Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 1:20am.
A ball is thrown from an initial height of 2 meters with an initial upward velocity of 25m/s. The ball's height h (in meters) after t seconds is given by the following.
Find all values of t for which the ball's height is 12 meters.
Round your answer(s) to the nearest hundredth.
- Algebra - Steve, Wednesday, May 14, 2014 at 5:44am
h(t) = 2+25t-4.9t^2
2+25t-4.9t^2 = 12
t= 0.44 and 4.66 seconds
- Algebra - Jenny, Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 7:06pm
To find when the ball's height is
meters, we substitute
and solve for
In order to solve for
, we first rewrite the equation in the form
Next, we use the quadratic formula to solve for
Our equation has
We use these values in the formula.
We get that
can be either of two values to solve the equation.
Rounding these values to the nearest hundredth, we get
So, the ball's height is
meters at approximately
seconds (on its way up) or
seconds (on its way down).
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - The height(H) of an object that has been dropped or thrown in the air is ...
- College algebra - When a ball is thrown up into the air, it makes the shape of a...
- Math - The height(h) of an object that has been dropped or thrown in the air is...
- Algebra 1 - A ball is thrown upward with an initial velocity of 35 meters per ...
- Math Help (URGENT X10) - This is really urgent so please please please help. The...
- Algebra - When a ball is thrown up into the air, it makes the shape of a ...
- algebra - A ball is thrown upward with an initial velocity of 14 meters per ...
- college - A blue ball is thrown upward with an initial speed of 19.8 m/s, from ...
- math - A ball is thrown upward with an initial velocity of 35 meters per second ...
- Algebra - The height, in meters, of a projectile can be modeled by h= -4.9t^2 + ...