Posted by Kathy on Wednesday, September 3, 2014 at 7:36pm.
2a^2 + 6ab^2-12a^2b^3 divided by 24ab
-2a^2/-24ab + 6ab^2/24ab--12a^2b^3/24ab=
-12ab^2 +12a +4b
- algebra - Steve, Wednesday, September 3, 2014 at 7:46pm
-2a^2 / 24ab is not -12ab
It is -a/12b
because you have -(2a)(a) / (2a)(12b)
and the 2a's cancel
6ab^2/24ab = (6ab)(b) / (6ab)(4) = b/4
12a^2b^3 / 24ab = (12ab)(ab^2) / (12ab)(2) = ab^2/2
Looks like you have some serious practice ahead. You can enter your expressions in wolframalpha.com to check your answers.
Be sure to watch how it interprets your input, and use extra parentheses as needed!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - simplify -2a^+6ab^-12a^b/-24ab the b -12a^b the b is to the third ...
- Algebra - (9a^3b^4-12a^2b^5+6ab^7)/(6a^2b^3)
- math - the volume of a cubical solid is given by following expressions.find the ...
- algebra - 12a-18b/-6 simplify
- Algebra 1 - Divide. Simplify your answer. 1. 3a^4b/2a^2c^3 ÷ 12a^2c/8c^4 A: ? 2...
- algebra - given that 6x^3+5a-12a leaves a remainder of -4 when divided by (x-a...
- Algebra - Multiply 5a^3+4a^2 8b^6-6ab^6 _________ * __________ 6ab-8b 5a^2+4a
- Math help - Simplify the expression 6-a+4-12a-11 11a+1
- algebra - -12a+3(2a+1)=-6a
- algebra 2 - If f(3a-1) = 12a-7, what is f(x)?