Posted by Princess Anna on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 11:44am.
1. Which of the following best explains why it is necessary for the body to eliminate waste?
to allow the body to maintain a certain size
to keep the body’s internal environment in balance
to make room for nutrients coming in ***
to reduce unpleasant odors
2. What happens to the body if the urinary system no longer functions?
The body cannot fight infections.
Toxic cellular waste builds up. ***
Nutrients cannot reach cells.
Oxygen cannot reach cells.
3. Which of the following displays the correct order of structures
urine passes through as it is processed by the urinary system?
nephron, ureter, urinary bladder, urethra
ureter, urinary bladder, nephron, urethra
urinary bladder, urethra, nephron, ureter***
urethra, nephron, ureter, urinary bladder
. Which word or phrase below best describes the function of the urinary bladder?
storage tank ***
5. If a person’s kidneys fail, why is he or she hooked up to a dialysis machine?
to add chemicals to the blood not being supplied by the kidneys
to test the blood for signs of disease
to remove wastes building up in the blood ***
to add blood cells for enhancement of oxygen transport to body cells
6. The following set of terms could be used to describe which system in the human body?
ventricle, hemoglobin, plasma
7. Suppose a patient comes in to see a physician. This patient lacks the ability to keep warm
and needs to wear heavy clothing even during mild temperatures. Which system of this patient’s body should
the physician be concerned about?
8. Which of the following systems is not directly involved in the body’s regulation of water?
- I don't know - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 12:30pm
You might get a faster response if you followed directions and typed your school subject in the appropriate box.
- Plz, Ms.Sue/anyone check my answers? - Savannah, Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 4:07pm
Hey there! All answers are correct except for the 3rd question that answer should be a. nephron, ureter, urinary bladder, urethra.
Urine is first produced and goes through the nephron, a small filtering structure found in the kidneys that removes wastes from blood and produces urine. Then, it goes through the ureter, a narrow tube that carries urine from one of the kidneys to the bladder. Then, it goes through the urinary bladder, a sack-like muscular organ that stores urine until it is eliminated from the body. Finally the urethra, a small tube through which urine leaves the body transports the urine out of the body.
Hope this helped! :)
- Plz, Ms.Sue/anyone check my answers? - Rose, Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 4:55pm
Actually, i did this same test, and the answer for the first question is B.
- Plz, Ms.Sue/anyone check my answers? - mary, Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 11:01am
what are the answers I need to know! I am freaking out!
- Virtual School - Alina, Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 10:18am
- Plz, Ms.Sue/anyone check my answers? - Marija Dacosta, Monday, November 2, 2015 at 10:36am
All of Alina answers are right!
- Plz, Ms.Sue/anyone check my answers? - smile, Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 3:55pm
Good job Alina I checked over your answers they look great.
- Plz, Ms.Sue/anyone check my answers? - hannah, Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 2:46pm
all of Alina answers were right i got a 100
good job and thx
- Plz, Ms.Sue/anyone check my answers? - nichyla, Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 7:58pm
I did this test got ten out of ten
- Plz, Ms.Sue/anyone check my answers? - hi, Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 1:15am
nichla is 100% right
- Plz, Ms.Sue/anyone check my answers? - #SMART ALERT#, Thursday, January 21, 2016 at 7:57am
YES THX ALIANA AND NICHLAS WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I GOT AN A+ ON MY GRADE OH YEA IM SMART WUP WUP IMM SMART!!!!
- Plz, Ms.Sue/anyone check my answers? - Real Answers, Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 8:33pm
You guys are all wrong
THe answers are actually:
Did their answers and got it wrong!!!
- Plz, Ms.Sue/anyone check my answers? - Cool guy, Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 6:50pm
Guys the real answers's answers are incorrect nichaya is correct got 10/10
- Plz, Ms.Sue/anyone check my answers? - Just Me:), Friday, February 5, 2016 at 1:35pm
Real Answers^^^^ is wrong...nichyla and Alina are right!
- Plz, Ms.Sue/anyone check my answers? - Someone Helpful, Monday, March 7, 2016 at 12:00pm
- Plz, Ms.Sue/anyone check my answers? - Anonymous, Monday, March 14, 2016 at 3:13pm
REAL ANSWERS is wrong alina and the others have the right answers
- Plz, Ms.Sue/anyone check my answers? - Ben, Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 11:00am
They are right Nichyla and Alina are the only ones who are correct! THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!
- Plz, Ms.Sue/anyone check my answers? - Dani, Monday, October 10, 2016 at 3:04pm
@Alina @nichyla Thanks! Your answers were correct so I got to check my work and got 100%! @Real Answers Hey dude, hate to tell ya but I think you have the wrong lesson. :-/
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science 1 question - Which of the following best explains why it is necessary ...
- Science Easy 2 Points! - Which of the following best explains why it is ...
- Science - Which of the following best explains why it is necessary for the body...
- Science - Removing Waste 1) Which of the following best explains why it is ...
- Plz, check my answers. - 1. Which of the following is not a function of the ...
- 7th grade health please Ms. Sue? - Hi! Sorry, I don't know what subjects you ...
- medical - For each body system, identify which body approach(es) might best be ...
- Check My Answers for Science! - 1: Which of the following is the minimum level ...
- Language of HealthCare - Complete the following matrix. For each body system, ...
- fitness - VO2max is related to which one of the following choices? A. The ...