Posted by Bladimir on Friday, August 15, 2014 at 11:06am.
1. The numerator and denominator of a fraction are in the ratio of 3 to 4. If 4 is added to the numerator and subtracted from the denominator, the value of the resulting fraction is 4/3. The numerator of the original fraction is
2. If it takes b hours to walk a certain distance at the rate of 3 miles an hour, the number of hours it takes to return the same distance at 4 miles an hour is
3. The perimeter of a rectangle is 20 inches and its length is 6 inches. The area of the rectangle in square is
- math i need help 3 questions - Bladimir, Friday, August 15, 2014 at 11:07am
number 1 choice b is 9
- math i need help 3 questions - Steve, Friday, August 15, 2014 at 11:35am
I'll do #1. How about you show some effort on the others? Just write the words in symbols.
If the fraction is n/d, then we are told
n/d = 3/4
(n+4)/(d-4) = 4/3
Work through all that, and you have n=12,d=16
12+4 / 16-4 = 16/12 = 4/3
Answer this Question
- math - A fraction becomes 1/2 when 3 is subtracted from its numerator. If 5 and ...
- algebra - The numerator of a fraction is 7 less than the denominator if three is...
- algebra - The denominator of a fraction is 12 more than the numerator. If 16 is ...
- Algebra - The numerator of a fraction exceeds the denominator. If 3 is added to...
- math - the sum of numerator and denominator is 3 less than twice the denominator...
- math- plz hlp - The denominator of a fraction is greater than its numerator by 9...
- Algebra - Solve Rational Inequalities x^2-x-2/x^2+5x+6<0 I cant figure this ...
- Algebra - When nine is added to both the numerator and the denominator of an ...
- Math - The denominator of a fraction is one more then the numerator. If 2 were ...
- Math-Algebra - The numerator of a fraction is 3 less than the denominator. If 5 ...