Branches of English
Recent English Questions
Prepared speech about this topic Traditional healer should be allowed to practise and prescribe medicine in hospital and clinic. I don't have any working because i hv never done any prepared speech and i don't understand this topic well.
Sunday, May 18, 2014 at 9:43am
They get the least precipitation in May and the most in December. They get the least precipition in May, and the most in December. Which sentence is correct and why?
Saturday, May 17, 2014 at 1:13pm
- Honey, what a smell? - The baby pooed. I have to change the diaper. I have only one pack of wet tissue. You have to buy wet tissue. - OK. I will buy wet tissue on the Internet. Check the condition of the diaper of the baby frequently so that he may not have a rash. - I know...
Saturday, May 17, 2014 at 6:48am
1. I prefer to go there by bus. 2. I prefer going there by bus. 3. I prefer going there to staying at home. 4. I prefer to go there to stay at home. 5. I prefer to go there rather than to stay at home. 6. I prefer to go there rather than stay at home. 7. I prefer going there ...
Saturday, May 17, 2014 at 6:16am
1. Do you love singing as well? 2. Don't you love singing as well? 3. Do you love singing, too? 4. Don't you love singing, either? ------------------ Which one is ungrammatical? Can 'as well' be used in a negative sentence?
Saturday, May 17, 2014 at 6:10am
1. He looks happy. 2. He looks happily. 3. He is looking out happily. 4. He is looking at the picture happily. ------------------- All are correct except #2? Right?
Saturday, May 17, 2014 at 6:06am
1. He ordered fried chicken last night. 2. He ordered a fried chicken last night. 3. He ordered two fried chickens last night. --------------------- Which one is grammatical? When we order fried chicken a lot, what expressions can we use?
Saturday, May 17, 2014 at 4:25am
1. I love Tom who lives there. 2. I love Tom, who lives there. Which sentence is grammatical? Are both OK? ------------------ 3. This is the place where he was born. 4. This is the place he was born. #3 is grammatical. What about #4? In Sentence 4, 'where' is missing. ...
Friday, May 16, 2014 at 10:44pm
1. I stayed there for two weeks. 2. I stayed there two weeks. Are both grammatical? -------------------------- 3. This is the way how he solved the problem. 4. This is the way that he solved the problem. 5. This is the way he solved the problem. 6. This is the way in which he ...
Friday, May 16, 2014 at 10:42pm
Need help please check. 7. Choose the type of punctuation that is missing from the following sentence. My best friends new dog wont stop barking. (1 point) ()apostrophe (X)semicolon ()colon ()hyphen 8. Choose the type of punctuation that is missing from the following ...
Friday, May 16, 2014 at 8:30pm
with symbolism, authors use concrete object to represent A. abstract ideas B. general notions C. universal truths D. established facts I can't decide between C and D. I'm leaning more towards D. Thank You.
Friday, May 16, 2014 at 1:45pm
Select the letter of the choice that indicates which sentence-combining strategy best applies to the example: Off in the thick of the woods came a fairy sound, followed by a tremulous silence, a holding apart of the air. a. varying the length of sentences b. varying the ...
Friday, May 16, 2014 at 1:03pm
Identify the italicized word according to its class in structural linguistics. The principal is extremely busy. A.intensive B.adjective C.noun D.empty word E.verb
Friday, May 16, 2014 at 10:42am
Language Arts (english)
1.In general terms, how do the townspeople in The Handsomest Drowned Man in the World react to the body which washes up on their shore? 2.Why do the townspeople react to Esteban as they do? What is he to them? 3.What is a fable, how might The Handsomest ...
Friday, May 16, 2014 at 8:04am
Collecting candy on Halloween still appeals to Del. find gerund phrase and tell if it is the subject, predicate nominative direct object or object of preposition
Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 5:23pm
Identify the correctly punctuated sentence. I marked the one I think it is. Doing my homework, making my bed, and practicing guitar are on my to-do list for the day. Doing my homework, is the first thing I should do. Doing my homework I found my mind start...
Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 4:51pm
Choose the sentence that is punctuated correctly. Many people are afraid of bold futuristic inventions Why did you spend all your money on expensive trendy clothes that you'll only wear a month or so? Oh, no, Mom is watching that silly, musical comedy again. ---> The ...
Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 4:33pm
Choose the sentence that contains no error in writing a title. Yes, we're performing in a one-act play called Nathan's Home. Do you think you could set Simon's poem, Wolf Moon, to music? And now, Teresa will play her new song, "Silvernight." <----- ...
Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 4:11pm
Hamlet awaits the appearance of the ghost on a. The moor near the battles ground b. The birnam woods c. The ramparts of elsinor castle d. The cellar of the castle
Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 12:07pm
English (Checking please)
What is the effect of the speakers many exclamation points and imperative statements in Beat! Beat! Drums!? They create a gentle tone. They create a hesitant tone. They create a light-hearted tone. They create an insistent tone. <----- The images in the ...
Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 8:04pm
Coins Coins were first invented in the 7th century B.C.. in Lydia. They were made from gold and silver. People made coins of different sizes and gave them different values. Coins were good in many ways. First, they could be carried easily. Second, they made exact exchanges ...
Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 5:36pm
Read the following passage and identify at least 3 elements of figurative language; explain how each element brings out the theme of the passage. "The Wrong Place" by Susan Michalski Lana woke up, curled in a corner of the seat at the back of the train. She lifted ...
Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 3:48pm
can someone proofread my essay please. Martin Luther king Jr, Mrs Gonsalvez, Mr Bryce what do they have in common? Well their leaders. Leaders are people who are kind and caring, But how did they become leaders?. Well they started off as a good student then good citizen then ...
Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 8:34am
this is a paragraph for a paper can someone please check the grammer? Only a small portion of the population in the United States are attending schools, and that small portion are people who really want to stand out and have a life full of joys and success. College is the ...
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 10:17pm
if you read the giver can you please check my answers and see if they are correct? . What is the jonas apprehensive about at the beginning of the novel? A. a plane flying over the community B. a dream that he had recently C. the upcoming ceremony and his assingment I think C 2...
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 8:07pm
Jane Goodall is a primatologist. She studies the social and family lives of chimpanzees. Which of the following combines the sentences using an appositive? Being a primatologist, Jane Goodall studies the social and family lives of chimpanzees. Jane Goodall is a primatologist ...
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 7:57pm
Identify the correct sentence. A. I surely could have done a better job on the report if I had more time. B. I sure could have done a more better job on the report if I had more time. C. I surely could have done a more better job on the report if I had more time. D. I surely ...
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 4:48pm
Identify the correct sentence. A. Neither Mike nor Corrine made it to class yesterday; do anyone have the notes? B. Neither Mike nor Corrine have made it to class yesterday; does anyone has the notes? C. Neither Mike nor Corrine made it to class yesterday; does anyone have the...
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 4:43pm
Choose the best word combination below for the underlined words in the sentence. Badly and Tight The odor from the refrigerator smelled so badly that no one wanted to investigate; every time we opened the door, we held our noses tight. A. badly, tightly B. bad, tight C. bad, ...
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 4:40pm
Identify the INCORRECT sentence. A. I can hardly see you. B. She did well on her report card. C. I can't hardly see you. D. The student answered me rather rudely. c
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 4:38pm
Some of the students from class __________ to the Writing Center for help with writing because they __________ often unclear on how to fix their errors. A. go; are B. goes; are C. go; is D. goes; is A
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 4:37pm
Identify the incorrect sentence. A. Each knife and fork have been cleaned and put away. B. Each knife and fork has been cleaned and put away. C. Some of the girl's teeth are chipped. D. None of the material is missing. A
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 4:36pm
Identify the correct sentence. A. Fighting on school grounds are a serious offence. B. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets are a good movie. C. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is a good movie. D. A new Boys and Girls Club are keeping many children off the streets. C
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 4:34pm
A simple Standard definition is normally composed of all of the following except: A characteristics of some class B the term to be defined C a class containing the term to be defined D the distinctive characteristics of the term I'm leaning towards C
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 4:33pm
Identify the correct sentence. A. The rest of the toys on the floor in the living room needs to be picked up before your mother comes home. B. The rest of the toys on the floor in the living room need to be picked up before your mother come home. C. The rest of the toys on the...
