Posted by TTR+S<3 on Tuesday, June 3, 2014 at 9:07pm.
Questions 1–4 correspond to "One."
1. What is the best interpretation of the following stanza from the poem "One"?
Nobody can get into my clothes for me / or feel my fall for me, or do my running. / Nobody hears my music for me, either.
A. You cannot count on anybody else.
B. Some people just want to be left alone.
C. People do not care about other people's real feelings.*****
D. Each person has his or her own unique experiences and feelings.
2. What makes using an image of a photocopy machine an interesting choice, given the theme of this poem?
A. Photocopy machines are common objects that most people can identify and use.
B. Photocopy machines reproduce the same images, making those images the opposite of unique.
C. Photocopy machines are inanimate objects, incapable of feelings.
D. Photocopy machines are mostly used in business places.
3. Which of the following is an example of the skill of connecting?
A. The poem "One" is about valuing one's unique way of experiencing life.
B. I really like the use of repetition in the poem "One."
C. The poem reminds me of the time I learned that I don't have to be like everybody else.
D. The author mentions fingerprints because they are unique to each person.
4. The reference to mirrors to signify soulless reproduction, as opposed to originality, is an example of
B. figurative language.
True or False
5. Monitoring comprehension by rereading can be especially useful in understanding the meaning of difficult words.
The poem One is not a poetic story. It is not a story in my textbook. That's all there is to it, a random story, a random stanza. No backstory to the stanza. Sorry.
pls help asap!!!
Answer this Question
- L.A. - What is the best interpretation of the following stanza from the poem "...
- English - If there is a long written poem in only one stanza, then does that ...
- English - Can you check my paraphrase of the poem "Daffodils" by W. Wordsworth, ...
- Lang. Arts - Read the following stanza from “Alone”: Lying, thinking Last night...
- English - Can someone please tell me who she is refering to as "you" in this ...
- poetry - in the poem the legend by garrett hongo what is the aullusion at the ...
- Early Childhood Literacy - I need some input on these questions. If you feel I'm...
- SS --- one question pls help asap!!!!! - hi, pls help asap!?? one social studies...
- English - Does any one know what the poet means by these lines in this poem? "...
- English - Can someone please tell me what's the "deeper" meaning (beyond literal...