Which of the following details from Harriet Tubman best supports the inference that Tubman had religious beliefs? She is known by the code Moses among the escaping slaves. She signals her arrival to the escaping slaves with a forbidden song. She takes ...
Tuesday, October 6, 2015 by anonymous
Please check my answers 1.Which best describes the effect of European settlers on the culture of Native Americans in Louisiana? A) The Native Americans were left to prosper on their tribal homelands. B) The Native Americans turned increasingly from hunting and agriculture to ...
Thursday, October 1, 2015 by Jessica
With respect to the Holocaust, recent scholarship has revealed that A. a majority of Germans were indifferent to the plight of the jews. b. German soldiers in Eastern Europe generally opposed the anti-Semitic program. c. Resistance to the Holocaust sparked attempts to ...
Sunday, September 20, 2015 by Bernard
At a school with 100 students, 35 take French, 32 take German, and 30 take Spanish. Twenty students take only French, 20 take only German, and 14 take only Spanish. In addition, 7 students are taking both French and German, some of whom also take Spanish. How many students are...
Saturday, September 19, 2015 by Spencer
In Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, Franko, along with other totalitarian regimes what actions/situations did each of them practise do which relates to any forms propaganda, direct control of citizens, economic control, and implementation of fear? Could you please provide web links ...
Saturday, May 30, 2015 by Beth
Same post, another question :) If propaganda is analogous to soma(body para 1), then what should I establish for the two other examples in my essay? Would the total control of the citizens' genetic, economic, social, and sexual freedoms be analogous to denial of ...
Friday, May 29, 2015 by Beth
Youre the manager of global opportunities for a U.S. manufacturer, who is considering expanding sales into Europe. Your market research has identified three potential market opportunities: England, France, and Germany. If you enter the English market, you have a 0.5 ...
Wednesday, May 20, 2015 by Jutee
All of the following help to explain Americans' reluctance to support U.S. involvement in World War II, except: a. Many Americans believed that U.S. involvement in World War I had been a mistake. b. To most Americans, the threat arising from Japanese and German aggression ...
Friday, May 15, 2015 by TayB
Which best describes Hitler's beliefs as expressed in Mein Kampf? Revolution was needed to create a classless society. Germany could control the world with the help of the Japanese. All races could live peacefully under German domination. Jewish people were to blame for ...
Wednesday, May 13, 2015 by Sara
World Geo, Help pls
3. According to Aborigine spiritual beliefs, the Earth is (1 point) a place of unending suffering and pain. a source of wealth to conquer in the name of one's ancestors. an ancient gift of the gods. a place where humans were banished from the gods. 4. All of the following ...
Monday, April 27, 2015 by mia
SS help plz
Why did German ships begin to attack us ships in 1941 before the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor? a. Germany wanted to weaken the United States b. Germany declared war on the United States c. The U.S disagreed with Nazi expansion and values d. The U.S supplied war materials to...
Thursday, April 16, 2015 by basketball&batman
As a result of the Industrial Revolution, British and French financiers built up enormous reserves of capital. Seeking to earn high rates of return on their investments, they helped to finance all of the following except: (choose one) a. The Suez Canal in Egypt, which ...
Monday, April 13, 2015 by Sarah
social studies 8th
1. What was the cause of American leaders initial refusal to enter World War I? (1 point) They wanted to maintain the countrys isolationist policy.*** They were not certain the country had the resources to fight. The United States did not wish to side with the ...
Sunday, April 12, 2015 by XenaGonzalez
Drawing: girl in a southern German folk costume it's the first picture in Google search. How did the designer of the German folk dress use the principles of art? A. The designer repeats colors throughout the apron to create unity. B. The designer uses different colors to ...
Tuesday, April 7, 2015 by Kanani
2. Why did the United States enter World War I? (Choose all that apply.) (2 points) U.S. leaders wanted German territory. U.S. leaders wanted to aid German efforts in the war. U.S. leaders believed Germany had violated international law. The U.S. economy depended on ...
Monday, April 6, 2015 by Linda
This painting is called "Girl in a Southern German Folk Costume" 1. How did the designers of this German folk dress use the principles of art? A. The designer repeats colors throughout the apron to create unity B. The designer uses different colors to create ...
Friday, April 3, 2015 by Anonymous
1) Why did the five powers directing the Concert of Europe from 1815-1823 believe they had a common interest in suppressing revolutionary activity across Europe? (Choose one) a. While differing in their constitutional make-up, all five agreed that radical ...
