Posted by I NEED HELP FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on Monday, May 26, 2014 at 11:29am.
Which statement explains why Britain became a part of the Roman Empire much later than nearby Gaul?
A. Mountains near the coast of Gaul were an obstacle.
B. Rome was not interested in local resources from Britain.
C. Fierce tribes in Britain held of Roman soldiers for many years.
D. The channel of water between Britain and Gaul was an obstacle.
- history - Ms. Sue, Monday, May 26, 2014 at 11:36am
I'll be glad to check your answer.
- history - bobpursley, Monday, May 26, 2014 at 11:45am
One can argue both C and D, but I think the better answer is C. The tribes were not so fierce, as they were non-supportive of Rome, except for trade, which they did. The friendliness of each tribe varied, depending on the chieftan, and his ties to the Celtics.
And, until AD 39, Rome was not all that interested in conquering.
I would go with Answer C as the single best answer, albeit I have issues with the "fierce" label. Gaulist tribes were much more fierce.
- history - Writeacher, Monday, May 26, 2014 at 11:50am
I'd go with D.
- history - Writeacher, Monday, May 26, 2014 at 12:25pm
... or maybe B.
Best read up!!
- history - misty, Monday, May 26, 2014 at 1:36pm
d they would have to go across the channel
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- History - Which statment explains why Britain became a part of the Roman Empire ...
- World History - What impact did Emperor Constantine's establishment of the “New ...
- k12 - Which statement about Charlemagne's achievements is not true? A. He waged...
- 10th grade History - What were Caesar's reasons for attacking Gaul? (Be Specific...
- history - Gaul is the Roman term for what modern country?
- world history - 16. After the death of Theodosius, the eastern part of the Roman...
- History - What was the name of the people who settled Gaul that became modern ...
- WorldHistory - Check? What are the three ways that civilization in western ...
- World Civilizations - What evidence suggests that Roman society was more stable ...
- Social Studies - This is for a Latin class, but as it has nothing to do with the...