Posted by vincent on Tuesday, August 19, 2014 at 8:08pm.
58. Let GCF (x,y) represent the greatest common factor of x any y. If p is a positive even integer less than 11, for what value of p does GCF (p^2,81) have the greatest value?
- math - Steve, Tuesday, August 19, 2014 at 11:50pm
I'd make that 6, since 81 = 3^4.
p^2 must have some powers of 3 in it, else GCF(p^2,81) = 1.
GCF(36,81) = 9
9 would be better, but we needed an even integer.
- math - vincent, Wednesday, August 20, 2014 at 12:04am
Is it 4?
- math - Steve, Wednesday, August 20, 2014 at 6:01am
hmmm. Is it 4?
Is 4^2 = 36?
Does 4 have 3 as a factor?
Better read what I wrote, and this time pay attention.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - I need a step by step explanation of finding the GCF of (6ysquare -3y...
- Factor out the Greatest Common Factor (GCF) - Factor out the Greatest Common ...
- Math - What is the GCF(greatest common factor) of 9 and 25
- math - Can two numbers have more than one greatest common factor(GCF)? Why or ...
- mat 117/algebra - Find the GCF of each product. Please show the steps so I can ...
- GCF - adding and subtraction number using greatest common factors 940-420=? 169-...
- math===pls. help== - For numbers less than 40, list each pair of numbers that ...
- help math algebra - How do you find the GCF (greatest common factor) of -m^8n^4 ...
- math-algebra - How do you find the GCF (greatest common factor) of -m^8n^4 and ...
- 6th garde Math :) - what is the greatest common factor (GCF) of 25 ; 50