Saturday, March 28, 2015 by Sarah
american Literature check answers
What does the "owl-eyed" man discover about Gatsby? He notices that the books in Gatsby's library have not been read. This leads him to believe that Gatsby might be a phony. He discovers documents that reveal that Gatsby is a German spy. He watches the way ...
Wednesday, March 25, 2015 by jimm
History Check Please
1. Annie Webb Blanton accomplished all of the following EXCEPT (1 point) found Delta Kappa Gamma. serve as a professor at the University of Texas in Austin. become Texas Secretary of State. serve two terms as superintendent of public instruction. 2. Texas women helped the war ...
Saturday, March 21, 2015 by SmartyPants
Put the events in chronological order: (Points : 5) Potential Matches: 1 : FIRST 2 : FOURTH 3 : SECOND 4 : THIRD 5 : FIFTH Answer : Anne receives her diary on her 13th birthday. : Margot gets a call up to report to a German concentration camp. : The Frank family go into hiding...
Thursday, March 12, 2015 by kingtut
1. Which is the best paraphrase of these lines from "New World"? eagles / hie and / hover / above / the plain a)Eagles hurry and hang above the flatland.*** b)Eagles hang in midair and wave their wings. c)Eagles race and rush in an ugly way. d)Eagles soar and swoop ...
Wednesday, February 25, 2015 by Bella
Which was a final action leading to U.S. participation in World War I? A. the bombing of Hawaii B. the addition of Mexico to the Allies C. unrestricted German attacks on submarines D.requests for support from England and France
Monday, February 23, 2015 by Iggy
L.A. Check answers please
1. Which is the best paraphrase of these lines from "New World"? eagles / hie and / hover / above / the plain a)Eagles hurry and hang above the flatland. <---This one! b)Eagles hang in midair and wave their wings. c)Eagles race and rush in an ugly way. d)Eagles ...
Thursday, February 19, 2015 by kendra
Where is the erie canal located? A- New york B- New Jersey C-Maryland D- Maine Cities grew along railroads and canals because A- the government designed the cities B- workers could not live anywhere else C- settlers could obtain cheap land nearby D- there were not enough roads...
Sunday, February 8, 2015 by Katie
In which situation are you most likely to use the word tongue. A. Translating a book from German to English. B. Writing an ad for a new business. C. Carrying some groceries into your home. D. Driving in a car to the store. Is the answer A? Thank you
Wednesday, February 4, 2015 by Callie
In which situation are you most likely to use the word tongue? a translating a book from German to English b writing an ad for a new business c carrying some groceries into your home d driving in a car to the store I say A
Tuesday, February 3, 2015 by BUBBLES
What is the warrant in this article? BOULDER, Colo. JUST after Christmas, Veronica Rutledge of Blackfoot, Idaho, took her 2-year-old son to a Walmart store to spend holiday gift cards. As they strolled by the electronics section, according to news reports, the toddler ...
Wednesday, January 21, 2015 by Anonymous
What is the claim, warrant, and grounds in this article? Smart Guns Save Lives. So Where Are They? BOULDER, Colo. JUST after Christmas, Veronica Rutledge of Blackfoot, Idaho, took her 2-year-old son to a Walmart store to spend holiday gift cards. As they strolled by the...
Wednesday, January 21, 2015 by Anonymous
"The general opinion was that we were going to remain in the ghetto until the end of the war, until the arrival of the Red Army. The everything would be as before. It was neither German nor Jew who ruled the ghetto-- it was illusion." The passage contains ____ and ...
Wednesday, January 7, 2015 by Amara
Word bank : Lexington and Concord, Saratoga, Yorktown Treaty of Paris 1783, John Paul Jones, Benedict Arnold, Valley Forge, hessians, Boycott, embargo 1. ends American Revolution establishes borders of US Treaty of Paris 2.German mercenaries who fought against colonies in ...
Saturday, December 13, 2014 by M
English Check!! The Cay
The Cay Which of the following details from the exposition will most likely connect to the larger plot of the story? A)the german submarines are described as silent hungry sharks B)Phillips fathers name is also Phillip C) The Germans sink the Empire Tern as it leaves Curacao...
Wednesday, December 10, 2014 by Michael
World History (Ms. Sue)
Do you agree with that which I have written in response to the topic that I was given? Explain how the Russian Revolution and the entry of the United States affected the course and outcome of World War I. That which I written: In 1917, the Russian Revolution played a key role ...
