Branches of Foreign Languages
Recent Foreign Language Questions
what are the: -similarities -differences -conflicts and reasons between the following communities: -ethnic minority & ethnic majority -religion and school -(one of your own) here is a different one that I did as an example. I just need help on the above. example -family and ...
Sunday, November 3, 2013 at 12:04pm
What was the connection between type of economy and support of the Constitution? 1 Merchants with foreign trade partners typically opposed the Constitution, while property holders supported strong national powers at the federal level. 2Semisubsistence farmers in rural areas ...
Saturday, November 2, 2013 at 1:31am
1. What type of car is more popular among college students, American or foreign? One hundred fifty-nine college students were randomly sampled and each was asked which type of car he or she prefers. A computer package was used to generate the printout below for the proportion ...
Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 4:45pm
If the end mark is correct,write correct.if it is not correct,write the sentence with the correct end mark. 1/what should I draw! The answer:not correct,,What should I draw? 2/think of something funny? The answer:not correct,,,Think of something funny. 3/help,this is harder ...
Sunday, October 27, 2013 at 11:22am
Write the complete subject in each sentence. 1/The sound of the piano mixes with the sound of the voices. 2/Beautiful music floats on the evening air. 3/Their next-door neighbors hear the music. 4/mrs. Ruiz listens from her window. 5/The tired woman falls asleep listening. ...
Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 3:20pm
Think of some examples of how you change the following elements of a conversation in a formal situation. Vocabulary Pronunciation Abbreviated words Idioms Also give two examples of different situations that require you to use the formal language.
Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 12:03pm
Identify the italicized word or words in each sentence Simon preferred LISTENING TO MUSIC as he did his homework a) infinitive phrase b) gerund phrase c) infinitive phrase d) prepositional phrase
Friday, October 25, 2013 at 12:32am
a synopsis of a novel focuses on a) the main points of the story b) the point of view of the story c) the setting of the story d) the primary conflict in the story
Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 8:34pm
a costumer who has come to the store to browse will most likely a) rush through the aisles b) stroll to see what is new and interesting c) buy the one item he/she came looking for d) avoid any of the items on clearance
Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 8:30pm
Select the word or words that the italicized phrase modifies or describes. 1. Eco-tourism encourages visitors to get involved with local projects, such as CLEARING TRAILS, BUILDING SCHOOLS , AND PROTECTING WILDLIFE a) ecotourism b) victors c) local d) rojects
Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 6:08pm
Select the word or words that the italicized phrase modifies or describes. 1. A growing of tourists are pursuing the idea of ecotourism, TRAVELING DESIGNED TO SUPPORT AND RESPECT THE ENVIRONMENT. a) number b) tourists c) idea d) ecotourism
Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 6:04pm
Which of the following statements about the Platt Amendment is true? A - It guaranteed that Cuba would be independent by 1915. B - It prevented the United States from intervening in Cuban foreign affairs. C - It essentially made Cuba a U.S. protectorate. D - It opened up ...
Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 12:58pm
How did American debates about foreign policy in the 1790s reflect the beliefs of the political parties? i think it tells poltical parties what to change ,but i need more info.
Tuesday, October 22, 2013 at 7:23pm
Hello. I will be very grateful for your help. 1)Do you think it's possible to say: "at the end of the 19th - the beginning of the 20th centuries (maybe,century?)" or do I have to use the word "century" twice? 2)Do you think the sentence sounds OK: "...
Saturday, October 19, 2013 at 10:49am
english language arts 2
Identify the comma rule that the following sentence breaks: Although she loved her parents Sarah was eager to leave for college and be independent.
Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 6:36pm
martin luther king speech "i have a dream"
the counterargument, rebuttal of counterargument, story telling(using personal experiences or the experiences of others in order to appeal to the emotions and/or logic of a targeted audience), appeals to morals or ethics(using language, imagery, personal or observational ...
Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 12:24pm
Psychology/ Ms Sue
Are my answers correct Ms Sue? 1. One of the characteristic features of school-age children is that they are more likely than younger children to try to conform to peer standards in such matters as clothing and language? True 2. School age children have a more elaborate ...
