Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, July 31, 2014 at 4:53pm.
A specially made pair of dice has only one- and two-spots on the
faces. One of the dice has three faces with one-spot and three faces with two-spot.
The other die has two faces with one-spot and four faces with a two-spot. One of the
dice is selected at random and then rolled six times. If a two-spot shows up only once,
what is the probability that it is the die with four two-spots?
- math - Damon, Thursday, July 31, 2014 at 6:15pm
First one, roll 6 times
p is a two = 1/2
p not a two = 1/2
p a two one out six rolls
= (6,1) (6!)/[(1)!(5!)] (1/2)^1(1/2)^5
= 6 (1/2)^6
p is a two = 2/3
p not a two = 1/3
p a two one out of 6 rolls
= 6 (2/3)^1 (1/3)^5
= 6 (2)/3^6
P second one / p first one = 2/3^6 /1/2^6
= 2 (2/3)^6
Now IN THIS EXPERIMENT where all other outcomes are thrown outthe probability that it is the first + the probability that it is the second = 1
P (first) + .1756 P( first) = 1
P(first) = .851
P(second) = .149
- math - colby, Thursday, October 13, 2016 at 2:35am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - A specially made pair of dice has only one- and two-spots on the faces. ...
- Math(Probability) - Let X and Y equal the outcomes when two fair six-sided dice...
- math - On a standard six-faced die,the numbers of the opposite faces always add ...
- Math - You can roll two dice at a time, a white one and a red one, and there are...
- Probablity - Two dice are tossed simultaneously. What is the probability that “...
- math - faces of alarge cube are painted 864 are painted on one face what is the ...
- probability - Two six-sided dice each have the numbers 1 through 6 on their ...
- math - If two dice are rolled and their faces noted, find each of the following ...
- maths - A die has one red face, two blue faces, and three green faces. It is ...
- Maths - Two tetrahedral dice are thrown; one is red and the other is blue . The ...