Posted by Shayna on Thursday, July 31, 2014 at 9:39am.
Ms. Sue Hi!
Im not sure if you will be able to help me with this one, since is Math homework, but this time is just to confirm if Im right
the question is:
What is 1,112,433 rounded to the nearest ten thousand?
I picked B
because based on my study guide "Rounding numbers to the nearest hundred...the digit immediately to the
right of the 1 in this case...since is
less than 5, stay the same...and all the
digits to the right of the 1 change to zeros..." that means that 1,112,433 become 1,100,000... but don't make sense to me, because if I need to pay 1,112,433 let's say 1,100,000 is less than the original amount what it makes me believe that Im wrong...or Im over thinking?
To Ms. Sue - Ms. Sue, Thursday, July 31, 2014 at 11:00am
You rounded to the nearest hundred thousand. Check this chart to find which digit is in the ten-thousands place.
To Ms. Sue - Shayna, Thursday, July 31, 2014 at 3:05pm
Im trying to open the link, but is just loading and loading...so I assumed you was trying to say that I am wrong... I'll try to open the link one more time...
Thank you Ms. Sue!
To Ms. Sue - Ms. Sue, Thursday, July 31, 2014 at 3:25pm
It just opened for me.
In this number: 123,456 >> the 2 is in the ten-thousands place.
To Ms. Sue - Shayna, Thursday, July 31, 2014 at 3:27pm
yeah opened this time...I think it was my signal or my computer... anyways...thank you I think I got it now!
To Ms. Sue - Ms. Sue, Thursday, July 31, 2014 at 4:02pm
You're welcome. :-)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- @Ms. Sue La - THANK YOU Ms. Sue you are a life saver all the time. I see some of...
- English ms. sue - ms. sue one my really good english friend also writing essay ...
- math - Sue is able to make six beaded bracelets each month. If Sue begings on ...
- math To MS.SUE - Ms sue i really want a hundred percent on one algebra test im ...
- Curiosity for Mrs.Sue - Mrs Sue, what is your worst subject since you seem to be...
- TO MS SUE - ms sue I got most of the answers but im stuck on this one, can you ...
- General Math I - Hi Ms. Sue this is Shayna here. I am writing you this time, ...
- math - I asked sue a question yesterday and don't understand the answer can you ...
- A question for Ms.Sue! :P - This is just by curiosity: Ms. Sue, have you ever ...
- Just for "Ms.Sue" - Hey, "Ms.Sue". Ms.Sue you have been very helpful. But I keep...