Posted by itrixie on Friday, August 15, 2014 at 5:28pm.
In a triangle with integer side lengths, one side is three times as long as a second side, and the length of the third side is 15. What is the greatest possible perimeter of the triangle?
- Geometry - Henry, Friday, August 15, 2014 at 5:59pm
One side = L units.
2nd side = 3L units.
3rd side = 15 units.
3L < 15
L < 5
L = 4 = Largest possible integer.
3L = 3*4 = 12.
P = 4 + 12 + 15 = 31 = Max. possible
- Geometry - Steve, Friday, August 15, 2014 at 11:37pm
for sides a<b<c
c-b < a < c+b
So, if 3L is the longest side
15-L < 3L < L+15
15 < 4L < 2L+15
L > 3.75
L < 7.5
So, the extreme is 7,15,21 for a perimeter of 43
- Geometry - itrixie, Saturday, August 16, 2014 at 4:05pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Geometry - find the lengths of the sides of a triangle whose perimeter is 37. ...
- IRSC - the sum of the lengths of any two sides of a triangle must be greater ...
- Math - One side of the triangle is 2cm longer than the second side. The third ...
- math - the first side of a triangle is 8 meters longer than the second side. the...
- Pre Algebra - The first side of a triangle is 8 meters longer than twice the ...
- Math - One side of a triangular banner is 1 ½ times longer than the second side ...
- algebra 1 - The perimeter of a triangle is 62 cm. If the second side is twice ...
- geometry - An angle bisector of a triangle divides the opposite side of the ...
- algibra1 - One side of the triangle is twice as long as the second side. The ...
- Math - The sum of the lengths of any two sides of a triangle must be greater ...