:13am
What was the outcome of the Alliance for Progress? A.Americans opposed Kennedys policies. B.Relations between the United States and Latin America improved. C.Relations between the United States and Latin America did not improve. D.Tensions increased between the United ...
Monday, March 4, 2013 at 11:04pm
Check my translations please! 1. Aeneas was ordering the men to run. Aeneas viros currere iubebat. 2. The pretty queen persuades the Trojan to stay. Regina pulchra Troianum manēre persuadet. 3. A tyrant is not able to give freedom to the people. Tyranni populo liberitatem...
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 1:33pm
Latin America and North America 1. The _______ were responsible for the forced migration of more people from Africa than any other colonial power. A. Portuguese B. Dutch C. Spanish D. British 2. Regarding tropical rainforests, the term evapotranspiration refers to the fact ...
Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 7:44pm
World history; Check:P
1.What was the significance of the Twelve Tables? The Twelve Tables were significant because they were an early example of written law displayed publicly for all who could read them. They were later used as the laws for Rome. "The Twelve Tables established the idea that ...
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 4:03pm
World history; Check:P
What is the significance of the twelve tablets The Twelve TABLES were significant because they were an early example of written law displayed publicly for all who could read them, another example being Hammurabi's Code What measures did the government take to distract and ...
Monday, February 11, 2013 at 7:00pm
26.The oil industry in Mexico is owned by the People or GOvernment Government 27.Many production companies have built facilities in Latin America because of Cheap labor or no taxes no taxes? 28.Who was the first president in 70 years that was not a member of the Institutional ...
Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 10:36pm
14.What did Hernan Cortes do for Spain in 1521? Conquered the Aztec or Fought the Inca Conquered the Aztec? 15.Which country borders both the Pacific Ocean and Caribbean Sea? Cuba or Panama Panama? 16. People that live in the Amazon Rainforest may lose their homes because of ...
Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 9:36pm
1. Rivers that flow into larger bodies of water are called Tributaries or creeks Tributaries 2.Most of Latin America lies within a climate region called the Dry Zone or Tropical Zone Tropical Zone 3.The weather phenomenon El Nino is caused by Earthquakes or Ocean Currents ...
Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 7:25pm