Posted by Jimmy on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at 2:47pm.
Of the bundles delivered daily to the store, 1/3 consists of the morning edition of The Daily Sun. Another 2 bundles are made up of the afternoon edition of the same paper. Of the remaining bundles, 1/2 is regional, one is a local newspaper, and one is from another state. How many bundles are delivered daily to the bookstore?
mathematics - Steve, Tuesday, July 22, 2014 at 7:34pm
If there are x bundles,
x/3 are morning
2 = afternoon
That leaves 2x/3 - 2, of which
x/3 - 1 are regional
1 is local
1 is out of state
Add them up to get
x/3 + 2 + x/3 - 1 + 1 + 1 = x
2x/3 +3 = x
3 = x/3
x = 9
DEEZ - NUTZ, Friday, July 31, 2015 at 10:01am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- mathematics - Of the bundles delivered daily to the store, 1/3 consists of the ...
- Math - 1. Of the bundles delivered daily to the store, 1/3 consists of the ...
- mathematics - A book seller purchased 117 books out of which 45 books of ...
- Math - lee and his family are planning a hiking trip on the Appalachian trail. ...
- microeconomics - Budget constraint 1 is faced when price food = 10 and price ...
- physics - A 10.0 m long conveyor belt, inclined at 30.0°, is used to transport ...
- Physics - A 11.5 m long conveyor belt, inclined at 30.0°, is used to transport ...
- physics - Question part Points Submissions 1 0/1 1/3 Total 0/1 A 13.0 m long ...
- Algebra - 2 people are going to cover their roof with cedar shingles. Their roof...
- MATH - DIVIDE 64 BUNDLES OF NEWSPAPERS INTO TWO GROUPS SO THE RATIO IS 3 TO 5