Posted by Alex on Monday, July 28, 2014 at 4:21pm.
Calculate the maximun=m mass of ethanol that can be made from 5.6 tonnes of ethen
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, July 28, 2014 at 5:05pm
ether ==> ethanol
Balance the equation.
mols ether = tonnes/molar mass (OK, this isn't mols but a tonne-mole but we will be consistent throughout so this is ok. If you don't do this you must convert tonnes to grams in this step and from grams back to tonnes in the last step).
Using the coefficients in the balanced equation, convert tonne-mols ether to tonne-moles ethanol).
Now convert that to tonnes ethanol by multiplying by molar mass ethanol.
- Chemistry - Anonymous, Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at 4:41am
The decomposition of NO2 at room temperature exhibits the following variation in concentration with time:
The concentration of NO2 is expressed in mol/liter, while time is expressed in seconds.
[NO2] ln[NO2] 1/[NO2] Time (s)
0.0831 -2.4877 12.03 0
0.0666 -2.7091 15.02 4.2
0.0567 -2.8700 17.64 7.9
0.0487 -3.0221 20.53 11.4
0.0441 -3.1213 22.68 15.0
a. Express the rate of decomposition of NO2 as a function of the concentration of NO2 and determine the order of reaction. (numerical response only: 1 = 1st order, 1.5 = three halves order, 2 = 2nd order, etc.)
2 - correct
b. Determine the value of the rate constant.
0.71 - correct
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - The equation for the reaction that occurs when lead(II) oxide is ...
- Rounding up and down - 1. Lily moves 0.337 tonnes of sand to make a sandpit how ...
- Chemistry - A bottle of wine contains 11.4% ethanol by volume. The density of ...
- AP Chemistry - A bottle of wine contains 12.5% ethanol by volume. The density of...
- Chemistry - Mass of unknown solution=25.671 Mass ethanol =8.243 Assuming that ...
- science - Given that 6.20 x 10^23 ethanol molecules have a mass of 46.04g ...
- CHEMISTRY MOLALITY!!!!! - A bottle of wine contains 13.1% ethanol by volume. The...
- Chemistry - The density of an aqueous solution containing 10% of ethanol (C2H5OH...
- chemistry - enzymes convert glucose M=180.2 to ethanol M=46.1 according to the ...
- chemistry - Calculate the mass ( g ) of the solute ethanol and the mass ( kg ) ...