Branches of English
Recent English Questions
Hi i need to write about 3 more paragraphs about: Compare different ways that Shakespeare describes dreams in the three extracts (Puck's final speech, Clarence's Dream & Caliban's Dream) using PEE i have done 4 if anyone gives me at least 2 more that would be ...
Sunday, June 22, 2014 at 4:37am
Hi i need to write about 5 paragraphs about: Compare different ways that Shakespeare describes dreams in the three extracts (Puck's final speech, Clarence's Dream & Caliban's Dream) using PEE
Saturday, June 21, 2014 at 11:16am
Well, can you walk my dog? 1) You can take her to the park. -I'd like to, but I'm very busy today. ------------------------------------ What does 1) mean among the following? 2) You are allowed to take her to the park. 3) You are able to take her to the park.
Saturday, June 21, 2014 at 9:09am
1. I got a C- on the math test. Reading: C - : C minus (right?) 2. The math problems are difficult to solve. 3. The math questions are difficult to solve. ------ Are both OK?
Saturday, June 21, 2014 at 5:00am
1. What's the price of this? 2. What's price for this? 3. What's the price of the hat? 4. What's the price for the hat? --------------------------- Which questions are grammatical? Do we have to sue 'of' or 'for?
Saturday, June 21, 2014 at 4:56am
1. They do a lot during the day and need the time to do it all. 2. They do a lot during the day and need the time to do them all. --------------------- Which one is right? Is 'a lot' the object of the verb 'do'? Does 'it' refer to 'a lot' in ...
Saturday, June 21, 2014 at 4:16am
1. My favorite book is The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin. It was written by Benjamin Franklin. I like it because I can learn a lot of lessons in life. 2. My favorite book is The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin. It was written by Benjamin Franklin. I like it because I ...
Saturday, June 21, 2014 at 12:48am
I'm suppose to translate the English sentences into Spanish sentences. Have i done the grammar,meaning, and spelling right? 1.) El rey que usado canta está jugando el tambor. The king that used to sing is playing the drum. 2.) Él y ella está bebiendo ...
Friday, June 20, 2014 at 9:21pm
I am trying to figure out details as to when groom service (short story) has taken place any help with examples would be great or even a lead? Ive read the story numerous times and I know it was before th 1940s but I cant figure out further.. I have found that the story ...
Friday, June 20, 2014 at 9:51am
choose from these words: Cour,di-,du-, -dom,-fy,il and im-, -ish, magni-, phob, pro-, psycho- The apartment the realtor showed us was (...ficent)______, but it was (...practical)_____for us. Not only was it too large, but it would also make an uncomfortable dent in our budget...
Friday, June 20, 2014 at 9:29am
And no matter how(5)______(benign)my manner, she seemed to view me as some sort of threat. At one point, she became irate and yelled, "That's(6)_____(redundant)I don't have time to answer the same question twice." When I asked her about serious issues, her ...
Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 6:01pm
1. Give two examples of each of the following elements of fiction and nonfiction from the texts youve read in Units 1, 2, and 3. Characters: Plot: Conflict: Setting: Point of View: Theme: Style: Tone: Perspective: Bias: Purpose:
Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 12:08pm
benign,blase,comprise,condescend,facade,glib,haughty,libel,pseudonym and redundant. When a famous actress arrived in town to work on a movie, an editor asked me to interview her. Because this was my first interview assignment, I felt far from_______(glib) about it. ...
Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 11:58am
choose from: benign,blase,comprise,condescend,facade,glib,haughty,libel,pseudonym and redundant. Believing he was better than everyone else at the supermarket, Dan was so________(Haughty) that he would rarely ___(benign) to speak to other cashiers. One author was ...
Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 7:32pm
Maths literacy,history,life science,english,xhosa,life orantation,geography.
I'am doing grade 11 now and when i passed grd 12 next year.i want to know what caree is good for my subjects ,because i don't know what caree should i take.
Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 5:27pm
Which sentence has an infinitive phrase that functions as the subject? To convert sunlight and energy into food is the end result of photosynthesis. After the rain, water travels from the ground to the roots of a plant. Plants are adapted to take in moisture from the ground.
Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 3:15pm
It's me again :) and again I need help with a mail to my prof... Dear Ms. ... ... and I thought about our presentation. Our topic is compound adjectives. Shall we only talk about compound adjectives or shall we also talk about Adverbs, Participles, how to superlative ...
Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 3:05pm
In which sentence is the underlined word the direct object? Rulers in totalitarian countries are very powerful. In a monarchy, kings or queens give people the laws. In a democracy, elected leaders make decisions.
Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at 2:42pm
English please help me
Please help me to correct my English grammar. thank you. June 17, 2014 Dear sir, Good day, I regret when I resigned from your company but its my familys reason. I am now presently working here in Maldives as a professional photographer and salesman as well. I ...
Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at 6:27am
aside from any grammar or spelling mistakes how is this essay! Can the perfect ideal of loyalty ever be achieved? With no guidelines how can you match a book definition of loyalty. Loyalty is essential in human life, but what is it. The dictionary will describe loyalty as ...
Tuesday, June 17, 2014 at 1:54am
Which one of the following statements about making your writing fun to read is not correct? A. The conversation you write must sound natural for the characters. B. An anecdote or humorous quotation is often more convincing than a strong argument. C. Direct quotations should be...
Monday, June 16, 2014 at 11:36pm
Which statement is most accurate regarding the speaking-writing connection? A. The words used by writers are not normally used in speaking. B. To own a word, speak it. C. Written words seldom reflect the words people use when they speak. D. To own a word, write it over and ...
Monday, June 16, 2014 at 11:28pm
What is the name of the common error in the following sentence? Having risen because of the rains, the hikers were unable to cross the river. A. Run-on sentence B. Infinitive phrase C. Prepositional phrase D. Dangling modifier correct C. PrepositioNal phrase
Monday, June 16, 2014 at 9:06pm
1. I am busy studying for the mid-term exam. 2. I am busy studying for the midterm exam. 3. I am busy studying for the mid-term exams. 4. I am busy studying for the mid-term exams. (Here in our country, During the period of the mid-term exam(s), students have tests for all the...
Monday, June 16, 2014 at 4:17pm
1. Mom cooked various kinds of food. 2. Mom cooked various kinds of foods. (Which one is grammatical, 'food' or 'foods'?) 3. I have a lot of interest in music. 4. I have a lot of interests in music. (Which one is grammatical?) Q5: Are spaghetti and macaroni pasta?
Monday, June 16, 2014 at 3:42pm
Which of these two sentences is correct? Is there a different correct format? This construction is different than in English. This construction is different from English.
Sunday, June 15, 2014 at 8:16am
hey you! i have to wirte a letter to a prof of mine .. she is a grammar teacher, so that it would be great when there are no mistakes in the mail.. can somebody look it up? Dear Ms... It looks at the moment that I am not able to come to the course at 23. June, because of I ...
Saturday, June 14, 2014 at 1:15pm
Let's play the game. Make groups of eight. You should choose a leader in the group. I have prepared 4 sets of word cards and 4 sets of picture cards. The leader from each group should come up here and take the cards. The leader should mix the word cards like this and put ...
Saturday, June 14, 2014 at 9:51am
He hurt his back very badly one day and had to give up football. Then he took up swimming to help his back recover. ------------------- What does 'took up' mean here? Would you give me other expressions similar to 'took up'?
Saturday, June 14, 2014 at 3:52am
Skateboarding originated in Venice, California. the time was the mid-seventies. There was a drought. The swimming pools were empty. A)Skateboarding originated in Venice,California,there was a drought, swimming pools were empty,the time was the mid-seventies. it says combine ...
Friday, June 13, 2014 at 7:46pm
1. Hanbok is Korean traditional dress. 2. A hanbok is Korean traditional dress. 3. Hanbok is traditional Korean dress. 4. Hanbok is a Korean traditional dress. 5. A hanbok is a traditional Korean dress. (Which one is grammatical?)
Friday, June 13, 2014 at 6:19pm
cumulative sentences or periodic pattern Periodic sentence Unable to eat dinner, do my homework, or get any sleep, I could think only of my mother's surgery the next morning Cumulative sentence All I could think about was of my mother's surgery the next morning, I was ...
Friday, June 13, 2014 at 2:28pm
Cumulative sentences english
Able to think only of my mother's surgery the next morning, I could not even eat my dinner, much less get any sleep, nor could I do my homework. My Answer First one is periodic sentence Unable to eat dinner, do my homework, or get any sleep, I could think only of my mother...
Friday, June 13, 2014 at 12:03pm
6.read the following line from poes "The Raven" "Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before" Which poetic device does poe use in this line? a. alliteration b. metaphor c. personification d. simile
Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 8:58pm
I need help understanding this question: How does Kurt Vonnegut address the concept of equality differently in Harrison Bergeron than Martin Luther King Jr. does in Letter from Birmingham Jail? What relationship does Vonneguts story show between ...
Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 6:25pm
Kate, do you like shopping at Namdaemun Market? -Yeah, I think it's great. The prices are low, and it's always lively. It's fun to shop there. ------------------------- What does 'it' refer to in 'It's always lively'? Does it mean 'Namdaemun...
Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 5:31pm
Claire: As you all know, almost everything can be delivered in Seoul, and I love that! Even hamburgers can be delivered here. Fangjin: And the speed of delivery is unbelievable. Last night, I ordered fried chicken, and it was delivered in less than 30 minutes. So quick...
Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 5:17pm
<Shopping at Namdaemun Market> Well, I agree with you about the prices, but I don't know about the fun part. -What do you mean? -It's always crowded there. --------------------- In the last sentence, what does 'it' refer to?
Thursday, June 12, 2014 at 9:08am
I was wondering for ninth grade, how long should an essay on 3 of Katherina (from taming of the shrew )characteristic be. And how long should each paragraph be.. Mine is not as long as my friends so I was wondering
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 at 10:24pm
How does galbijjim? 1. It tastes a little spicy but delicious. 2. It tastes both spicy and very good to eat. 3. It tastes somewhat sweet but yummy. 4. It tastes both sweet and yummy. (Are the answers grammatical and can the be used commonly?)
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 at 10:14pm
People in Ottawa enjoy eating beaver tails. They just look like beavers' tales. ----------------------- What is the meaning of 'just' here? Does just mean 'exactly' or 'merely'?
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 at 9:58pm
English Sentence Clarity
Sentence Clarity When in Florence, be sure to see the city's famed cathedral, and many tourists also visit Michelangelo's statue David. My answer Tourists when in Florence, be sure to see the city's famed cathedral and Michelangelo's statue David.
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 at 6:55pm
1. May I take your order? 2. Would you like to order now? 3. Will you order? 4. Order, please. 5. Please order your food. 6. Are you ready to order? 7. Do you want to order? 8. Why don't you order? 9. How about ordering? 10. What do you think of ordering? (In a restaurant...
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 at 5:24pm
May I take your order? May I have your order? (Are both OK? Which one is popular?) 1. Yes, I'll have a fish sandwich and a Coke. 2. Yes, I'll have a fish sandwich and a coke. (When answering the question, do we have to capitalize "C" in Coke?)
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 at 5:20pm
1. This restaurant's food tastes spicy and salty in general. 2. This restaurant's food tastes hot and salty in general. (Are both the same in meaning? Does 'spicy' mean 'hot'?) 3. The food is a little spicy. 4. The food is less spicy. 5. The food is a ...
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 at 4:57pm
The food tastes good. The food tastes so good. The food tastes rather good. The food tastes great. The food tastes wonderful. The food tastes sour/bitter/salty. The food tastes delicate. ------------------------ Do you have some other expression which describes the taste of ...
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 at 4:37pm
What type of conclusion do you plan to write for your research paper? Why? For my conclusion, I plan to write my research paper on a compilation of all the specific topics discussed in my introduction. I would summarize the information I want to relate to my audience and ...
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 at 12:18pm
Im writing an essay in English about mental illnesses in teenagers and youth and i can't think of An appropriate title for it. I need some ideas of how to make on or some suggestions.
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 at 10:01am
Q1: At a snack bar do people have to eat food standing? Q2: Do you have sandwich stands which sell sandwiches? Q3: Do you have noodle stands as well? What is the suitable restaurant name which sell noodles? Noodle houses? What about 'noodle restaurants or noodle stands'?
Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 11:09pm
With night coming on, we started for home. ------------------------ In this sentence, what is the meaning of 'coming' on? Does 'come on' mean 'appear' or 'start'?
Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 1:56am
1. My friends are to come back home tonight. 2. My friends are going to come back home tonight. 3. My friends are due to come back home tonight. ------------------------- Which one of the two is similar to #1? Is #1 used commonly?
Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 1:40am
1. Because she looked very sick, he took her to the hospital. 2. She looking very sick, he took her to the hospital. 3. Looking very sick, he took her to the hospital. ------------------- Are both(#1 and #2) the same and grammatical? Can #1 be changed into #3?
Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 1:24am
1. Cleaning my room, I found many coins. 2. When I was cleaning my room, I found many coins. 3. When I cleaned my room, I found many coins. ------------- Does #1 mean #2 or #3?
Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 1:21am
POL 201 week 1 Quiz
Question 1.1. In John Lockes social contract, we (Points : 1) submit to the absolute authority of the sovereign. donate all our property to the aristocracy. can rebel against the sovereign whenever we want. exchange our absolute liberty for political freedom. Question 2...
Monday, June 9, 2014 at 9:26pm
1. The food is sweet. 2. The food is delicate. 3. The food has a roasted flavor. 4. The food has a delicate flavor(taste) 5. The food has a sweet taste(flavor). ----------- Are they all grammatical and do they have the same meaning? What is the difference among them?
Sunday, June 8, 2014 at 11:02pm
1. This is a basketball uniform. The uniform is composed of a T-shirt and trunks. A basketball is on the trunks. He enjoys playing basketball. (Is this passage grammatical? Check it, please.) 2. There are many books on the bookshelf. 3. There are many books in the bookshelf. (...