Monday, November 17, 2014 by Victoria
World History Answer Check (Ms. Sue)
1. How did the Schlieffen Plan contribute to he outbreak of World War I? A: The Schlieffen Plan contributed to the outbreak of World War I as it called for a two-front war with France as Russia. According to this plan, Germanh would conduct a small holding against Russia while...
Tuesday, November 11, 2014 by Victoria
7th grade LA
Can you check the following? 1. I didn't know what time it was so I was very late to class indep = I didn't know what time it was indep = I was very late to class Ans: compound 2. I'll help you if you help me. indep = I'll help you dep = if you help me Ans: ...
Wednesday, October 15, 2014 by Alexis
World History Answer Check
1. What events led to German unification? A: The three wars planned by the Prussian prime minister, Otto von Bismarck, led to German unity. 2. How was Great Britian able to avoid a revolution in 1848? A: Great Britian was able to avoid a revolution by giving Parliament a vote ...
Tuesday, October 14, 2014 by Victoria
World History Answer Check (Ms. Sue)
1. Explain the goals of European leaders at the Congress of Vienna. A: The European leaders at the Congress of Vienna strived to restore the old order. In other words, their goal was to maintain "the stability of political institutions against the disorganized excitement ...
Tuesday, October 7, 2014 by Victoria
1) Which of the following is a valid reason why a scientist might reject a scientific theory? (1point) Some people disagree with it. It covers too broad a topic. New evidence contradicts it.*** It is too old. 2) A scientific hypothesis must be (1point) Correct Able to be ...
Wednesday, October 1, 2014 by SkatingDJ
Hello, I require help with my German Next week I'll be starting taking additional lessons to help me with my coursework, but for now, I would be immensly grateful for your help. I've managed to do most of my tasks by myself, however there are some that are just too ...
Monday, September 29, 2014 by Natalie
The Pennsylvania Dutch (Deutsch) were A. Dutch settlers in Pennsylvania B. Pennsylvania settlers in Holland C. Catholics who moved from Holland to Pennsylvania D.wiped out by religious persecution E.a mixture of German Lutherans, Mennonites, Moravians, etc. I think...
Tuesday, September 16, 2014 by Anonymous
4. The Puritans viewed themselves as creating A. an ideal Christian community to be copied by others B. a prestigious university for training ministers C. an English colony identical to the lifestyle in England D. a haven for persecuted religious minorities I think its A? The ...
Monday, September 15, 2014 by Anonymous
If you were one of the new immigrants who arrived in America in the 1880s, it's most likely that you would have been A. German and Lutheran. B. Italian and Catholic. C. Swedish and Protestant. D. Irish and Protestant. I AM BETWEEN A and D can you please help me ?
Thursday, August 28, 2014 by SANDY
For this assignment, you will be required to complete a critical essay about 3 different works of art from the same period and style. Selected works of art must be chosen from the 1600s to the present (Baroque period through the Postmodern period). The goals of a critical ...
Saturday, August 23, 2014 by Trine
For questions 1719, refer to the passage below: Albert Einstein, a world-famous mathematician was born in Bavaria in 1879. He acquired Swiss nationality in 1901 and he began working at the Swiss patent office the next year. Einstein was however also publishing papers in ...
Tuesday, June 10, 2014 by dfca
Between 50 and 80 people are hired on a ship. 75% speak English only and 25% speak German only. What is the mean number of people that speak English only? Can this even be calculated?
Tuesday, June 3, 2014 by Pete
Country A has always focused on producing cotton. Country B is a producer of coffee, grain, and textiles. Based only on this information, which statement is true about these two countries? (1 point) Country A exports more than Country B. Country A has a more diversified ...
Monday, June 2, 2014 by Annonymous
language help !
On February 12 1908 a difficult automobile race was in progress. Six cars left New York for Paris in a route that included the United States, Japan, Russia, Poland, Germany and part of France Met by blizzards and other dangers the racers nevertheless kept on. The German entry ...
Tuesday, May 20, 2014 by kelsey
1. In 1789, the National Assembly revoked the privileges of the aristocracy. This occurred in reaction to A. a peasant uprising. B. Louis XVI's withdrawal of troops from Paris. C. discontent among the poor people of Paris. D. the storming of the Bastille 2. What was ...
Friday, April 11, 2014 by Rebecca
Language arts help!!
16, read the play excerpt below and answer the questions that follow. Jaws of the Water ACT TWO At rise we see DAD, TINA, and MARK rushing in and out of the living room. Each enters carrying important itemssuch as sleeping bags, rain gear, and gallons of water...
