Posted by fizz on Saturday, May 31, 2014 at 11:10pm.
During a Merdeka Day celebration,a furniture company marked down the price of a queen size bed by 25%,selling it for $1200. At this reduced selling price,they made a markup of 10% on the selling price.
a) find the regular price of bed before marked down.
b) find the cost of bed.
c) what is the percentage of markup on the selling price of the bed would that furniture company has made if the bed is sold at its regular price
math(urgent) - Steve, Sunday, June 1, 2014 at 6:19am
.75p = 1200, so the original price p=1600
Since the profit was 10% of 1200, the cost was 1080.
At 1600, the profit would be 520, or 32.5% of the selling price.
I gotta admire you syntax on that (c) part. That simply cannot be how the question was worded . . .
math(urgent) - fizz, Sunday, June 1, 2014 at 6:46am
i try do part c in two method but i don't which one is true..
what do you think ?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - A retail outlet purchased 300 printers at a list price of $100 less 7%, ...
- Marketing Math - markup/mark down - A clothing retailer purchased a line of fall...
- Business math - A store had 896 swimsuits that were marked to sell at $46.99. ...
- Business Math - A furniture store sells recliners at a 70% mark-up (based on ...
- math..percents - Craig wants to buy some software for his computer. The company ...
- Math - A clothing retailer purchased a line of fall leather coats which were ...
- Math "Need Help Asap"! - "Find each percent of markup?" 5.)Store's cos:$26 ...
- Mathematics - A company sold garden hoses at a reduced price of $6.52 and took ...
- object oriented programming - Write a program to compute discount percentage ...
- math - markup rate base on selling price =22%; markup =$270. find the selling ...