Sunday, June 8, 2014 at 8:12pm
This restaurant carries several kinds of street food such as odeng, tteokbokki, pretzels, beaver tails, waffles, and stick food. Odeng is fish cake. An odeng is 500 won. Both a long odeng and a flat odeng are 500 won. A tteokbokki is 500 won as well. A bungoeppang is 500 won. ...
Sunday, June 8, 2014 at 5:21pm
Even though the programmers are ------- about their new software, they are wary of publicly ------- its capabilities until further testing. (A) anxious . . commending (B) apprehensive . . substantiating (C) confident . . disclosing (D) positive . . decrying (E) cynical . . ...
Sunday, June 8, 2014 at 4:18pm
In the book Dragonwings, after saving Black Dog's life in the alley near the opium den, why does Windrider tell Moon Shadow to remember that Black Dog was once a good man?
Sunday, June 8, 2014 at 10:57am
Rewrite the following sentences to ensure that the pronouns are used appropriately and that they have antecedents. If the sentence is correct, type "correct". (Each question is worth one point) 1- It would be nice to go to the aquarium. 2- It said on the news that ...
Sunday, June 8, 2014 at 10:02am
Let me introduce our team's favorite restaurant. Our team's favorite restaurant is Yumyum Tteokbokki(It is seasoned and cooked long rice cake). It's next to the stationery store in front of our school. Tteokbokki in the restaurant is sweet and hot. I often go to ...
Saturday, June 7, 2014 at 4:25am
What is in the classroom? 1. There is a blackboard in the classroom. 2. There are lots of lockers in the classroom. 3. There are chairs and desks in the classroom. 4. There are many school bags in the classroom. Good job! What else can we see in the classroom? 5. There is a ...
Saturday, June 7, 2014 at 12:53am
There is a shelf on the wall. He seems to use it as a bookshelf. On the shelf, there are two books. We can say he enjoys reading books. A basketball is on his uniform. We can see the top T-shirt and the bottom trunk. He seems to enjoy playing basketball. Write 'enjoy ...
Saturday, June 7, 2014 at 12:43am
1. Meeting her, I will be very glad. 2. If I meet her, I will be very glad. 3. When I meet her, I will be very glad. 4. As I meet her, I will be very glad. 5. Because I meet her, I will be very glad. 6. Because I will meet her, I will be very glad. ----------------- What does...
Friday, June 6, 2014 at 4:59am
My brother took my digital camera. -------------------------- What does the sentence above mean? 1. My brother was holding my digital camera. 2. My brother took away my digital camera from me. 3. My brother grasped my digital camera. 4. My brother held my digital camera.
Friday, June 6, 2014 at 4:25am
Which sentence uses lie or lay correctly? (1 point) Please lay your pencil on top of your notebook.<---- On Sunday afternoons I often lay down for a nap. Just lie those newspapers on the kitchen counter. Last night I lay in bed for hours before I fell asleep.
Thursday, June 5, 2014 at 3:22pm
Which of the following organizational patterns would be most effective for writing about the benefits of continuing government assistance for the U.S. space program? (1 point) chronological order order of importance compare and contrast argument and support<----
Thursday, June 5, 2014 at 1:51pm
A local chamber of commerce is publishing a pamphlet. Its purpose is to encourage tourists to visit the area. Data provided by the state tourism office shows that campers tend to like this area of the state. Based on this data, what is the most important information to include...
Thursday, June 5, 2014 at 1:48pm
Which line from the poem contains an example of onomatopoeia? (1 point) A. The Sea murmurs sleepily in the cool morning dawn.<----- B.Like glittering fish at the water's edge. C. Surfers in wetsuits paddle through low waves, D. Searching for shells and other treasures.
Thursday, June 5, 2014 at 1:36pm
1. With night coming on, we started for home. 2. Because night came on, we started for home. 3. Night came on, and we started for home. (Does #1 mean #2 or #3?) 4. With his legs crossed, he read a book. 5. His legs were crossed, and he read a book. (Does #4 mean $5?)
Wednesday, June 4, 2014 at 11:12pm
Which term best describes the underlined words? Originating in Bohemia, the polka was first developed around 1830. A. infinitive phrase B. participial phrase C. gerund phrase
Wednesday, June 4, 2014 at 5:06pm
I asked a question earlier about creating a title for an article i wrote in English, the article being about school, and the pressure to achieve and the stress on students, and I can't figure out a good title, I've gotten some help from people and suggestions but I can...
Tuesday, June 3, 2014 at 11:24pm
I'm writing an article for my english exam prep, and my main topic that i went off of was the relationship between school, homework and stress on teenagers (the exam prep topic is relationships) in the article I talk about how homework is a large stress in most teenagers ...
Tuesday, June 3, 2014 at 12:42pm