Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, May 29, 2014 at 4:10pm.
1. Which of the following is the most effective way to preserve biodiversity?
A) Captive breeding
B) Habitat destruction
C) Habitat preservation<----
D) Habitat fragmentation
2. A county commissioner wants to reduce the amount of waste sent to the local landfill. Which of the following would result in the greatest reduction?
a) Composting food waste
b) Recycling glass, plastics, and metals
c) Reusing rubber, leather, and textiles in new products
d) Planting more trees in forests
3) Which of the following reduces water pollution?
a) Building more coal mines
b) Creating more paved surfaces
c) Using more biodegradable products<-------
d) Using more fertilizers in farming
4) Which of the following describes a use of renewable energy?
a) Using natural gas to heat a house <-------
b) Using a windmill to grind grain
c) Using petroleum to run a car
d) Using coal to generate electricity
5) A factory wants to build a big tank to store chemicals. The tank will be near a river. Which of the following is a possible result of building a chemical tank?
a) The chemicals from the facility would not have any effect on the environment
b) The chemicals will pollute the river and harm organisms in it. <------
6) Which of the following illustrates how fossil fuels can be conserved?
a) Driving more frequently
b) Developing more coal-burning power plants
c) Reducing electricity use <--------
d) Cutting down trees to build more houses
Answer this Question
- Science help PWEASEEEE - Which of the following is the most effective way to ...
- science - Which of the following is the most effective way to preserve ...
- Science - Which of the following is the most effective way to preserve ...
- Science - Which of the following ways is the most effective to preserve ...
- check my science hw please. - 30. Laws can help endangered species by ...
- Biology - Acid rain changes the PH of soil, killing some trees. This is an ...
- university colloquium - Find, explain, and describe examples of human behavior ...
- science - Why is it important to preserve biodiversity? A. Preservation of ...
- Biology - Please explain briefly about the difference between the words '...
- Science - There are many human-caused losses of biodiversity, such as habitat ...