Posted by Victoria on Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 11:09am.
Find any excluded values of each rational expression.
1. t - 1/ t^2 - t
A: Excluded value: 1.
Simplify each rational expression, if possible. Identify any excluded values.
A: 2x; x ≠ 2
3. 2n/n^2 - 3n
4. s + 1/s^2 - 4s - 5
5. 12 - 3x/x^2 - 8x + 16
- Algebra 1--Please, help me! - Steve, Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 12:36pm
#1 also t=0, since t^2-t = t(t-1)
The original expression must be examined for excluded values.
(t-1)/(t^2-t) = 1/t, so t≠0. But dividing top and bottom by t-1 to get there means that t≠1, because you cannot divide by zero.
#2 huh? There is no x-2 in the denominator.
2n / n(n-3) = 2/(n-3), x≠0,3
Same as #1 for logic.
(s+1) / (s+1)(s-5)
3(4-x) / (x-4)^2 = -3/(x-4), x≠4
Answer this Question
- Algebra 1--Please, help me! - 1. Mr. Lui wrote 15 - 5x/x^2 - 9x + 18. a. Explain...
- Algebra 1 - 1. Mr. Lui wrote 15 - 5x/x^2 - 9x + 18. a. Explain what kind of ...
- Algebra 1 - 1. What is the excluded value for the rational expression x^2 - 4/3x...
- Math 222 - find the domain of each rational expression in set notation. x^2-36 ...
- Algebra - Simplifing rational expressions Simplify the expression & state any ...
- Algebra ll - X^2 - 25/2 AND 37/K^2-K-30 I really need help with these two ...
- algebra 1 - Simplify the rational expressions,if possible.State the excluded ...
- math - need to simplify the rational expression plus find the excluded value 3c+...
- algebra - consider the function f(x)=9/x and g(x)=9/x find f(g)x))and any values...
- Algebra 1 - What is the excluded value of the rational expression? 2x+6 / 4x-8