Posted by Princess Anna on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 11:44am.
1. Which of the following best explains why it is necessary for the body to eliminate waste?
to allow the body to maintain a certain size
to keep the bodyís internal environment in balance
to make room for nutrients coming in ***
to reduce unpleasant odors
2. What happens to the body if the urinary system no longer functions?
The body cannot fight infections.
Toxic cellular waste builds up. ***
Nutrients cannot reach cells.
Oxygen cannot reach cells.
3. Which of the following displays the correct order of structures
urine passes through as it is processed by the urinary system?
nephron, ureter, urinary bladder, urethra
ureter, urinary bladder, nephron, urethra
urinary bladder, urethra, nephron, ureter***
urethra, nephron, ureter, urinary bladder
. Which word or phrase below best describes the function of the urinary bladder?
storage tank ***
5. If a personís kidneys fail, why is he or she hooked up to a dialysis machine?
to add chemicals to the blood not being supplied by the kidneys
to test the blood for signs of disease
to remove wastes building up in the blood ***
to add blood cells for enhancement of oxygen transport to body cells
6. The following set of terms could be used to describe which system in the human body?
ventricle, hemoglobin, plasma
7. Suppose a patient comes in to see a physician. This patient lacks the ability to keep warm
and needs to wear heavy clothing even during mild temperatures. Which system of this patientís body should
the physician be concerned about?
8. Which of the following systems is not directly involved in the bodyís regulation of water?
- I don't know - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 12:30pm
You might get a faster response if you followed directions and typed your school subject in the appropriate box.
- Plz, Ms.Sue/anyone check my answers? - Savannah, Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 4:07pm
Hey there! All answers are correct except for the 3rd question that answer should be a. nephron, ureter, urinary bladder, urethra.
Urine is first produced and goes through the nephron, a small filtering structure found in the kidneys that removes wastes from blood and produces urine. Then, it goes through the ureter, a narrow tube that carries urine from one of the kidneys to the bladder. Then, it goes through the urinary bladder, a sack-like muscular organ that stores urine until it is eliminated from the body. Finally the urethra, a small tube through which urine leaves the body transports the urine out of the body.
Hope this helped! :)
Answer this Question
Science Easy 2 Points! - Which of the following best explains why it is ...
Science - Which of the following best explains why it is necessary for the body...
Plz, check my answers. - 1. Which of the following is not a function of the ...
7th grade health please Ms. Sue? - Hi! Sorry, I don't know what subjects you ...
medical - For each body system, identify which body approach(es) might best be ...
Language of HealthCare - Complete the following matrix. For each body system, ...
fitness - VO2max is related to which one of the following choices? A. The ...
languages - Complete the following matrix. For each body system, identify which ...
Science Check Answers? - Which of the following best summarizes the function of ...
Science - Which of the following is the minimum level of structure needed to ...