Posted by catherine on Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 8:07pm.
1 star* at the end of each question and multiple stars*** at the end of my answer
1. Which laws called for strict separation of the races in the South? *
Plessy v. Ferguson laws
Jim Crow laws****
2. All of the following were results of the Supreme Court's decision in Brown v. Board of Education EXCEPT: *
Separate but equal doctrine ruled unconstitutional*****
Schools were to be integrated "with all deliberate speed"
Sit-ins and boycotts were declared illegal
3. Rosa Parks refusal to give up her seat on a buss in 1955 started this famous event. *
The Montgomery Bus Boycott******
The Greensboro Sit-in
The Little Rock Nine
None of the Above
5. What was the conclusion of the Warren Commission? *
The Fair Housing Act of 1965 was unconstitutional
Long-term racism led to widespread rioting in the summer of 1967
Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in killing President Kennedy*****
6. Who signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 into law? *
Martin Luther King, Jr.
John F. Kennedy
Lyndon Baines Johnson****
7. All of the following were part of the Great Society EXCEPT: *
Health Care (Medicare and Medicaid)
Environmental and Consumer Protection****
Education (Elementary and Secondary Education Acts)
Nasa and space exploration
9. Why did Presidents Kennedy and Johnson decide to involve the United States in the conflict in Vietnam? *
To replace the French as the colonial power in Indochina
To stop the spread of communism into South Vietnam****
To prevent China from controlling the Vietnamese economy
10. In what way was the Tet Offensive a strategic blow to the Americans? *
The South Vietnamese refused to help U.S. forces in the fighting.
The North Vietnamese captured key cities in South Vietnam
The communists proved they didn't have the ability to keep fighting***
11. The United States ended its involvement in the Vietnam War because? *
Vietnamization failed amid of growing dissent in the United States***
The North Vietnamese threatened to start using nuclear weapons
The U.S. defeat at My Lai proved that victory was impossible
12. When Nixon promised "Peace with Honor", he was referring to *
fixing race relations with the United States
ending the Vietnam War with honorable peace terms****
relaxing Cold War tensions between the United States and the Soviet Union
14. The purpose of the SALT 1 treaty was *
to freeze the deployment of ICBM and ABM missiles****
officially end the Vietnam War
to provoke the USSR into sending more troops and weapons into SE Asia
- CHECK MY WORLD HISTORY ANSWERS - Reed, Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 8:28pm
1 - yes
2 - no
3, 5, & 6 - yes
7 - no
9 - yes
11- Yes, your answer is the best of the three choices, but not really accurate (none are).
12 & 14 - yes
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Check my answer for 1 history question? - 11. In 1935, Hitler and Germany ...
- world history - In which country were apartheid laws created that prohibited ...
- World History - What was the significance of the Code of Hammurabi? The laws ...
- Check my answers for world history please! - 9. Which Battle was Germany’s ...
- CHECK MY WORLD HISTORY ANSWERS - STAR* at end of question and multiple stars*** ...
- World History - Can someone please help me answer this question Historians ...
- ethics - Which of the following examples best demonstrates to most people that ...
- sociology - Which of the following examples best demonstrates to most people ...
- soc 120 - Which of the following examples best demonstrates to most people that...
- Government Check - What was the name of the discriminatory laws enacted in ...