Posted by Mstv on Sunday, June 1, 2014 at 6:16pm.
1. Which of the following sets of terms could be used in a description of the peripheral nervous system?
A. motor neuron, interneuron, sensory neuron
B. brain, sensory neuron, myelin
C. interneuron, spinal cord, autonomic
D. somatic, brain, spinal cord
2. Which of the following is not a function of the human nervous system?
A. regulating heartbeat
B. listening to music
C. moving oxygen from air into the blood
D. signaling the diaphragm to contract
3. Which of the following correctly describes how nerve impulses move throughout the body?
A. electrical transmission through neurons and electrical transmission between neurons
B. chemical transmission through neurons and chemical transmission between neurons
C. chemical transmission through neurons and electrical transmission between neurons
D. electrical transmission through neurons and chemical transmission between neurons
4. An external event stimulates a sensory nerve, which transmits a signal to an interneuron in the spinal cord. This stimulates a motor neuron, which stimulates a muscle to contract. Which of the following terms applies to the sequence of events described above?
A. voluntary motion
C. somatic response
5. A person wakes from sleep, hears a strange noise downstairs, and becomes alarmed. Which of the following describes the corresponding events taking place in his nervous system?
A. motor neurons spinal cord brain
B. brain motor neurons
C. brain spinal cord sensory neurons
D. sensory neurons spinal cord brain.
- Science - PsyDAG, Monday, June 2, 2014 at 2:37pm
Answer this Question
Science help. - 1. The ___ is the outer, thinnest layer of your skin, which ...
Q&A Check Please, science 7th grade - An impulse is sent from the motor neuron ...
Science URGENT~ - 1. Your ____ is your first line of defense against pathogens...
Psychology/Science - Ms.Sue you helped me with the pictures of neurons yesterday...
Plz Help. I am lost!!!Human Anatomy and Physiology - 1. Macroscopic Neurology – ...
bio - Action potentials are generated along a neuron because __________. [Hint...
Science--check my answers. - 1. Which of the following effects would you expect...
schwann cells - are they found in central nervous system are they found in ...
Check + biology - The following statement describes, in random order, events ...
Check my answers? thank you. - 1. Which of the following effects would you ...