Recent Homework Questions About Writing
Which of the following is an example of indirect lobbying? A. testifying before Congress B. writing speeches and legislation C. grass-roots-led phone calls and e-mail D. contacting White House officials i think its c
Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 3:48am
You are a retired law enforcement officer who now teaches at a local community college in the criminal justice program. In addition to teaching ethics, you write crime novels on the side. You recently heard of a real-life case that you thought would make the basis for a good ...
Monday, July 23, 2012 at 8:19pm
I need a topic to Write a 150- to 200-word paragraph to explain how purpose, audience, tone, and content impact academic writing. Be sure to use the three components of a good paragraph covered in this weekâ??s readings. Underline the topic sentence and bold the ...
Sunday, July 22, 2012 at 7:39pm
Write a 150- to 200-word paragraph to explain how purpose, audience, tone, and content impact academic writing. Be sure to use the three components of a good paragraph covered in this weekâ??s readings. Underline the topic sentence and bold the concluding sentence in the...
Sunday, July 22, 2012 at 6:07pm
The specific subject of a piece of writing is known as a: A. topic B. subtopic C. supporting detail D. expository text I think it's C. I don't really know what B and D mean.
Sunday, July 22, 2012 at 11:45am
Are the following properly referenced in APA format? And if not please fix them accordingly. American Psychiatric Association(2000) Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of MentalDisorders DSM-IV-TR. Barkley R.A. (2006) Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: A Handbook for ...
Saturday, July 21, 2012 at 9:38pm
Identify a serious error you find challenging to overcome in your own writing. What method will you use to avoid this error? Would you recommend the method to others? Why or why not?
Wednesday, July 18, 2012 at 10:46am
Hi, I am writing an essay about "Disneyfication" of folktales, and I searched for quotes and resources but I didn't find any useful information. I really need help in finding quotes and resources about "Disneyfication" of folktales.
Wednesday, July 18, 2012 at 9:24am
Research and Writing
I am trying to write an internal memorandum and must analogize two cases first. I cannot get it straight in my head what the process it for making the analogy! HELP!!
Saturday, July 14, 2012 at 2:44pm
Harvard Referencing, help please!
Hey, I have here Clinical Protocols in front of me from one of the hospitals. I'm writing up an assignment and need to reference some parts of the protocol. The system that we use in college is Harvard Referencing system but I never referenced protocols before. Any tips? ...
Saturday, July 14, 2012 at 10:40am
Could someone double check my answers for me? Thank You! 2.) Right. George Bush won the election in 2000, didnt he? the use of quotation marks around Won has the effect of a a. Weaseler b. Dysphemism c. downplayer d. rhetorical ...
Friday, July 13, 2012 at 4:34pm
I'm writing a paper for humanities class. it has to be in APA annotated bibliography format. Here's the question: Discuss the relationship between art and religion among the various different cultures the course has touched upon. Consider such media as sculpture, ...
Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at 7:55pm
How would you explain the relationship between clear writing and critical thinking? Can you think of times when your ability to think critically was influenced by the writing? What was the result?
Sunday, July 8, 2012 at 8:20pm
during a group meeting when they are each eading a draft of their formal report, Madiha and Anne realize the soetimes they have used the word "there" corretly and soetime the word shoudl be "their". They use their word processor's "find" ...
Friday, July 6, 2012 at 10:27am
17. Which of the following sentences has a relative clause? A. Many young people are searching for jobs. B. The audience applauded the ambassador, who spoke for one-half hour. C. The bus stopped at the corner, but she forgot to get off. [D. Tony ate the pizza and then went to ...
Monday, July 2, 2012 at 8:30pm
19. In which of the following sentences do you find a verb phrase? A. June was a collector of memorabilia. [B. The crowed roared as the bull charged]. C. I shall be all that I am and more. D. I believed every word he said.
Monday, July 2, 2012 at 8:11pm
18. Which of the following groups of words is a sentence fragment? A. When we stopped by the garden. [B. Stop by the garden.] C. Stopping by the garden, we saw that the flowers were in bloom. End of exam D. We stopped; she didn't.
Monday, July 2, 2012 at 7:58pm
17. Which of the following sentences has a relative clause? [A. Many young people are searching for jobs.] B. The audience applauded the ambassador, who spoke for one-half hour. C. The bus stopped at the corner, but she forgot to get off. D. Tony ate the pizza and then went to...
Monday, July 2, 2012 at 7:37pm
16. What is the name of the common error in the following sentence? Having risen because of the rains, the hikers were unable to cross the river. A. Infinitive phrase B. Prepositional phrase [C. Dangling modifier] D. Run-on sentence
Monday, July 2, 2012 at 7:18pm
15. Which sentence contains both an adverb and a conjunction? A. Don't imagine you can't do as you wish. B. Lucille was a kind person, but she hated people who spread rumors. C. Do you want the shrimp or the crab? [D. Lawson crept silently up the stairs, but couldn'...
