Posted by Matt on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 10:29pm.
can you help answer this question please; four algebra formulas for Amadeus traveled 760 miles in twice the time it took his nemesis Salieri to travel 220 miles. if Amadeus"s rate exceeded Salieri's by 40 miles per hour, what were the rate and time for each man?
- Algebra II - Devron, Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 10:51pm
Substitute into equations and solve:
Solving for T2:
Plug into equation 2 and solve for R2:
220 miles=R2*[380 miles/(R2+40)]
220 miles*R2+8,800 miles=R2*380 miles
160 miles*R2=8,800 miles
Solve for other variables using the two equations or the T and R equations:
T2=220 miles/R2=R=220 miles/55=4 Hr
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra Help - A motorist was to travel from town A to town B, a distance of 80 ...
- Algebra - Norman traveled 261 miles on a trip to bates. The trip took 4 1/2 ...
- Math - The relationship between the speed of travel and the distance traveled ...
- algebra - DRT problem A bicyclist travels 20 miles per hour faster than a walker...
- math,algebra - can someone just set up the equations for me for this problem. ...
- Algebra - A motorist was to travel from town A to town B, a distance of 80 miles...
- algebra - A train can travel 280 miles in the same time that it takes a car to ...
- Math- Algebra - A motorist was to travel from town A to town B, a distance of 80...
- math - explain how to write 20 miles divided by 4 hours as a unit rate If that's...
- math - last year bill traveled 6,589 miles on business. Donna traveled 4,309 ...