Posted by Kimberly :( on Monday, May 5, 2014 at 5:36pm.
1) Which of the following statements is/are CORRECT?
1. Naturally occurring isotopes account for only a small fraction of known radioactive isotopes.
2. A few radioactive isotopes with long half-lives, such as U-235 and U-238, are found in nature.
3. Trace quantities of some short-lived radioactive isotopes, such as C-14, are found in nature because they are formed continuously by nuclear reactions.
a. 1 only
b. 2 only
c. 3 only
d. 1 and 2
e. 1, 2, and 3
2) Ions such as [Co(H2O)6]3+ and [Ag(CN)2]– are called ____.
b. Lewis bases
e. coordination complexes
3) All of the following molecules or ions can act as polydentate ligands EXCEPT ____.
a. phenanthroline; C12H8N2
b. acetylacetate ion; CH3COCHCOCH3–
c. oxalate ion; C2O42–
d. ethylenediamine; H2NCH2CH2NH2
e. dimethylamine; (CH3)2NH2
4) What is the coordination number of the central metal ion in [Cr(en)2(OH)2]NO3? (en = H2NCH2CH2NH2)
5) What is the name of the compound having the formula [Cr(en)2(H2O)2]SO4?
a. dihydroxydiethlyenediamminechromate(... sulfate
c. bis(ethylenediamine)diaquachromium(I... sulfato
e. diaquabis(ethylenediamine)chromium(I... sulfate
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- CHEMISTRY HELP !!!! - Which of the following statements is/are CORRECT? 1. ...
- CHEMISTRY HELP ! Check Please! - Calculate the cell potential, at 25 C, based ...
- chemistry - Gallium is a metal with a wide variety of uses. Some of its ...
- chemistry - there are 3 naturally occurring stable isotopes of oxygen:O-16,O-17...
- Algebra - Two different radioactive isotopes decay to 10% of their respective ...
- Chemistry - Copper is composed of two naturally occurring isotopes: Cu−63...
- science - Which statement best explains why dating geologic materials from the ...
- Chemistry - Naturally occurring copper is a mixture of two isotopes. One of ...
- Chemistry - Which of the following statements about isotopes is/are true? a. ...
- Chemistry - Which radioactive sample would contain the greatest remaining mass ...