Monday, July 2, 2012 at 6:37pm
14. Which of the following is the best opening sentence for a business letter that you want to sound fairly informal? A. Your order of February 10 arrived in our office today. [B. This letter is to make you cognizant of our receipt of your order.] C. I am in receipt of your ...
Monday, July 2, 2012 at 6:30pm
12. Which sentence contains a prepositional phrase? A. They tried, although they didn't expect to win. [B. Running all the way, he got there early.] C. With the proper help, they'll complete the project early. D. They sang it, and sang it again.
Monday, July 2, 2012 at 5:56pm
11. Which of the following is correct in regard to the use of formal English? A. In formal business correspondence, it's best keep the language impersonal. [B. Formal English is used more frequently in speaking than in writing.] C. In formal English, we use words to say ...
Monday, July 2, 2012 at 5:51pm
An interjection is always A. preceded by preposition. B. followed by an exclamation point. [C. related to another word in the sentence.] D. intended to show feeling.
Monday, July 2, 2012 at 5:36pm
9. Which one of the following sentences contains two ideas joined by a connecting word? A. Mike ran after the bus. B. Tina arrived at work earlier than usual. [C. Sally lives with her parents, although she could afford her own apartment.] D. Frank went fishing on Saturday he ...
Monday, July 2, 2012 at 5:21pm
8. A clause from sentence (i) has been turned into a(n) _______ in sentence (ii). (i) Since she knew what the lecture was about, she didn't attend the meeting. (ii) Knowing what the lecture was about, she didn't attend the meeting. A. compound predicate B. infinitive C...
Monday, July 2, 2012 at 5:17pm
6. Which of these is a run-on sentence? A. You and I and the whole team will go. [B. I thought about what he'd said soon I realized he was right.] C. I went home and ate and ate. D. Before lunch, I played volleyball; after lunch I did again.
Monday, July 2, 2012 at 4:44pm
5. Which of the following is a complex sentence? A. I would like to visit the Kinshasa, but I understand the city is unsafe for foreigners. [B. As Jake was reading the letter from June yet again, the flight attendant coughed gently to get his attention.] C. Check out the ...
Monday, July 2, 2012 at 4:35pm
4. Which of the following best illustrates a pair of sentences that are joined by an understood relationship? A. I don't understand a word you said. Have you taken a course in English literature? B. Luke put three dollars into the office football pool. He was looking ...
Monday, July 2, 2012 at 4:08pm
3. Which of the following sentences has a compound predicate? A. She raced along the path to beat him to the beach. B. She placed the shells in a plastic bag while he dried himself off. [C. She washed the shells and dried them in the sun.] D. While he swam, she collected ...
Monday, July 2, 2012 at 4:03pm
Strength is defined as the amount of stress a material can withstand before fracturing. Therefore, the more strength a material has, the more durable it is. Thus, a toric lens should be constructed from a material with high strength. Every time I read this to myself, it sounds...
Thursday, June 28, 2012 at 10:08pm
MATH Algebra 116
is this correct? multiplying ans writing it my answer in standard form. (2*10^5)*(4*10^3) =8*10^8 =800000000 then my answer should be 8.0 I am correct?
Thursday, June 28, 2012 at 5:16pm
I go to an Islamic private school. can you please comment on my speech i don't care you can be as harsh as you want. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Can everyone please take out $5? You know I should get...
Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 9:38am
I have no idea how to even begin writing this out. I need help desperately. A student deposits $6,000 in a savings account with x% continuously compounded interest. How many years must he wait until the balance has doubled?
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at 12:30am
Quality Management Plan for followoing case: You are working for We Are Big, Inc., an international firm with over 100,000 employees located in several different countries. A strategic goal is to help improve the environment while increasing revenues and reducing costs. The ...
Saturday, June 23, 2012 at 9:07am
to ms.sue-writing prpject
plzzz check: for my birthday, i asked for an MP3 player, but instead, my parents got me a telescope. the telescope was old and rusty, so I put it aside. when i finished dinner, I took the telescope with me to my room. i dusted and cleaned the telescope so i could look through ...
Friday, June 22, 2012 at 1:45pm
to ms.sue-writing project part 1
Narrative Prompts (choose only one) Your aunt arrives with a huge box. You hear strange noises coming from the box. Write a story about whats inside. Although you asked for an MP3 player for you birthday, your parents gave you a telescope. But its not...
Friday, June 22, 2012 at 10:20am
I'm needing help editing a couple of paragraphs for a descriptive essay. These are the instructions I was given: --Mark up the paragraphs with specific observations and comments regarding general writing issues, but give specific comments related to qualities that are ...
Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 10:35pm
Jack was told the overall content of his paper was weak. What does this mean? A. The tone of his paper was not original B. He had to many grammatical errors C. The overall ideas in his essay were not fully developed D. The flow of his essay was inconsistent
Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 4:42pm
Catherine received a 70 on her essay because the vocabulary was basic and there was a lack if clear and active voice. Which of the following areas of her essay were weak? A. Organization B. Mechanics C. Content D. Style
Thursday, June 21, 2012 at 4:39pm
Traveling to Fukuoka About ten years ago, I went to Fukuoka, Japan. I went there by ship. In Fukuoka, I visited a bookstore. It was important to buy English books there at that time. I always feel great twhen I look at this picture. (Would you check this writing? Correct ...
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 at 9:03am
Please may you check my answers for a quote that says---> Knowledge speaks, Wisdom listens.<--- My answer to that quote is this ---> This quote indicates that people with knowledge will give aedvices to people, and people that listens to the individuals are wise to do...
Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 9:31pm
1. When people read at work, they-----. A. want to question your statements. B. WANT TO UNDERSTAND your point with as little effort as possible. C. WANT to read your carefully. D. Compare your writing with Lincoln's.
Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 8:42pm
when i do this: Please select one of the two narrative prompts and write a rough draft. On the first day of school you will turn in the rough draft and any graphic organizers that you used to create your draft. The rough draft will be taken through the remaining stages of the ...
Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 12:47pm
this is the 2012 project. the one i gave u was a 2010-2011 project Summer Science Poster Please select one of the four solar-energy-based topics listed below to research. Based on your research you are to create a poster that details what you learned. Please make a ...
Monday, June 18, 2012 at 4:44pm
Is Wind Power Green? I am writing a paper and I need to put together an outline of my final paper. I would just like to know if the following paragraph I have put together can serve as a thesis statement? "The idea that the world is reaching a possible peak in oil ...
Sunday, June 17, 2012 at 4:49pm
I'm writing an essay on Substance Abuse. Its an informative essay and I am having trouble coming up with a topic. Can you please give me some suggestions? I am leaning towards something to do with marijuana possibly...
Friday, June 15, 2012 at 12:28pm
Apology letter Please help me thanks in advance? Hotel manager is writing a letter to one his customer because there is no room available for him. He came to watch football match with his family now. hotel manager put him up in the motel and paid for that. Manager is offering ...
Friday, June 15, 2012 at 12:52am
I Need To Write a 1 1/2 page on a personal narrative about an incident in your life.Though it does not have to be entirely true, select a familiar topic that you are comfortable with. I need help on deciding what topic I want to write about, and also help on writing my essay. ...
Thursday, June 14, 2012 at 1:19am
i be having test soon in english and we be writing synthesis essay and narrative essay, i not know what synthesis mean, can you please give me examples of narrative essays online i know narrative be story telling type essay but examples be helpful for me to study.
Monday, June 11, 2012 at 9:59pm
harborview preschool is designing its program to include lots of activities that develop writing skills. which would not be used for this specific purpose ? 1 dot to dot pics 2 tracing 3 cutting 4 gluing help me
Monday, June 11, 2012 at 6:40pm
English 7 - "Dear Reader" Letter Check
Can you check my letter. It's a project for English. We are making our writing portfolios. I'm almost done I just have to do this. Dear Reader, This year I done some great improvement as a writer. I add great vocabulary in my pieces. When I'm reading, it improve my...
Thursday, June 7, 2012 at 10:16pm
English 125 Introduction to literature
What does the term literature mean to you? What makes something literary in your own mind? If literature means different things to different people, who defines what is and what is not literature? 2.What kind of reading engages/interests you? What about that writing draws you ...
Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 10:06am
After reading Holes by Louis Sachar, you will complete the book reporting bingo assignment. You will select any five boxes in a row from the board, in any direction across, down, or diagonally, to create a bingo. Each assignment must: Be neat Be complete Be ...
Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 9:00pm
A student is writing a multiple choice test consisting of 40 questions, each of which provides four possible choices. He is certain that he has 16 questions correct. If he guesses for all of the remaining 24 questions, what is the probability that he will pass the test?
Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 3:16pm
PHI 103 Informal Logic
I need major help with writing my final research paper. research paper are over whelming to me to information is need and its has to bee 6-8 i don't have that much to say.This is the topic "Is the death penalty just and applied fairly"?
Monday, June 4, 2012 at 11:42pm
I'm writing a paper about life as a sophomore in 2012 in the style of Charles Dickens ("It was the best of times, it was the worst of times") and I'm not sure if this sentence makes sense or is grammatically correct. Please help! It is a year of waiting; that...
