Posted by Imran Qureshi on Thursday, July 3, 2014 at 1:45pm.
a guy bought some fish from a farm.during 1st week 1/8 of fish died ,in next 2 weeks 3/5 of the remaining died.what fraction of the original fish died in last three weeks
arithmetic - Imran Qureshi, Thursday, July 3, 2014 at 1:46pm
i need to know the procedure and formula in detail ty
arithmetic - Steve, Thursday, July 3, 2014 at 2:11pm
After the first 1/8 died, only 7/8 were left
3/5 of those died, meaning 3/5 * 7/8 of the original number died
1/8 = 5/40
3/5 * 7/8 = 21/40
So, 26/40 = 13/20 of the fish died
arithmetic - Damon, Thursday, July 3, 2014 at 2:19pm
Never buy fish from a farm. Farmed fish is yuucky. Good fish comes from the ocean.
lets start with 40 fish
the first week 5 die so we have 35 which is 7/8 of original
after first week 7/8 or 35 remain
then in weeks two and three 3/5* 35 = 21 die so we are left with 35 -21 = 14 fish
so in those first three weeks 26 died
26/40 = 13/20
arithmetic - Imran Qureshi, Thursday, July 3, 2014 at 2:30pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science help plzzz - Multiple Choice 1. Which of the following images shows a ...
- Science - A student goes fishing in the bay.He catches a few fish and dicides to...
- college algebra - fish population: the fish population in a certain lake rises ...
- Science - Consider the researcher's experiments on the mysterious die-offs of ...
- AP Bio; PLEASE HELP! - if a fish farmer wanted to harvest his fish so that it ...
- math - john has a 25 gallon fish tank. John filled his fish tank today with 24 ...
- algebra1 - Melissa wants to figure out how many fish live in a small lake by her...
- Math - A biologist has determined that a particular osprey has a 70% chance of ...
- Algebra 2 - A biologist has determined that a particular osprey has a 70% chance...
- physics - For this question there is a picture of different size fish with ...