PHI 208 final exam
posted by Douglas on .
1. According to the video “Religion, War, and Violence,” Just War Theory asserts that military intervention
2. According to Glaucon, justice is based on
3. What is palliative care?
4. According to Tom Regan, what is fundamentally wrong with our current system
5. On what basis should be care about how an individual is treated?
6. Which one of these is not
a principle that can be drawn from the Categorical Imperative?
7. According to Midgley, moral isolationism
8. Because utilitarianism seeks outcomes that generate the greatest good for the greatest number, Mill believed that
9. Feminist ethics is based around which of the following ideas
10. Cady Stanton claim that men have not allowed women to pursue education because of the following reason
11. According to Foot, the violation of a negative duty involves:
12. According to Tom Regan, how does the philosophy of animal rights feel about reason and science?
13. According to Kant, the moral worth of an action:
14. What would best express Colonel Nicholson’s (Alec Guinness) view regarding what makes a soldier, as expressed in the The Bridge on the River Kwai clip?
15. According to DeGeorge, whistleblowing is morally permissible when the following condition(s) is/are met:
16. What does Singer say about finding the basis for moral duties in the “intrinsic dignity” of humanity
17. What does Tom Regan say about the cruelty/kindness approach to animal ethics?
18. Milton Friedman observes that if the same argument that advocates of corporate social responsibility say should be brought to corporate shareholders is instead brought before union members, the logical bankruptcy of the argument would be clearly evident because:
19. What does Peter Singer say about the history of liberation movements?
20. What does Tom Regan say about the abilities of humans in relation to their rights?
21. Michael Walzer argues that there is a radical distinction between war and civil life because
22. Which of the following does not happen to pigs on today’s factory farms in the “Meet Your Meat” video?
23. According to the video “Meet Your Meat”, which of the following is nottrue of how animals are slaughtered on factory farms
24. What is Peter Singer’s point about performing vivisection on mentally disabled human infants?
25. Midgley analyzes the position that each society is a separate culture with its own values. This position is known as
26. Reason is a faculty that we have that:
27. If Glaucon is correct, then justice is
28. What is speciesism?
29. A perfect duty:
30. Rachels claims that active euthanasia:
31. What moral theory does Peter Singer accept?
32. According to Foot, one is the agent of harm if and only if:
33. What does Peter Singer say about medical research on animals?
34. In the video, “Drones Are Ethical and Effective,” Kenneth Anderson argues that the use of drones is ethical because
35. Glaucon begins by claiming that “those who practice justice” do so
36. This Disney film includes racial stereotypes of Native Americans
37. According to Miller’s views on intervention, a U.S. citizen should have
38. According to Rachels, many people accept the conventional doctrine because they believe:
39. According to Cady Stanton, the least bad form of subjection of women is based in this
40. Noddings claims that the atomic bombing of Nagasaki and Hiroshima were
41. Foot defines a negative duty as:
42. Which of the following does not happen to pigs on today’s factory farms in the “Meet Your Meat” video?
43. How can we best understand Milton Friedman’s objection that only persons, not businesses (i.e., corporations), have responsibilities?
44. Which of the following does Tom Regan say about the utilitarian approach to animal ethics?
45. Animal rights holds to which of the following claims about animal equality?
46. Noddings claims that she rejects “essentialism.” By essentialism in the sexes, Noddings means which of the following
47. If the Ring of Gyges really existed,
48. Midgely concludes that
49. In evaluating the potential greatest good of an action, rule utilitarianism looks at
50. Animal rights holds to which of the following claims about animal equality?
What about the morality of cheating?
According to the video “Religion, War, and Violence,” Just War Theory asserts that military intervention
can be seen as an act of altruism
must always have an altruistic component
must be primarily an act of altruism
must never have an altruistic component
must always have an altruist component
can be seen as an act altruism