Posted by anonymous on Monday, June 2, 2014 at 5:26pm.
The t-shirts for the fundraiser will cost $4.00 to make and there is a $25.00 delivery fee. There are two sized wristbands; a large one that will cost $5.00 to make, and a small one that will cost $3.00.
1. Write an expression to represent the student council's total cost of ordering t amount of T-shirts.
t x 4.00 + 25.00?
2.If everyone who orders wristbands orders one small and one large wristband, write two equivalent expressions to represent the cost the student council will have to make to have the wristbands made.
350 + $5.00 + $3.00 (I need help with figuring out the other equivalent expression)
3. Explain how you know that the two expressions from question 2 are equivalent using mathematical terms such as product, quotient, factor, sum, and coefficient.
I need help with number two so that I can try to figure this out by my self.
- math - Steve, Monday, June 2, 2014 at 5:59pm
#1 ok, though I'd write it as
4.00t + 25.00
Lose all that "x" stuff, if for no other reason than because "x" is often used as a variable. "*" is better for explicit multiplication.
where did 350 come from? If t shirts are ordered, then t of each of the band sizes will as well, so the cost of the bands is
t(5.00+3.00) = 8.00t
the distributive property of real numbers makes sure that they are the same.
- math - anonymous, Monday, June 2, 2014 at 6:02pm
For number 2 I figured out the answer so I do not need help with that one.
- math - anonymous, Monday, June 2, 2014 at 6:05pm
350 is the amount of students that can order wristbands
- math - anonymous, Monday, June 2, 2014 at 6:36pm
For number 3 I need for help on how to do that one
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - The t-shirts for the fundraiser will cost $4.00 to make and there is a $...
- algebra - Specialty t-shirts are being sold online for $30 plus a one-time ...
- economics - Karen can make 15 wristbands and only three pot holders in one hour...
- algebra - Speciality t shirts are being sold online for $30 plus one time ...
- math - When the Senior class decided to order T-shirts, they were quoted a price...
- Math - A company charges $6 to make a pattern for an order of T-Shirts and $11 ...
- Macroeconomics - Suppose that Paulie and Vinny each can produce ice cream or t-...
- business - Suppose that Paulie and Vinny each can produce ice cream or t-shirts...
- math - You make a purchase at a local hardware store, but what you've bought is ...
- Math - The cost for a business to make greeting cards can be divided into one-...