Posted by Ryan on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 8:40pm.
Even if you know only some of them please help!
1. Give a proof of the following:
(∀F)( (P)( [ιxGx][Px] ⊃ F(P) ) ⊃ F(G))
(∃F)( (P)( F(P) ≡ [ιxGx][Px])
2. Prove the following:
[ιxMx][Thales believed that Bx]
Therefore, [ιxEx][Thales believed that Bx]
3. Prove the following:
Kepler Believed that (9 > 7)
(∃x)( (z)(Pz ≡ z=x) • x = 9)
Therefore, (∃x)( (z)(Pz ≡ z=x) • Kepler believed that (x>7))
a) The fastest man on Earth is not superman. Mx: x is a man; Fxy: x is faster than y; Sx: x lives on Earth but was born on Krypton. (Express it first with scope markers and then translate. There are two scopes.)
b) Pegasus is not equal to Pegasus. Px: x is winged and a horse. (Express first with scope markers and then translate. There are two scopes.)
c) Oedipus believed that Jocasta was not his mother. (Hint: Oedipus is famous for marrying his mother Jocasta, not knowing she is his mother. Give a primary scope occurrence for the description of Jocasta as “the mother of Oedipus.” Pxy: x gave birth to y; Ox: x is most famous topic of psychoanalysis. “Jocasta” is replaced by “the mother of Oedipus,” which is (ιx)[ιyOy][Pxy].
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Symbolic Logic - Even if you know only some of them please help! 1. Give a proof...
- CHEMISTRY - I'm in the same class as Catie, and we're working on the same lab; ...
- calculus - If f(x) = ι(x2 - 8)ι, how many numbers in the interval 0 ...
- Symbolic Logic - 1. ((∀x-Fx v ∀xGx) v -(∀xKx → -∃y...
- philosophy logic - Natural Deduction Proof Help? Having trouble with these two 1...
- Logic - Having trouble with these two 1. 1 ~J 2 (B ⊃ M) ⊃ (~J ⊃...
- calculus - If f(x) is differentiable for the closed interval [-3, 2] such that f...
- Math - Can you help me ? I need to figure formula if I have $2023.60 what ...
- Math - υиιт яαтє: 40 ¢м σ...
- math - 100*953*91.542=