Posted by what on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 at 10:33am.
1. Why did Harry Briggs and other parents sue the Summerton School District?
A. They believed black schools weren't equal to white schools, so the schools should be integrated***
B. The state did not want to equalize the school work done by white and black schools
C. They wanted to prevent the school district from integrating black and white
D. The state refused to consider the question of school integration
2. The Briggs v. Elliot case found that
A. Schools can be segregated and do not have to be equal
B. Schools can be segregated as long as they are equal***
C. Schools must be integrated
D. Busing should not be used to integrate schools
3. Brown vs. Board of Education found that separate is NOT
4. The Southern Manifesto
A. Called for integration
B. defended segregation***
C. prohibited blacks from voting
D. attracted visitors to the South
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social studies - what was common in new england but not in other colonies? Dame ...
- Social studies - what was the town common in new england but not in other ...
- English - Which of the following is the best version of a thesis statement about...
- AED 200 - Identify the roles district, state, and federal government agencies ...
- 200 - Most public schools are supported financially by district, state, and ...
- social studies - what role does district, state and federal governement have on ...
- Public and Private schools - Could I know the difference between these two ...
- statistics - You think that the best sampling strategy is stratified sampling. ...
- math x - 8. The Chicago Public School system has about 680 schools. About 130 of...
- math statistic - The Chicago Public School system has about 680 schools. About ...