Posted by Austin on Saturday, June 7, 2014 at 5:10pm.
2. Two identical masses are moving down a slope. One mass is traveling twice as fast as the other mass. How does the kinetic energy of one mass compare to the other? (1 point)
The faster object has the same kinetic energy as the slower object.
The faster object has less kinetic energy than the slower object.
The faster object has twice as much kinetic energy as the slower object.
The faster object has four times as much kinetic energy as the slower object.
3. A 10.0-kg animal is running at a rate of 3.0 m/s. What is the kinetic energy of the animal? (1 point)
When a tennis ball smashes into a tennis racket, the ball temporarily changes shape as it compresses against the racket. Which type of energy is temporarily stored with the ball as it is compressed?
8. Some kayakers coat the bottom of their kayaks with wax to make them more slippery.
Kayakers wax their boats to (1 point)
reduce the work output.
reduce the weight of the kayak.
reduce their input force.
reduce the speed the boat travels in water.
9. You apply 100.0 N of force to a machine. The machine applies 20.0 N of force to the load. What is the mechanical advantage of the machine? (1 point)
10. A construction worker is using his weight to keep a stationary stack of wooden beams from falling. If the construction worker uses 689.0 N of force to hold 10 beams stationary against a wall, how much work does he do? (1 point)
11. Metal cookware often comes with plastic handles. The plastic handles (1 point)
decrease mechanical advantage.
- Science - Henry, Saturday, June 7, 2014 at 9:49pm
2. Slower object: KE = 0.5m*V^2.
Faster object: KE = 0.5m*(2V)^2 =
0.5m*4V^2/0.5m*V^2 = 4 Times.
3. KE = 0.5m*V^2
9. MA = 20/100
10. W = F*d. d = 0.
- Science - Oscar, Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 2:24pm
is number 10. A
- Science - MM, Wednesday, May 13, 2015 at 3:24pm
So what are the answers?
- Science - unknown, Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 8:01am
i do not know
- Science - morgan, Monday, November 16, 2015 at 4:03pm
are you from connexus?
- Science - Reign, Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 11:25am
I think so Morgan
- Science - That Girl, Tuesday, December 22, 2015 at 11:26am
Austin you owe us Answers
- Science - Random, Thursday, December 31, 2015 at 12:35pm
These are the correct answers for those
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - Tow masses are moving down a slope. One mass is traveling twice as ...
- science - Two identical masses are moving down a slope. One mass is traveling ...
- SCIENCE: CONNEXUS HELP! - Lesson 12: Energy Unit test Unit 3:Energy 1.The diver ...
- Physics: Three Identical Masses - Three identical masses of 640 each are placed ...
- Physics - A long thin rod of mass M = 2:00 kg and length L = 75:0 cm is free to ...
- Physics- Angular Momentum - A long thin rod of mass M=2.00 kg and length L=75.0 ...
- science - a scientist has two samples of a substance. both samples have the same...
- Angular Momentum - A long thin rod of mass M = 2.00 kg and length L = 75.0 cm is...
- physic - Two equal masses are attached to separate identical springs next to one...
- physics - Two equal masses are attached to separate identical springs next to ...