Posted by KIM on Thursday, August 7, 2014 at 7:34pm.
1)Each state has a dental board of examiners responsible for enforcing that particular state's Dental
Practices Act (DPA). The DPA contains similar requirements for dentist conduct. Which of the following is
not covered by the DPA?
A. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
B. The dentist's responsibility for auxiliary personnel actions
C. Licensing of dentists
D. Tort law
MY FIRST ANSWER WAS: C (WRONG)
2)Privacy officer A ensures each patient is given and signs a copy of the office HIPAA privacy rules,
makes a point of updating the chart if there are any special privacy requirements for each patient, and
maintains a copy in the chart. Privacy officer B also makes sure each patient is given and signs a copy of
the HIPAA privacy rules, maintains a file outside the patient's dental chart that's visible to only the dental
staff, and notes any special privacy requirements for each patient. According to HIPAA regulations, which
privacy officer's procedure is acceptable?
A. Privacy officer B's procedure is acceptable.
B. Privacy officer A's procedure is acceptable.
C. Both privacy officers' procedures are acceptable.
D. Neither privacy officers' procedures is acceptable.
MY FIRST ANSWER WAS: D (WRONG)
3). Joshua is a dental assistant and receives a call from XYZ insurance company requesting a copy of
several patients' charts for an audit of the plan in which the dentist participates. He agrees to send the
information because he believes it's okay under the HIPAA. He speaks with the office manager, Mary, and
she says that the insurance company has to sign a trading-partner agreement and get each patient's specified
consent. Who would be acting correctly within the HIPAA privacy regulation?
A. Neither Mary nor Joshua
D. Both Mary and Joshua
MY FIRST ANSWER WAS: A (WRONG)
Answer this Question
- Dental Questions Check Help Please!!! - 1)Each state has a dental board of ...
- English - (mean,means)Fluoridated water.........fewer Americans are toothless ...
- math - The out-of-pocket costs to an employee for dental insurance and dental ...
- spanish - "¿A tu hermano menor le gusta ir al dentista?" "¡Cómo no! El siempre ...
- dental assisting - i need 3 statements that are fact, and 3 that are opinion on ...
- math - Dental services. The national cost C in billions of dollars for dental ...
- writing - Write about what happens during a doctor¡¯s or dentist¡¯s visit. ...
- Childhood - Two most common aspects of malnutrition in the u.s are: a) heart ...
- Health - Visit the website for Board of Medical Examiners or the State Board of ...
- dental health - why do we celebrate dental health month?