Posted by Jeffery on Thursday, August 7, 2014 at 4:35pm.
On Saturday, Alberto filled his right rear tire with air at the gas station around the block from where he lives. Three days later the tire pressure in that tire measured 26 psi (pounds per square inch). On the following Saturday, one week after he had originally filled the tire has been losing tire pressure at a constant rate since he filled the tire
What is the expression to solve for b
- math - Steve, Thursday, August 7, 2014 at 6:03pm
no idea what "b" represents.
And with only one data point, we cannot determine anything else. What was the starting pressure? Or, how much pressure did it lose each day?
Please make sure your posting accurately reflects the problem as presented, maybe with some mention of additional context, if any, as in the case of followup problems in a set.
- math - Jeffery, Thursday, August 7, 2014 at 6:12pm
Alberto filled his tire on a Saturday. Three days later the tire pressure in the tire measured 26 psi. On the following day one week after he had originally filled the tire, the tire pressure measured 18 psi.
I'm to to find b in y=-2x+b
I'm trying to solve the equation for b and substitute that value into the expression.
- math - Steve, Thursday, August 7, 2014 at 7:10pm
we have two points: (3,26) and (7,18)
You are correct that y = -2x+b
So, plug in either point. For example,
26 = -2(3)+b
26 = -6+b
b = 32
y = -2x+32
- math - Jeffery, Thursday, August 7, 2014 at 8:29pm
I am still having difficulty finding the expression
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chem 1p1 - An automobile tire at 22oC with an internal volume of 20.0L is filled...
- algebra - There is a slow leak in your bike tire. The average rate of change of ...
- Physics - Your right rear tire has to support a weight of 3000 Newtons. Normally...
- Statistics - Wrong tire pressure can increase tire wear and decrease gas mileage...
- physics - A tire with an inner volume of 0.0250 m3 is filled with air at a gauge...
- physics - driving on a hot day causes tire pressure to rise. what is the ...
- science-chemistry - a bicycle tire that has a volume of 0.85L is inflated to 140...
- Chemistry - We're doing gas problems in chemsitry. I have no idea where to even ...
- Chemistry - Calculate the mass of air in an air-filled tire and the mass of ...
- Physics - A friend asks you how much pressure is in your car tires. ...