Posted by RandomMan on Friday, May 30, 2014 at 8:31pm.
The number of apples in an apple tree after subtracting by 6, multiplying by 6, dividing by 6, in that calculating order, equals 6. How many apples are on the tree?
Please help me with another :(
There is a box of books. Alex takes one more than half the number of the books. Bob takes 2 more than half of the remaining books in the box; Carrie takes 3 more than half of the remaining books in the box. There are still 3 books left in the box. How many books were there in the beginning?
- Math HELP - RandomMan, Friday, May 30, 2014 at 8:32pm
Sorry, I don't understand it.
- Please help me! This is urgent - RandomMan, Friday, May 30, 2014 at 8:47pm
I'm really gonna need help :(
- Math HELP - Steve, Saturday, May 31, 2014 at 12:26am
Just read the words and write as symbols.
The number of apples in an apple tree
after subtracting by 6,
multiplying by 6,
dividing by 6,
(n-6)*6/6 = 6
n-6 = 6
n = 12
books = x
a = x/2 + 1
b = (x-a)/2 + 2
c = (x-a-b)/2 + 3
x-a-b-c = 3
make all the right substitutions, and you wind up with
x = 58
a = 30
b = 16
c = 9
Answer this Question
- math - There are 50 apple trees in an orchard, and each tree produces an average...
- math - There are 2 apples on a tree. You take away 1 apple. How many apples do ...
- HELLLPPPPPPPP!!!!!! - Write an equation to solve the following problem. During ...
- Pre-Algebra - Write an equation to solve the following problem. During the ...
- Calculus - There are 50 apple trees in an orchard, and each tree produces an ...
- business calculas - An apple orchard has an average yield of 38 bushels of ...
- math - A bag contains 5 red and 4 green apples. Michael takes one apple at ...
- algebra - A black snake lies at the base of an apple tree and a cat is climbing ...
- math - your are making apple pie for a school fund raiser you have 4 baskets of ...
- physics - Bert is standing on a ladder picking apples in his father's orchard. ...