Saturday, October 12, 2013 at 4:41pm
Which culture carried the knowledge of iron tools across Southern Africa? A. Nubians B. Arabs C. Bantu D. Europeans C Which group of foreign traders first became involved in Eastern Africa's slave trade? A. Arabs B. British C. Dutch D. Portuguese D
Friday, October 11, 2013 at 2:22pm
Geography (Ms. Sue)
1). What are two important unifying forces in Central Asia? A: Two significant unifying forces in Central Asia are language and religion, such as Islam. 2). What former Soviet republics are located west of Russia? A: Belarus, Moldova, Ukraine and the Baltic Republics, Latvia, ...
Friday, October 11, 2013 at 1:19pm
Geography (Ms. Sue)
1). How can the geographic definition of a body of water affect economic relationships? A: The geographic definition of a body of water can affect economic relationships as it can cause allied countries to try to better only themselves. For example, if the Caspian is a sea, ...
Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 6:13pm
2) Which of the following sentences is punctuated correctly? (1point) Since Maria is away in Spain, Mom said I may have her ticket to the concert.*** Since Maria is away in Spain, Mom said, I may have her ticket to the concert. Since, Maria is away in Spain Mom said I may have...
Thursday, October 10, 2013 at 2:19pm
2) Read the following passage from Icarus and Daedalus: He fell like a leaf tossed down the wind, down, down, with one cry that overtook Daedalus far away. When he returned, and sought high and low for the poor boy, he saw nothing but the bird-like feathers afloat ...
Wednesday, October 9, 2013 at 7:21pm
1) What are the three types of conflict? (1point) Man against man, man against beast, man against himself Man against man, man against himself, external Man against man, man against himself, internal Man against man, man against nature, man against himself*** 2) Read the ...
Saturday, October 5, 2013 at 5:33pm
Geography (Ms. Sue)
1). How do language and religion reflect the cultural division in Western Europe? A: Language and religion reflect the cultural division in Western Europe as each portion of Western Europe contains cultures in which possesses its own languages and religions? 2). Which Western ...
Friday, October 4, 2013 at 8:48pm
1) What is the best way to make predictions about a text?(1point) Guess what will happen in the story before you begin reading it.*** Pay attention to the details in a story and use what you already know. Read the last few pages of a story before starting at the beginning. 2) ...
Friday, October 4, 2013 at 5:14pm
U.S. Government and Politics
My question :) What level of government do you think should be in charge of security from foreign enemies? Write a paragraph explaining why this level of government is most appropriate. My answer is federal government do you agree??
Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 11:46am
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!! <3 1. Which of the following describes the role of an anthropologist? (1 point) a person who studies the origin and development of humans*** a person who searches for artifacts from prehistoric people a person who excavates remains from early ...
Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at 2:39pm
Language arts help please
1. Identify the adjectives in the followig sentence. You can choose more than one answer. After a rainfall, bugs, slugs, and all sorts of multilegged critters would descend from the ceilings and fall on the kitchen table, or worse, on our bunks. Rainfall Sorts Multilegged ...
Monday, September 30, 2013 at 7:46pm
Some friends from my class went to museums ballet exhibit. which of the following is an adjectival phrase? a) went to the museum ballet exhibit b) the museums ballet exhibit c) from my dance class d) some friends
Monday, September 30, 2013 at 5:24pm
What type of context clue is provided for the italicized word in the sentence below? when you are PRONE to something, you are likely to act or be a certain way. a) direct definition b) visual clue c) explanatory word or phrase d) antonym
Monday, September 30, 2013 at 4:57pm
1) From what elements of a story can you make inferences? (1point) Characters Setting Theme All of the above*** 2) Read the following stanza from Paul Reveres Ride to answer 3 and 4. It was two by the village clock, When he came to the bridge in Concord town...
Monday, September 30, 2013 at 2:58pm
Write a 200- to 350-word paper that describes the distinctions of data and information and briefly explains the process a computer uses to convert data into information. Consider the following: Computers use a completely different language than people, yet they ...
Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 3:12pm
Imagery is figurative language that evokes mental pictures, usually by appealing to our five senses. Imagine that you are standing on the beach in the picture. Write a paragraph of at least 5 complete sentences using imagery to describe your imagined experience. Use at least 3...
Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 11:50am
2) Which of the following phrases is not an adverbial phrase in the sentence below? For family fun, you can go on a treasure hunt in the United States. (1point) For family fun*** In the United States On a treasure hunt You can go 3) Which of the following words is an antonym ...
Friday, September 27, 2013 at 5:27pm
1) In traditional stories, a character who is completely good is usually the (1point) Antagonist Narrator Protagonist*** Round character 2) Which of the following phrases is not an adverbial phrase in the sentence below? For family fun, you can go on a treasure hunt in the ...