Thursday, March 20, 2014 by josh
help ms sue lang arts
For Questions 16, read the play excerpt below and answer the questions that follow. Jaws of the Water ACT TWO At rise we see DAD, TINA, and MARK rushing in and out of the living room. Each enters carrying important itemssuch as sleeping bags, rain gear, and ...
Monday, March 17, 2014 by josh
TRUE OR FALSE (The First World War) 1. Until 1915, most Americans thought of the war as a European conflict that would have little effect in the United States. 2. Big Berthas were massive ships used to transport German troops. 3. The Treaty of Versailles demanded that Russia ...
Tuesday, March 11, 2014 by Anonymous
German Help Please....
I posted this earlier but the person who responded didn't speak fluent German - this is my first year can someone please check these and help me..... Choose the best answer. 1.) We like to eat. A.) Wir essen lieber. B.) Wir essen gern.******** C.) Wir essen am liebsten. D...
Tuesday, February 25, 2014 by Cassie
Ms.Sue: German- will you pass this onto the German
Choose the best answer. 1.) We like to eat. A.) Wir essen lieber. B.) Wir essen gern.******** C.) Wir essen am liebsten. D.) Wir essen besser. 2.) They prefer the movie. A.) Sie haben den Film lieber. B.) Sie hat den Film lieber.********* C.) Sie haben das Kino gern. D.) Sie m...
Monday, February 24, 2014 by Cassie
If you were one of the new immigrants who arrived in America in the 1880s, it's most likely that you would have been A. Italian and Catholic. B. Irish and Protestant. C. German and Lutheran. D. Swedish and Protestant. I think it's b.
Thursday, February 20, 2014 by Jessica
1. The sections of the Transcontinental Railroad join in (5 points) California. Nebraska. Kansas. Utah. 2. Improvements in transportation led to (5 points) lower shipping costs for goods. fewer settlers moving westward. increased ...
Thursday, February 13, 2014 by Christian Brown
German help - Reiny
#3 was supposed to be.... Mutters und Vaters Kinder sind A. meine Cousins B. mein Geschwister C. meine Schüler. D. meine Geschwister.***** This is the one I typed wrong last night - sorry about that...not sure on this one but I chose D....? Thanks for your help
Thursday, February 13, 2014 by Cassie
German Help please
1.Mutters Sohn ist A. meine Mutter. B. mein Bruder.***** C. meine Schwester. D. meine Bruder. 2.Vaters Vater ist A. mein Großvater.***** B. meine Großmutter. C. mein Vater. D. mein Großvater. 3. Mutter und Vater sind A. meine Cousins. B. mein Geschwister. C. ...
Wednesday, February 12, 2014 by Cassie
Ms. Sue - German Help
Ms. Sue if I post a few questions that I need checked for German can you turn them over to a German tutor like you used to do for Spanish?? Thank you in advance...
Wednesday, February 12, 2014 by Cassie
language arts, plays
On October 1, 1956, The Diary of Anne Frank opened simultaneously in seven cities in Germany. At the end of the play, the audience sat silently without applauding. Not long after the plays opening, Germans began openly expressing remorse for the Holocaust. This was an ...
Thursday, January 30, 2014 by Maria
1. All of the following were factors favoring British industrialization, except A. increased agricultural production. B. rising urbanization and higher wages. C. a decline in domestic demand for manufactured goods. D. immediate or canal access to ocean ports. 2. Under the ...
Wednesday, January 15, 2014 by TORI
1. The Aryans: A. were an Indo European people who spoke the German language. B. crushed Mohenjo Daro when the Harappan Civilization was at its peak. C. never controlled any of the Deccan Plateau. D. were led by tribal chieftains who were called rajas. is it A 2. Chandragupta ...
Monday, January 13, 2014 by Amy
6. The only country in Southeast Asia to maintain its independence was A. Cambodia. B. Siam. C. Vietnam. D. Java. 7. While imprisoned, Hitler wrote Mein Kampf. In this work, he laid out his views on all the following, except A. an alliance with Italy. B. Germany's need ...
Thursday, January 9, 2014 by Anonymous
Can someone please help me? Thanks! I'm really behind and i need to get caught up and i just really need some help! Thanks!! :) 1. As a result of the French and Indian War, _____ claimed all land west of the Mississippi River, and _____ gained control of all land east of ...
