Posted by joeyyyy33 on Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 1:09am.
2. Which of the following supports the idea that yelling “Bomb!” is not protected by the Constitution? (1 point)
A separation of church and state
B rights of the accused
C rights not absolute
D popular sovereignty
Speech is powerful. It can stir people to action, move them to tears of both joy and sorrow, and... inflict great pain. On the facts before us, we cannot react to that pain by punishing the speaker. As a nation, we have chosen a different course—to protect even hurtful speech on public issues to ensure that we do not stifle public debate.
This quotation from Justice Roberts’s opinion in Snyder v. Phelps relates to which of the following?
A First Amendment
B Second Amendment
C Fourth Amendment
D Sixth Amendment
4. With respect to the Fourth Amendment, to which of the following does the phrase probable cause apply? (1 point)
A chain of reasoning
B reasonable suspicion of a crime
C double jeopardy
D prior restraint
5. How did the Supreme Court decide in the case of Texas v. Johnson (1989), a case about flag burning? (1 point)
A The court condemned flag burning as treason, and therefore decided it was a crime punishable under the law.
B The court condemned flag burning as intimidation and decided that punishment was to be determined by state courts.
C The court regarded flag burning as political expression, and therefore decided it was a form of protected speech under the First Amendment.
D The court decided that flag burning is an action subject to prior restraint.
The constitutional prohibition against laws respecting an establishment of religion must at least mean that, in this country, it is no part of the business of government to compose official prayers for any group of the American people to recite as part of a religious program carried on by government."
–Justice Hugo Black, from the decision in Engel v. Vitale (1962)
To which clause in the Bill of Rights does this quotation most specifically relate?
A the Establishment Clause
B the Free Exercise Clause
C the Cruel and Unusual Punishment Clause
D the Self-Incrimination Clause
7. Which is, by design, most removed from popular control? (1 point)
A state governor
B state house of representatives
C state senate
D state supreme court
8. What term is often used for a state legislature? (1 point)
I THINK FOR
8A ? AM I CORRECT ?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- american goverment - 2. Which of the following supports the idea that yelling...
- Civics - Which of the following documents influenced the American colonists to ...
- world studies - Does the goverment have the right over education? Where in the ...
- Politics - Q. The words “wall of separation between church and state” appear...
- American History - Which of the following was ruled to be a violation of the ...
- history - Excerpt from Douglas’s speech: "I believe that the Union can only be...
- history - 1. Which of the following is necessary to propose a new amendment to ...
- History- French Revolution - I'm between letter a and c. In my book it says that...
- american goverment - among the broad purposes of the united states goverment ...
- Social Studies - 1. What was one strength of the Articles of Confederation? (1 ...