Friday, September 27, 2013 at 4:50pm
Essays, articles, and speeches are all works of nonfiction. Which of the following is an accurate statement about the authors of nonfiction? A. They are always real people. B. Their style is always full of figurative language. C. They usually focus on retelling historical ...
Friday, September 27, 2013 at 2:40pm
9. Read the following sentence: Brian, would you please take that binder to Mrs. Smith with the red cover? What is the best way to correct the misplaced modifier in the above sentence? (1 point) a. Brian, would you please take that binder with the red cover to Mrs. Smith? b....
Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 2:14pm
1) Which sentence describes setting? (1point) As much as it saddened her, the first thing Nan had to do was leave her beloved family home. Marcy wanted to go to dance, but Robs treatment of her that day gave her second thoughts. Steve was fairly short, with glasses and ...
Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 12:36pm
Special Education Setting Teachers Aide
children with a language or speech disorde are A)sometimes suffering from an aphasia.(my answer) B)always learing challenged. C)able to receive special help only after the third grade. D)unable to use communication boards. can someone please check if this is right please
Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 6:42am
Are these correct? I mark my answer with an X. 88. The reason to list all of the preliminary (non-procedural) information in a lesson plan is to be sure have considered each aspect. keep good records for your future needs. be able to communicate clearly with administrators, ...
Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 10:17pm
books "A Thankless Experience" Short Essay Help
This is the story: A Thankless Experience by Stephen Lautens. The story is on the internet. jiskha does not allow me to post the url The question is: Provide two examples of figurative language used by Lautens in his essay and describe the effect of each example. Please help ...
Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 9:24pm
1) Which of the following is not a type of folktale? (1point) Cautionary tale*** Mystery Legend Myth 2) Read the following sentence: Some friends from my dance class went to the museums ballet exhibit. Which of the following is an adjectival phrase? (1point) Went to the ...
Wednesday, September 25, 2013 at 6:48pm
which of the following describes feedback in an oven ? a) setting the temperature b) burning gas releases heat c) a thermostat monikers the temperature and increase the gas flow when the temperature falls too low d) a cake is baked
Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 3:54pm
1.which factor is most helpful in helping technology to progress? a) unintended consequences b) a better understanding of the natural world c) risk-benefit analysis d)obsolete technologies 2. an oven is a technological system. which of the following describes into this system...
Tuesday, September 24, 2013 at 3:51pm
A bedrock principle underlying the First Amendment is that the government may not prohibit the expression of an idea simply because society finds the idea itself possesses which of the following? A. Offensive, disagreeable B. Meaningful, acceptable C. Foreign, forbidden D. ...
Monday, September 23, 2013 at 2:57pm
Imagine that you are standing on the beach in the picture. Write a paragraph of at least 5 complete sentences using imagery to describe your imagined experience. Use at least 3 examples of language that appeals to your 5 senses: taste, touch, hearing, sight, and smell
Sunday, September 22, 2013 at 3:57pm
Language and Other Barriers
9. To be a teacher aide in an ESL classroom, you should A. have an ear for language. B. receive certification in ESL instruction, if possible. C. speak at least one other language besides English. D. have prior teacher aide experience in a âregularâ...
Friday, September 20, 2013 at 7:01am
People engage in trade mostly in order to _______ a. have access to a variety of goods (?) b. encourage specialization in the economy c. raise labor productivity at businesses d. set prices for goods and services most efficiently Which of these is a result of trade barriers? a...
Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 10:01am
Language Arts 6 Ms. Sue please
1. Which word is modified by the adjective in the sentence below? The drama production will start promptly at 8 o'clock. Start Promptly Production Drama 2. Which word is modified by the adjective in the sentence below? Not a single day goes by without me tellin my sister ...
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 6:49pm
Identify the prepositional phrase in the following sentences from the passage. 1) Uncle Sol was impressed. Very smot, he said. Very nice. But, Esther, now tell me something. How come you got a football in your frutt boll? (1point) Fot a football In your...
Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 10:19pm
1) Which of the following is an example of subjunctive verb mood? Going outside in your bare feet could make you cold. Will you go away? If I make the baseball team, I will skip around the field.*** The bread was old and crusty. 2) Which of the following is an example of ...
Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at 5:52pm
Identify the preposition in the following passage:"Actually, it was just some pungent daikon(long white radish), sent by a friend who knew Papa loved eating it with rice and hot tea." just and by by and with*** some and who actually and with Am I correct or wrong???
