Posted by Douglas on Sunday, July 27, 2014 at 9:03pm.
1. According to the video “Religion, War, and Violence,” Just War Theory asserts that military intervention
2. According to Glaucon, justice is based on
3. What is palliative care?
4. According to Tom Regan, what is fundamentally wrong with our current system
5. On what basis should be care about how an individual is treated?
6. Which one of these is not
a principle that can be drawn from the Categorical Imperative?
7. According to Midgley, moral isolationism
8. Because utilitarianism seeks outcomes that generate the greatest good for the greatest number, Mill believed that
9. Feminist ethics is based around which of the following ideas
10. Cady Stanton claim that men have not allowed women to pursue education because of the following reason
11. According to Foot, the violation of a negative duty involves:
12. According to Tom Regan, how does the philosophy of animal rights feel about reason and science?
13. According to Kant, the moral worth of an action:
14. What would best express Colonel Nicholson’s (Alec Guinness) view regarding what makes a soldier, as expressed in the The Bridge on the River Kwai clip?
15. According to DeGeorge, whistleblowing is morally permissible when the following condition(s) is/are met:
16. What does Singer say about finding the basis for moral duties in the “intrinsic dignity” of humanity
17. What does Tom Regan say about the cruelty/kindness approach to animal ethics?
18. Milton Friedman observes that if the same argument that advocates of corporate social responsibility say should be brought to corporate shareholders is instead brought before union members, the logical bankruptcy of the argument would be clearly evident because:
19. What does Peter Singer say about the history of liberation movements?
20. What does Tom Regan say about the abilities of humans in relation to their rights?
21. Michael Walzer argues that there is a radical distinction between war and civil life because
22. Which of the following does not happen to pigs on today’s factory farms in the “Meet Your Meat” video?
23. According to the video “Meet Your Meat”, which of the following is nottrue of how animals are slaughtered on factory farms
24. What is Peter Singer’s point about performing vivisection on mentally disabled human infants?
25. Midgley analyzes the position that each society is a separate culture with its own values. This position is known as
26. Reason is a faculty that we have that:
27. If Glaucon is correct, then justice is
28. What is speciesism?
29. A perfect duty:
30. Rachels claims that active euthanasia:
31. What moral theory does Peter Singer accept?
32. According to Foot, one is the agent of harm if and only if:
33. What does Peter Singer say about medical research on animals?
34. In the video, “Drones Are Ethical and Effective,” Kenneth Anderson argues that the use of drones is ethical because
35. Glaucon begins by claiming that “those who practice justice” do so
36. This Disney film includes racial stereotypes of Native Americans
37. According to Miller’s views on intervention, a U.S. citizen should have
38. According to Rachels, many people accept the conventional doctrine because they believe:
39. According to Cady Stanton, the least bad form of subjection of women is based in this
40. Noddings claims that the atomic bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima were
41. Foot defines a negative duty as:
42. Which of the following does not happen to pigs on today’s factory farms in the “Meet Your Meat” video?
43. How can we best understand Milton Friedman’s objection that only persons, not businesses (i.e., corporations), have responsibilities?
44. Which of the following does Tom Regan say about the utilitarian approach to animal ethics?
45. Animal rights holds to which of the following claims about animal equality?
46. Noddings claims that she rejects “essentialism.” By essentialism in the sexes, Noddings means which of the following
47. If the Ring of Gyges really existed,
48. Midgely concludes that
49. In evaluating the potential greatest good of an action, rule utilitarianism looks at
50. Animal rights holds to which of the following claims about animal equality?
- PHI 208 final exam - bobpursley, Sunday, July 27, 2014 at 9:06pm
What about the morality of cheating?
- PHI 208 final exam - John, Tuesday, August 19, 2014 at 1:04pm
- PHI 208 final exam - Anonymous, Monday, October 6, 2014 at 5:53pm
- PHI 208 final exam - susie, Sunday, November 30, 2014 at 7:24pm
According to the video “Religion, War, and Violence,” Just War Theory asserts that military intervention
can be seen as an act of altruism
must always have an altruistic component
must be primarily an act of altruism
must never have an altruistic component
- PHI 208 final exam - Anonymous, Saturday, December 6, 2014 at 5:58pm
must always have an altruist component
- PHI 208 final exam - Anonymous, Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 1:54pm
can be seen as an act altruism
Answer this Question
religion - According to the Cow (2nd sura of Qur’an), Muslims a) must not be the...
Criminal Justice - How is criminal behavior explicable according to rational ...
overview of teaching techniques - how should students be grouped to best ...
history - According to legend these people fought a long war with the people of ...
History/Ms.Sue - Thank you for that last thought. But is what I wrote pro-war. (...
statistical analysis - According to the “January theory,” if the stock market is...
phi 208 - Which businessmen, according to Friedman, are typically excluded in ...
History - Pro-war & religion. (Remember i'm against global peace) Is this right ...
bshs 402 - 1. What are four alternative theoretical approaches to personal ...
Macroeconomics - According to Classical theory, what are the appropriate fiscal ...