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 4:20pm
Identify the correct sentence. A. The music sounds beautifully. B. Run quick; otherwise, you will miss the bus. C. I surely wish you would go. D. The boss is more happier today. B
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 4:15pm
tion 18 of 40 2.5 Points Identify the correct sentence. A. On the table is some paper and a pencil. B. Beside the stereo is a stack of CDs. C. Beside the stereo are a stack of CDs. D. On the table are some paper as well as a pencil. B
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 3:58pm
Since Debbie's last test score was __________, she plans on studying __________ this time around. A. the miserablest; most diligently B. more miserable; most diligently C. miserably; diligent D. miserable; more diligently D
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 3:57pm
Identify the correct sentence. A. Large corporations and small businesses today believe that "going green" is of paramount importance. B. Large corporations along with small businesses today believes that "going green" is of paramount importance. C. Large ...
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 3:55pm
dentify the correct sentence. A. One of the kittens are smaller than the others; of course, most people fall in love with the runt of the litter. B. One of the kittens is smaller than the others; of course, most people falls in love with the runt of the litter. C. One of the ...
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 3:52pm
Identify the correct sentence. A. The new air conditioner works quieter. B. This engine runs smoother. C. He speaks more distinct than she does. D. I feel bad that I didn't call you earlier. A
Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 3:47pm
English III (11th grade)
Lana woke up, curled in a corner of the seat at the back of the train. She lifted the shade to see that the sun had hidden itself in a bank of clouds fluffy as the eiderdown her mother had wrapped her in as a child. Her darling Ted, a military man with a distinguished career, ...
Monday, May 12, 2014 at 10:37pm
The fire-fighters stand and watch for the first time in days. --------------- What is the meaning of 'in days'? what other expressions can use instead of 'in days'? Thank you.
Monday, May 12, 2014 at 9:39pm
17. In Shirley Jacksons The Lottery, how does the author use Tessies late arrival to help create suspense? (1 point) A The reader does not know what event Tessie has arrived late for. B The reader knows that the townspeople are aware of Tessie's ...
Monday, May 12, 2014 at 7:26pm
16. What is the effect of the authors use of assonance in the following line from The Raven? For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels name Lenore (1 point) A It creates emphasis on Lenore. B It explains Lenores appearance. C It ...
Monday, May 12, 2014 at 6:42pm
12. What does the following quote reveal about Montressors intentions? "'Pass your hand, I said, over the wall; you cannot help feeling the nitre. Indeed it is very damp. Once more let me implore you to return. No? Then I must positively leave you. ...
Monday, May 12, 2014 at 6:35pm
Judging by the behavior of Cassius and Brutus in Act IV, what prediction might you make about their battle with Antony? A. Brutus will betray Cassius and join Antony's army. B. Cassius and Brutus will not work well together in battle. C. Cassius will betray Brutus and join...
Monday, May 12, 2014 at 5:19pm
Thank you very much. I still have these sentences I'm doubtful about. My doubt is whether I should use the present perfect or the simple past (considering that it is the end of the school year) 1) Exercises for literary text analyses aimed at developing lexicon have been ...
Monday, May 12, 2014 at 4:07pm
Can someone check the grammar in the following sentences? Thank you in advance. 1) The nuclear power station can give our town a lot of energy and jobs to people. 2) We won't be able to use the farmland near the power station because it will be polluted with chemicals. We ...
Monday, May 12, 2014 at 2:27pm
english check answer plz !
i think its A. but i also got C. As you are reading your research paper aloud,you notice that all your sentences start the same way. What should you do A.revise some of the sentence so there is variety. B.read the sentences with a more engaging voice C.add definitons of ...
Monday, May 12, 2014 at 1:42pm
The star is much brighter than the sun. ----------------------- Is 'the star' in generic use in this sentence? Does 'the star' mean all the star or only one star which I am looking at now?
Monday, May 12, 2014 at 5:53am
1. Each desk has four legs. 2. Each of the desks has four legs. 3. All desks have four legs. 4. Every desk has four legs. 5. There are four legs on each desk. ----------------------------- Are they all grammatical? Which one is wrong?
Monday, May 12, 2014 at 5:45am
1. Each of the desks has four legs. 2. Each of the desk has four legs. -------------- Is #2 correct or incorrect? 3. She has many friends to help her. 4. She has many friends who will help her. 5. she has many friends who help her. 6. she has many friends who can help her...
Monday, May 12, 2014 at 5:43am