Friday, September 13, 2013 at 1:54pm
english grade 12
i'm to make an note making frame work which includes main idea and examples or supporting ideas or key words. the video is naming canada. Main Idea: Discovering our nation Canada 1. Native language Kanata was translated as our nation country name. 2. The native invited ...
Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 11:30am
English(need help explain the meaning)
Do you think that there should be a cap to the monetary damages that are awarded in malpractice cases? What does this mean? what do you mean by cap to the monetary demages??? please help. I am foreign who need this sentence re explain to me in easier english. thank you
Thursday, September 12, 2013 at 1:00am
Choose the sentence that provides an accurate contrast-based context clue for the italicized word.(1point) He usually only treated people with cruelty, so I was surprised when he showed compassion for the crying child.*** I was tired of being reckless; I decided ...
Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 8:35pm
1)Prior knowledge is largely built upon our experiences. What experience could NOT help you fill out the sections on a job application?(1point) Answering questions on a math quiz*** Applying for a library card Interviewing a friend about her summer vacation Reading a help ...
Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 12:25pm
Identify the choice that best describes the underlined word in the sentence. My friend Jorge can play the guitar and sing. Guitar is underlined. A. Part of a compound subject B. Part of a compound predicate C. A direct object I think it is B...?
Wednesday, September 11, 2013 at 12:17pm
Urgent 8th Grade Language Arts
How is the word street used in the sentence below: Street cleaners can often be seen on our block in the very early morning. adjective*** adverb noun pronoun Am I right Ms.Sue?
Monday, September 9, 2013 at 12:46pm
english is not my firs language , i need help to correct this paragraph . please.(only answer ) question As the nurse being told this, what are your ethical and legal obligations regarding the medication error? Answer . My legal and ethical obligations would be to make her ...
Saturday, September 7, 2013 at 8:11pm
8th Grade Language Arts
Which of the sentences below contains an action verb? The rose for Staci's mother might be in the car. Staci smelled the rose.*** The rose is red. The rose smelled sweet. Am I correct?
Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 11:19am
VERY URGENT Language arts
First of all I dismembered the corpse. I cut off the head and the arms and the legs? What kind of context clues helps you determine the meaning of dismembered? Characteristics Contrasting words Examples Explanatory words and phrases*** Am I correct?
Wednesday, September 4, 2013 at 9:00pm
Urgent 8th Grade Language Arts
Choose I for each antecedent that is unclear or missing and C for each antecedent that is used correctly. Thanks so much for you help. 1. We can't go to the aquarium Monday because you need reservations. C 2. Many people have Monday off, so the aquarium will be busier than...
Wednesday, September 4, 2013 at 1:37pm
Urgent Language Arts
1) Which of the following sentences from "I know Why the Caged bird sings"contains context clues that help you understand the meaning of the word in italics? "Shame" made me want to hide my face.* She didn't " encourage" familiarity. The dress...
Tuesday, September 3, 2013 at 12:06pm
To rockrboiluvr14 - 8th grade language arts
Posted by rockrboiluvr14 on Saturday, August 31, 2013 at 11:29pm. Internal conflict occurs when a force within the character is against him/her. If someone is possessed by a ghost, would it be considered external or internal conflict. I still say external because it is not the...
Sunday, September 1, 2013 at 8:20am
#2 A spy stands on the sidewalk by an apartment building examining a foreign embassy across the street. The spy then climbs 30 m to the top the building and then slides 40 m along a wire at a 20° angle below right to reach a window on the embassy. What is their total ...
Thursday, August 29, 2013 at 2:36pm
Persuasive Writing Assignment: Imagine that you are an agent who is interested in publishing new authors. Choose any book you like and present the book to a publisher in New York. You want to be the person responsible for putting the book on the shelf. You should convince the ...
Wednesday, August 28, 2013 at 4:27pm
I need someone to review the following questions for my summer assignment and tell me if my answers are right or wrong. Please do it carefully, and the problems I found to be the most trickiest were #2 and #5. (This is is AP physics) #1 In a pickup football game, a receiver ...
Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 3:27pm
A spy stands on the sidewalk by an apartment building examining a foreign embassy across the street. The spy then climbs 30 m to the top the building and then slides 40 m along a wire at a 20° angle below right to reach a window on the embassy. What is their total ...
Monday, August 26, 2013 at 3:23pm