Posted by kelsey on Friday, May 23, 2014 at 5:22pm.
1. Mandy kept track of the trade-in value of a collector’s coin for several months through February of this year. She determined the line of best fit for the data was y = 4x + 12, where y is the trade-in value, in dollars, x months after February of this year. According to the equation, when will the trade-in value of the coin be $44?
a) December of the same year
b) October of the same year
c) April of the following year
d) June of the following year
2. Two sides of a triangle have lengths of 8 inches and 12 inches. Which could be the length of the third side?
3.Dino used three pieces of string to make a model of a triangle in art class. The lengths of two of the pieces of string were 3 inches and 8 inches. Which could be the length in inches of the third piece of string Dino used?
4. A figure is dilated with the center at the origin and a scale factor of 1/4. Which statement is true?
a)The coordinates are decreased by 4.
b)The coordinates are increased by 4.
c)The coordinates are multiplied by 4.
d)The coordinates are divided by 4.
5. Shara's new lawn sprinkler watered a circular area with three times the radius of the old sprinkler. How many times greater was the area watered by the new sprinkler than the area watered by the old sprinkler?
6.How many x-intercepts does the graph of the equation below have ?
y = 2x^2 - x - 3
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - 1. Mandy kept track of the trade-in value of a collector’s coin for ...
- math help pls pls - You suspect that the spiciness of food served in a ...
- algebra 1 question please help - You use a line of best fit for a set of data to...
- Algebra 1- Just one question please :) - You use a line of best fit for a set of...
- math - I don't understand this problem at all. It involves finding the line of ...
- Math (Mrs. Sue, please help?) - Describe how you can make the line of best fit. ...
- Algebra - You use a line of best fit for a set of data to make a prediction ...
- Algebra 1 - You use a line of best fit for a set of data to make a prediction ...
- Algebra - 1.you use in line to best fit the set of data to make a prediction ...
- Chemistry - Given data collected for a liquid. Equilibrium vapor pressure in ...