Posted by KC on Sunday, May 25, 2014 at 1:05pm.
Helping grandson with math. I would like to know how to do it before he does.
"How many different rectangles can be made with a perimeter of 20 units? (Remember, a square is also a rectangle.)"
- Math - Damon, Sunday, May 25, 2014 at 1:16pm
I assume you mean with integer lengths
L + w = 10
L = 5, w = 5 as you said
L = 6, w = 4
L = 7, w = 3
L = 8, w = 2
L = 9, w = 1
the ones with w>L do not count because they are indistinguishable from the ones we have now. , So, 5.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 2nd grade math - If you have a rectangle with 24 square units 3 lines down 8 ...
- math - Explain why it is possible to draw more than two different rectangles ...
- math - How many rectangles can be made with a perimeter of 10 units
- Sixth Grade Math - Three different rectangles have an are of 28 square units. ...
- math - Draw different rectangles with the perimeter of 12 units
- Math - How do you Draw and label 2 different rectangles each with a perimeter of...
- math - The length of a rectangle is 2 times its width and its perimeter is 42 cm...
- math - Draw two different rectangles. Each rectangle should have a perimeter of ...
- math - how many different rectangles have an area of 5 square units?
- Math - A square and four congruent rectangles are arranged in a larger square. ...