Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 9:03pm.
You want to determine the average number of songs people keep on their MP3 players. You want to collect data from a random sample of at least 300. Which of these would be the most valid method of collecting data?
a. Survey students coming in and out of your school cafeteria.
b. Survey an equal number of students, teachers, parents, and grandparents.
c. Survey the residents in a retirement community.
d. Survey the people coming in and out of the grocery store on a Sunday morning.
I think it's D. But I'm not sure.
Math - Anonymous, Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 9:06pm
Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 9:08pm
I don't like any of those choices.
How many young people go to the grocery store on Sunday morning?
B is the best way of getting a random sample. However, you'd probably get a "HUH?" from older people.
Math - Anonymous, Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 9:10pm
Hehe, thanks Ms. Sue. Your the best! :D
Math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 9:12pm
You're very welcome. :-)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - You want to determine the average number of songs people keep on their...
- multiple choice economics - Advances in technology have reduced the cost of ...
- algebra - Solve by using a system of equations. The number x of MP3 players a ...
- Math - Heidi conducted a survey in her neighborhood to determine the restaurant ...
- Math - A coach is collecting a fee from each player on her soccer team. She ...
- Math - A retail store purchases mp3 players for $33 and then sells the same mp3...
- MTH- STAT 201 - Can someone please help how to solve this I keep getting the ...
- Statics - You suspect that, on the average, professional baseball players are ...
- Math Algebra - TechWiz Electronics makes a profit of $35 for each MP3 player ...
- chemistry assignment - A laboratory instructor gives a sample of amino acids ...