What do you take to school? 1. I take notebooks, textbooks and pencils. 2. I take a bus to school. ======================== What is the answer to the question?
Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 3:48am
1. How do you go to school? By bus? Nio, I go there by subway. 2. What do you take to school? By bus? Nio, I go there by subway. ========================= Is #1 the same as #2? Can we use 'What do you take to school?' instead of 'How do you go to school?'
Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 1:56am
1. It is 3 dollars to take the subway. ============== Is this sentence grammatical? What does 'It' refer to in the sentence? Does 'It' refer to 'the subway' or ' to take the subway'?
Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 1:35am
Thank you very much for your help. One more questions goes.... 1. We have 25 boys in our class. All of them have a TV at home. 2. We have 25 boys in our class. They have a TV at home. ====================== #1 mean each boy has a TV at home. Am I right? #2 means the same thing...
Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 9:57pm
1. I have a pen. 2. I don't have a pen. 3. I have not a pen. 4. Do you have a pen? 5. Have you a pen? ============= Are they all grammatical? Do they use #3 and #5 in The UK?
Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 8:40pm
1. Many people have a car these days in the country. 2. Many people have cars these days in the country. =============== Are both OK? Does #1 mean each person has a car?
Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 8:29pm
1. A lot of Russian families have a dacha. 2. A lot of Russian families have dachas. ================ Are both correct? Does #1 mean that each family has a dacha?
Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 8:28pm
What are you like? What's your personality like? What's your personality? What's your character like? What's your character? Describe your personality. ================== Are the questions all grammatical? Which ones are commonly used?
Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 7:55am
1. Many Russian families spend weekends at their dacha. 2. Many Russian families spend weekends at their dachas. =============== Which one is grammatical? Are both OK? Then which one is commonly used?
Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 7:48am
1. She is a medium height woman. 2. She is medium height. 3. She is of medium height. 4. She is a woman of medium height. =================== Are they all grammatical? Which ones are right?
Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 7:22am
Mom came to Emily's room and found the window was open. It was raining hard outside. Because the window was opened, the books on the desk were wet. A: Emily, look at the books. They are all wet. B1:Oh, no. I'm sorry. I forgot to close the window. B2:Oh,dear. I'm ...
Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 7:11am
What can you do to save the environment? 1. I'd better take the stairs instead of the elevator. 2. I'd better turn off the light when I don't use it. 3. I'd better turn off the tap water when I am not using it. 4. I'd better not use paper cups or plates. 5...
Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 3:17am
We have to find the right linking verb. 1.) It was she/her who was the director. She 2.) The owner of the recording equipment was me/I. I 3.) The engineer helping with the recording was her/she. She 4.) The person testing how the microphone sounded was I/me. I 5.) The ...
Monday, April 20, 2015 at 10:18pm
1. Emily likes winter because she can see snow in the mountains. 2. Emily likes winter because she can watch snow in the mountains. 3. Emily likes winter because she can look at snow in the mountains. =================== Which verb should we use?
Monday, April 20, 2015 at 9:19am
I have to memorize and recite exactly 12 lines from Shakespeare's "Othello" for class. I am having trouble picking from the entire play, a nice and notable speech section from the play. Any suggestions? I would prefer a part by Othello or Desdemona :) (Please ...
Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 11:52pm
1. He is outgoing. 2. He is extrovert. 3. He is extroverted. (Are they all grammatical and the same in meaning?) 4. He is shy. 5. He is reserved. 6. He is introvert. 7. He is introverted. (Are they all grammatical and the same in meaning?)
Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 10:14pm
Which sentence is punctuated correctly? A. Milton wrote many prose works, but is more famous for poetry. B. In a sequence of sonnets dedicated to his wife Edmund Spenser traced their courtship. C. Sonnets were new to England, when Sir Philip Sidney wrote them. D. When ...
Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 7:47pm
Which choice would supply the strongest, most logical support for this claim? Lakeside Manor is a wonderful new community on Lake Winchester. A. After just a few hours, you will know you want to move there. B. There is ample parking for all residents and for guests. C. ...
Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 7:42pm
Read this passage from Donnes Meditation 17. Then, answer the question that follows. No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main. If a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a ...
Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 7:40pm
Which clause in this sentence is used as an adjective? When Beowulf arrived, the Danes welcomed him, for they desperately needed someone who could stop Grendel. A. When Beowulf arrived B. the Danes welcomed him C. they desperately needed someone D. who could stop Grendel D ??
Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 7:36pm
Hello. Please help me with my question. Is there any difference between the verbs 'learn' and 'study' in the sentences: 1) I'm going (want) to learn English. 2) I'm going (want) to study English. Thank you for your help a lot.
Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 3:33pm
1. A research paper has which of the following aspects in common with an essay? A. a title page B. a works cited list C. body paragraphs with topic sentences D. personal experience as a primary source 2. When citing all sources, which answer lists the items that must be ...
Friday, April 17, 2015 at 6:54pm
1. When taking notes from your sources, you should also ________. A. revise your research question B. write the information needed for your works cited list C. format your paper and works cited list D. find a topic for your research paper 2. Academic writing involves which of ...
Friday, April 17, 2015 at 6:42pm
Which sentence is the most grammatically correct and clear version? Superman announced that he could leap over buildings in a single bound, which was a very risky thing to do. It was risky for Superman to announce that he could leap over buildings in a single bound. Leaping ...
Friday, April 17, 2015 at 5:42pm
1. The word aloof is an English word borrowed from Dutch. Its meaning is "at a distance." In which of the following sentences is the word used correctly? Anne's sociable nature mad her aloof in new situations When he first arrived at the Secret Annex, Peter kept ...
Friday, April 17, 2015 at 4:59pm
"The night was gone. The morning star was shining in the sky. I too had become a completely different person. The student of the Talmud, the child that I was, had been consumed in the flames. There remained only a shape that looked like me. A dark flame had entered into ...
Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 11:14pm
Figurative Language 1.."August is a day in the sun" These words compare _____ to _____. 2."Such a stinky flower that is makes people regret having a nose" These words suggest. 3. "the camera spoke for him" These words suggest. 4."them look ...
Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 10:42pm
Henry and Lois are discussing ways to evaluate sources. Henry maintains that one should scan a source before skimming it. Lois argues that scanning is the best first step in evaluating a source. Who is correct?
Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 8:00pm
Strategies for the Independent Learner
When you approach a text, you should A. survey it, using the technique called SQ3R. B. dive right in at the first page and read the assigned section. C. skip over words you dont know. D. read only the boldface type. 2. The proctored exams for your degree courses are A. ...
Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 3:31pm
The distribution of B.A. degrees conferred by a local college is listed below, by major. Major Frequency English 2073 Mathematics 2164 Chemistry 318 Physics 856 Liberal Arts 1358 Business 1676 Engineering 868 9313 What is the probability that a randomly selected degree is not ...
Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 11:43am
1. Make sure you unplug the TV when you go out. 2. Make sure that you unplug the TV when you go out. 3. Make sure you should unplug the TV when you go out. 4. Make sure you unplug the TV before you go out. ========================== Are they all grammatical? Can we use '...
Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 11:09am
In which sentence is the meaning of the word blackmail best expressed. A. They hope that her envy would not cause blackmail B. They were afraid that blackmail would lead to more demands for money C. They reached for the phone, eager to hear the blackmail news.*** D, Alone and ...
Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 10:14am
What can you do to save electricity? (2) 1. I can unplug the computer and the printer. 2. I can unplug appliances in my room. 3. I can unplug all electronic devices in my room. 4. I can unplug the TVs in the rooms. 5. I can unplug all the electronic devices including the fax ...
Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 8:53am
1. Make sure you go to bed early. 2. Make sure you play ping-pong with him. 3. Make sure you talk with the person. 4. Make sure you go back home early. 5. Make sure you call your mother. 6. Make sure you send the money to him. 7. Make sure you take a taxi. 8. Make sure you go ...
Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 8:42am
Look at this electricity bill, Andy. - Wow! That's a lot. ==================== In this short dialogue, what is the part of speech of 'a lot'? 1. The electricity bill is a lot. (Is this sentence grammatical? What other expressions can we use instead of 'a lot...
Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 8:24am
What can you do to save electricity? 1. I can turn off the lights when I leave my room. 2 I can turn off the lights when I don't use the room. 3.I can turn off the lights when I don't stay in the room. 4. I can turn off the lights of my classroom when we leave for the ...
Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 8:20am
4.In Amys English class, 30% of the students play an instrument. She does not know how many in the whole school play an instrument, but there are 500 students in the school. A.Solve the proportion 30/100=n/500 to estimate the total number of students in the school who ...
Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 9:08pm
Which simple sentence has a compound verb? A. Becky and I weren't sure. B. Anne wanted a surprise party for Carrie. C. We have been planning the party since April. D. Finally, we voted and decided against a surprise.
Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 1:48pm
Which of the following would most likely be an entry in a sentence outline? A. Education beyond high school versus education beyond college B. Education as a pathway C. Education as a tool D. Education can change a person's life.
Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 1:15pm
Hello I am having quite a bit of trouble trying to figure out a better way to answer this. 1. In the video, The Fates Present: Pyramus & Thisbe,There are parts of the animated version in which there is a character, who appears at the beginning of the animation first, and who ...
Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 12:08pm
Im looking for some media examples of how women who don't want kids are perceived by society... one example I have is How I Met Your Mother, where one of the main characters Robin doesn't want kids..... Can anyone think of any other examples? Thanks!
Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 9:54am
1. A hippo is an animal which has a big mouth. 2. A hippo is an animal which is very heavy. 3. A hippo is an animal which is very big. 4. A crocodile is an animal which has lots of teeth. 5. A crocodile is an animal which has a strog and long tail. 6. A crocodile is an animal ...
Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 8:51am
1. We can live to be 200. 2. We can live to be 200 years old. 3. We can live up to 200. 4. We can live up to 200 years. 5. We can live to 200. 6. We can live to 200 years. 7. We can live up to 200 years old. 8. We can live to 200 years old. ===================== I have listed ...
Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 10:34pm
1. We can reuse the water after we rinse the rice. 2. We can reuse the water after we rinse rice. (Do we have to sue 'the' before 'rice'?) 3. We can do the laundry after we gathering many clothes. 4. We can put many clothes in the washing machine. 5. We can use...
Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 10:11pm
1. We can turn off the tap of water, when we are washing our faces. 2. We can turn off the tap water, when we are washing our faces. 3. We can turn off the city water, when we are washing our faces. =================== Q1: Can we use all the expressions? Q2: Can we use '...
Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 10:05pm
HELP! John or Doris (write, Writes) to us regularly. Either Carol or Ted (was, Were) asked to lead the meeting. Either Marie or you (was, were) late for class. Either you or Marie (was, were) late for class. Everybody in the class (has, have) a ticket. We speak a bit different...
Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 4:28pm
What can we do to save water? 1.We can use our cups when we brush our teeth. 2. We can put a brick into the toilet. 3. We can use a waterbowl when we wash the dishes. 4. We can get rid of the old before we wash the dishes. 5. We can reuse the water after linsing the rice. 6. ...
Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 8:40am
1. We can take showers. 2. We can take a shower. 3. We can take cold showers. 4. We can take a cold shower. 5. We can take longer showers. 6. We can take a long shower. ================= What is the difference between each pair? Which one is commonly used? Does each pair have ...
Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 7:56am
1. We can use less water when we do the dishes. 2. We can use less water when we are doing the dishes. 3. We can use only a little water when we wash a car. 4. We can use only a little water when we are washing a car. ===================== Are they all grammatical? What is the...
Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 7:48am
1. We need to cut 20 trees to make every 1 ton of paper cups. 1-2. We need to cut 20 trees to make every 1 t of paper cups. 2. We need 10 l of water to make a piece of A4 paper. 3. We need 10 liter of water to make a piece of A4 paper. 4. We need 10 liters of water to make a ...
Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 7:13am
Imagine what will happen in the future world and write down sentences related to the future world. 1. We will go to Mars. 2. We will make robots clean the house. 3. We will not get sick. 4. We will fly in the air. 5. We will go to the USA in 10 minutes from here. 6. We won'...
Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 6:23am
1. What do we have to do in case of a fire? 2. What do we have to do when a fire breaks out? 3. What do we have to do when your apartment is on fire? 4. Call 119. 5. Tell grown-ups. 6. Tell adults. 7. Use the fire extinguisher. 8. Go outside and use the stairs. 9. Go down the ...
Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 6:11am
The word aloof is an English word borrowed from Dutch. It's meaning is "at a distance". In which of the following sentences is the word used correctly? A. Anne's sociable nature made her aloof in new situations. B. When he first arrived at the secrete Annex, ...
Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 12:29am
1. We can turn off the water when we are not using it. 1-1. We can turn off the water when we do not use it. 2. We can turn off the water when we are brushing teeth. 2-1. We can turn off the water when we do not brush teeth. ==================== Which ones are grammatical? Do ...
Monday, April 13, 2015 at 11:46pm
1. I can make a vegetable soup. 2. I can make vegetable soup. (Do we have to use 'a' ornot?) 3. I can make ramen. 4. I can make pasta. 5. I can make seafood. 6. I can make raw fish. 7. I can make noodles. 8. I can make sandwich. 9. I can make bread. 10. I can make ...
Monday, April 13, 2015 at 11:40pm
Why is Mrs. Drover in London? A. to fulfill a promise she had made twenty-five years ago B. to do some shopping and get some things from the house C. to meet her husband and sister My answer is B
Monday, April 13, 2015 at 11:01pm
1. I plant potatoes shopping tomorrow. 2. I will plant potatoes shopping tomorrow. 3. I will plant potatoes and shop tomorrow. 4. I will plant potatoes and go shopping tomorrow. =========== #1 is wrong. Am I right? How can we correct #1? What about the others from #2 and #4? ...
Monday, April 13, 2015 at 10:59pm
In what way does third section of In Memory of W. B. Yeats reflect the tension of the decade in which it was written? A. The section describes the hatred growing among nations. B. The section describes how contemporary people differ from their ancestors. C. The ...
Monday, April 13, 2015 at 10:37pm
1, The Appalachian Mountains extend through Bristol. The mountains are beautiful. Which is best way to combine sentences? 1. The Appalachian Mountains extend through Bristol and the mountains are beautiful. 2. The Appalachian Mountains extend through Bristol, they are ...
Monday, April 13, 2015 at 10:27pm
Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old time is a-fl ying; And this same fl ower that smiles today Tomorrow will be dying. 5 The glorious lamp of heaven, the sun The higher hes a-getting, The sooner will his race be run, And nearer hes to setting. Which line does NOT...
Monday, April 13, 2015 at 3:47pm
Choose the correct possessive form for each phrase. A. the potatoe's skins***** B. the potatoes' skins C. the potatoes's skins D. the potatoes skins the whiskers of the men A. the men's whiskers****** B. the whisker's men C. the mens whiskers the mens' ...
Monday, April 13, 2015 at 2:53pm
Choose the meaning of the BOLDED word During the playoffs, the team faced a FORMIDABLE opponent. A.) oversized B.) declining C.) imposing D.) pompous I think the answer is C or D im just not sure Thank you
Monday, April 13, 2015 at 12:11pm
Reach each group of sentences. Two of the sentences are punctuated correctly. Choose the sentence that contains incorrect comma usage. A.) They were able to prove, I believe that Jesse James was killed in Missouri in 1882. B.) Frances, therefore, was the last student to leave ...
Monday, April 13, 2015 at 12:03pm
1. What kind of food can you make? 2. What kinds of food can you make? ------------------- Do we have to use 'kind' or 'kinds'? Which one do we have to use? Are both OK? Then, is there any difference between them?
Monday, April 13, 2015 at 8:30am
1. A: Where can we hear this announcement? B: We can here it in an airplane. 2. A: Where can we hear this announcement? B: We can here it on an airplane. -------------------- Q1: Do we have to use 'in' or 'on'? Q2: Is the expression 'announce' (from ...
Monday, April 13, 2015 at 7:36am
In relation to A Shocking Accident, what word best describes Jerome's attitude toward his father's memory? A. worshipful B. conflicted C. rejecting My answer is A
Sunday, April 12, 2015 at 11:52pm