Wednesday, December 18, 2013 by Mandy
Dog show competitors Dog Breed. Number of Dogs Poodle. 35 German shepherd. 10 Beagle 15 Retriever. 20 Terrier. 45 1/ How many pictures did you draw for poodles?Why? 2/ Last year, there were twice as many beagles in the dog show . How would you show that number on the ...
Tuesday, December 17, 2013 by Joi
When a modal is used with another verb, where is the other verb placed in the sentence? at the beginning directly after the modal at the end directly after the subject
Wednesday, November 27, 2013 by orpheus
Choose the correct word order for the multiple verbs. "You have to go to school today." (familiar) Musst du heute in die Schule gehen. Du musst gehen in die Schule heute. Du musst heute in die Schule gehen. Du gehst heute in die Schule müssen. I'm thinking ...
Monday, November 4, 2013 by sinclair
correct these paragraphs Most Americans take the humble hamburger for granted. In actuality, it has a long and interesting history. The burger originated in Russia during the Middle Ages. When a group of Mongolian Tartars shredded some raw meat scraps and ate them. Later they ...
Monday, October 28, 2013 by abdul
can someone help take out the fragments Most Americans take the humble hamburger for granted. In actuality, it has a long and interesting history. The burger originated in Russia during the Middle Ages. When a group of Mongolian Tartars shredded some raw meat scraps and ate ...
Monday, October 28, 2013 by abdul
Will you please check my answers? 1. Which of the following is an example of new economic divisions in the European peasantry that began to occur during the fifteenth century? A. Peasants throughout Europe became poorer. B. Peasants living in the Balkans became freer. C. ...
Monday, October 21, 2013 by Abby
A researcher designs an experiment to determine if German Shepherds prefer pet doors that opens from the side or from the top. He installs two pet doors side-by-side in the same wall. The pet door that opens from the top is designed for pets up to 15 pounds. The one that opens...
Thursday, October 10, 2013 by me
my answer has ( ) around it With respect to the eighteenth century, the concept of the "middle ground" is helpful in A. understanding the attitudes of Indians living between the Appalachians and the Mississippi. B. explaining the attitudes and preferences of the ...
Tuesday, July 16, 2013 by carolyn
Can you please have a look at these questions I need to prepare for tomorrow? 1) Outline briefly the main features of English Romanticism. 2) Give a definition of primary and secondary imagination as given by Coleridge in his Treaty of Philosophy. 3) Which characteristics of ...
Thursday, June 27, 2013 by John
1. Hitler became the leader of Germany when? A. his army staged a coup d'etat against the government B. the German people elected him president C. his party won a majority in the Reichstag D. the president of the Weimar Republic appointed him chancellor I said D. 2. The ...
Friday, May 24, 2013 by Eri
Grammar (Writeacher)( or Ms. Sue)
For each of the following sentences, choose the correct verb in parentheses, and write it on your paper. 1. Many of the ships that crossed the Atlantic Ocean during World War II (was, were) filled with supplies. 2. Most of the vessels (was, were) carrying vital supplies from ...
Monday, May 20, 2013 by Anonymous
Wir auf einer Reise. Am Sonntag, wir fliegen. Am Montag, wir Fotos machen. Am Dienstag, wir Reise(n?) nach Frankfurt. Am Mittwoch, wir Frankfurt kennenlernen. Am Donnerstag wir packen. Am Freitag, wir fliegen nach Amerika. does this look good? i wrote it all myself and would ...
Friday, May 17, 2013 by bubbie
1. The purpose of American and European imperialism in the Pacific was mainly to gain. A. markets fro manufactured products B. coaling stations and naval bases C. sources of raw materials D. places for surplus population I said C. 2. The development of antiseptics during the ...
Friday, May 17, 2013 by Eri
Hey, can naybody please look wheter I wirte it all right? Thanks :) Negative Concord - Means that there must be more then one negative word in a sentences - Can be find in some languages like French, Spanish or Russian -> French: Je na vais nulle part. Im not going ...
Wednesday, May 15, 2013 by Minnie
Decide if the following sentence is grammatically CORRECT or INCORRECT. Die Wellen haben sehr gross geworden. correct incorrect i feel like this is correct. i also feel like it could be written differently but i don't know if both ways are correct, or only one. thanks for ...
Monday, May 13, 2013 by bubbie
Hey, as you know I'm German, but I love this clappping game (Hanky Panky). Down by the banks of the Hanky Panky Where the bullfrogs jump from bank to banky Where the eeps, ops, sodapops Hey Mr. Lilypad and went kerplop Is there any meaning? I am not able to translate it..
Monday, May 13, 2013 by Minnie