Monday, June 4, 2012 at 4:30pm
I need help getting star using this information. 'create the necessary details for scenario thank for companys reliable support an explanaiton of the training need and any special topic to cover request for a trainer to teacher the seminar a
Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 11:48pm
can someone give me some example on how to begin writng this business letter on to a human resource dept on sexual harassment and unlawful dicrimination in the workplace. just to get started ?
Friday, June 1, 2012 at 2:44pm
In the following examples, state how you would use the principle of marginal analysis to make a decision. a. Deciding how many days to wait before doing your laundry b. deciding how much library research to do before writing your term paper c. Deciding how many bags of chips ...
Friday, June 1, 2012 at 9:52am
I'm writing a paragraph in my DBQ about how the North and South divided over the issue of slavery. The North and South were divided over the issue of slavery. that's all i got ... BUT document 4 explains the divide over slavery which is related to the task. in the ...
Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 9:28pm
Business English - WRiting to build goodwill
Can someone double check my answers? 1. Which way of askin for action carries the highest level of politeness? A. a polite order B. an indirect request c. a question d. an order answer is: c. a question 2. Which of the following statements most effectively applies you-attitude...
Thursday, May 31, 2012 at 10:19am
1. He is playing a game with his smart phone. 2. He is talking on the smart phone. 3. He is writing something on his smart phone. 4. Tom and Bill are talking with each other in the corner of the classroom. 5. He is drawing a cartoon. 6. He is reading a comic book. 7. He is ...
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 8:34pm
Pretend you are wandering around an old house with a group of friends while your parents are away. One of your friends finds a secret door. What is behind the door? Do you and your friends follow it? Where does it go?
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 7:25pm
I urgently need you to check these sentences. Thank you, Writeacher. By the way, have you found anything on Henrietta Lacks? 1) When his wife puts his arms around him and kisses him, he faints. He explains this by saying that he has not been used to be touched by such a ...
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 4:11pm
Now, let's check how well you can use the expressions you've learned. I will distribute handouts. You have to solve the problems. Are you finished? Then, I'll check the answers. Look at the answers on the blackboard. Check your answers. How many students have 10 ...
Sunday, May 27, 2012 at 9:36pm
You are writing to a reader who favors a different solution than the one you recommend. Which of the following is MOST likely to persuade the reader? A. Describe your reader's solution first, explain why it won't work, and then go on to describe your own solution. B. ...
Sunday, May 27, 2012 at 9:07pm
Here is my store for my writing assignment. Please tell me if it is good and the errors I made on it. I really need to pass this. It was a cold wintery day in Europe where I lived. I had a family of four. My mom, dad, and sister. My sister, Elizabeth, and I did everything ...
Saturday, May 26, 2012 at 8:13pm
I'm doing the writing skills writing assignment and I'm stuck. It says that you have to use "I" like write it from your point of view, and can't use factual information, so I was wandering if I wrote a story pretending I'm a person that was in the ...
Saturday, May 26, 2012 at 5:23pm
I need correct answers for all please !
1. Regarding management and leadership, which statement is most accurate? A. Leaders can be good managers, and good managers can be leaders. B. Leaders arent managers, and managers arent leaders. C. Leadership and management are entirely unrelated. D. Most ...
Thursday, May 24, 2012 at 11:53pm
1.The principal is $50,000. This is P. 2.Research the annual interest rate for your investment. This is r. 3.State the time in years for the investment (as in when the new grandchild will be attending college). This is t. 4.State the number of compounding periods per year. ...
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 at 4:40pm
1. The man is drawing cartoons on a drawing board. He has a pen on his right ear. What do you think he is doing? (Would you check this writing?) 2. The dogs are playing with balls. 3. Each dog is playing with a ball. 4. The dogs are playing with a ball. (Are the three ...
Tuesday, May 22, 2012 at 7:47pm
What is the gerund phrase and noun function of the gerund in these sentences: 1.Brett earns his income by repairing cars. 2.I enjoy playing the piano. 3.Her favorite pastime is entertaining friends. 4.She is successful in mimicking others' voices. 5.He must like studying ...
Tuesday, May 22, 2012 at 11:12am
I hope you can check these two long-winded sentences.Thank you 1) Pamela is writing to her family to tell her mum what happened to her, by accusing her master of hsi behaviour. 2) While they were in the summer house, Mr B kissed her but she had never talked about it to anybody...
Tuesday, May 22, 2012 at 10:42am
In describing a conquest between 1236 and 1241 led by Genghiz Khan's grandson, a Russian historian wrote, "No eye remained to weep for the dead."What was the historian writing about, And why did he describe it this way? A. The G olden Horses battle: Mongol ...
Monday, May 21, 2012 at 11:13pm