Posted by Darcell on Monday, May 5, 2014 at 4:35pm.
Presidents often resort to the use of White House “czars” because
- American Government - Ms. Sue, Monday, May 5, 2014 at 4:37pm
What are your choices? What is your answer?
Do you know what a czar is?
- American Government - Darcell, Monday, May 5, 2014 at 4:50pm
Here are the choices:
-they possess great wisdom.
-they are often dissatisfied with bureaucratic performance.
-they want to be Senators.
-they have better relations with Congress.
And a czar is any top-level presidential appointee who does not have to face confirmation by the US Senate, but whose policy decisions have a significant impact on how the administration occupying the White House charts its national course.
- American Government - bobpursley, Monday, May 5, 2014 at 4:50pm
It is often that white house aides/advisors run things because
a) it is too difficult to get a czar like person approved for congress for cabinet level positions
b) often the job description cuts across govt departments, and getting congress to change organization is almost impossible
c. Presidential aides who are czars are immune from Congressional oversight because of the separation of powers between President, congress.
and other reasons. Most often it is a combination of all three of these reasons.
- American Government - Darcell, Monday, May 5, 2014 at 5:03pm
My answer was a) they possess great wisdom
Is that correct?
- American Government - Ms. Sue, Monday, May 5, 2014 at 5:14pm
I'm too cynical to accept that answer. How about being able to get things done without a lot of bureaucracy?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- American History - Presidents often resort to the use of White House “czars” ...
- pol201 - Presidents often resort to the use of white house czars because?
- American History - The reason that the President is called the Commander-in-...
- American Government - All of the following serve at the pleasure of the ...
- american government - which of the following generalizations about the role of ...
- Government - The most powerful position in the White House Office is usually the...
- POL 201 American National Government - 1) Presidents often seek to control the ...
- geometry - Determine which if any of the three statements are equivalent. Give a...
- American Government - Which of the following is part of an issue network ...
- Government US - The constitutional provision that federal judges and justices ...