Posted by Please help Mathmate on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 1:55pm.
1. If segment LN is congruent to segment NP and ∠1 ≅ ∠2, prove that ∠NLO ≅ ∠NPM:
Overlapping triangles LNO and PNM. The triangles intersect at point Q on segment LO of triangle LNO and segment MP of triangle PNM.
Hector wrote the following proof for his geometry homework for the given problem.
segment LN is congruent to segment NP Given
∠1 ≅ ∠2 Given
∠N ≅ ∠N Reflexive Property
ΔLNO ≅ ΔPNM
∠NLO ≅ ∠NPM Corresponding Parts of Congruent Triangles Are Congruent
Which of the following completes Hector's proof?
2. Use the figure below to answer the question that follows:
Intersecting triangles ACE and BDF. They intersect at points G, H, I, and J.
What must be given to prove that ΔBJI ~ ΔCJG?
segment BH is congruent to segment CH and segment BG is congruent to segment CI
∠BIJ ≅ ∠CGJ and ∠JBI ≅ ∠JIB
segment BI is congruent to segment CG and segment JI is congruent to segment JG
∠BIJ ≅ ∠CGJ and ∠BJI ≅ ∠CJG***
3. Abdul is making a map of his neighborhood. He knows the following information:
His home, the middle school, and high school are all on the same street.
His home, the elementary school, and his friend's house are on the same street.
The angle between the elementary school, middle school, and his home is congruent to the angle between his friend's house, the high school, and his home.
A street map is shown. The streets form a triangle comprised of the locations of home, friends house, and the high school. The triangle is intersected by a line formed by the elementary and middle school.
What theorem can Abdul use to determine that certain angles are congruent?
Corresponding Angles Theorem***
Vertical Angles Theorem
4.The figure below shows triangle NRM with r2 = m2 + n2:
Triangle NRM has legs m and n, and r is the length of its longest side.
Ben constructed a right triangle EFD with legs m and n, as shown below:
Triangle EFD has legs m and n and hypotenuse f.
He made the following table to prove that triangle NRM is a right triangle:
1. r2 = m2 + n2 Given
2. f2 = m2 + n2 Pythagorean Theorem
3. f2 = r2 Substitution
4. f = r Square Root Property of Equality
5. Triangle NRM is congruent to triangle EFD ?
6. Angle NRM is a right angle CPCTC
7. Triangle NRM is a right triangle Angle NRM is a right angle
Which reason best fits statement 5?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Given: segment AC and segment BD bisect each other at E prove: E is the ...
- geometry - given: segment AB is paralell to segment DC; segment AB is congruent ...
- geometry - I need to figure out this proof, the figure is two triangles forming ...
- Geometry - Theorem: A line parallel to one side of a triangle divides the other...
- geometry - given: segment HI congruent to segment GJ, segment HI parallel to ...
- Geometry - Yes, I'm this desperate. I just have problems with coming up with the...
- Geometry - Please write a paragraph proof for this statement. Point Y is the ...
- Geometry - Please write a paragraph proof for this statement. 30: Point Y is the...
- Geometry-properties of tangents of a circle - Circle L has segment LJ and ...
- geometry - In triangle abc, point B is on segment ab, and point E is on segment ...