Posted by Lucas on Monday, May 5, 2014 at 12:39am.
Peter has a cylindrical block of wood od diameter 6 cm and height 18 cm. He glues the base to a board, but wants to paint the rest of the block. He wants to paint the bottom half of the wood black and the top half white.
a) Calculate the surface area of the block that Peter will paint black.
b) Calculate the surface area of the block that Peter will paint white.
The black paint will cost Peter $0.03 for every 12 cm^2 painted and the white paint will cost Peter $0.04 for every 15 cm^2 painted.
c) If b represents the area of the black surface and w represents the white surface, write an expression for the cost C of painting the block in terms of b and w.
d) Calculate the value of C for Peter's block.
e) Determine whether or not Peter could paint his entire block white for less than or equal to $1.00.
Please could you help me check my answer please, please??
area of circle C= 18.849 cm
area of rectange 9x18.849 = 170 cm^2
169.641 + 28.274 = 198 cm^2
c) C= b(0.03/12) + w(0.04/15)
d)value of block is:
169,641 x0.03 $ / 12 = 0.42 $
197.901 X 0.04 $/ 15 = 0.527736 $
0.42 + 0.527736 = 0.947736 $
Peter could paint his entire block less than to $1.oo.
Thak you so much for checking and helping:)))
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math urgent please - Petr has a cylindrical block of wood od diameter 6 cm and ...
- math - Peter has a cylindrical block of wood od diameter 6 cm and height 18 cm. ...
- math - peter needs 1/2 gallon of white paint,2 gallons of magenta paint, and 1 ...
- Geometry - Janine wants to paint just the sides of a cylindrical pottery vase ...
- physics - A 1kg block of wood is moving with a velocity of 10 m/s on top of a ...
- Physics - A 1kg block of wood is moving with a velocity of 10 m/s on top of a ...
- Math: Geometry - Joe is making a toy from a rectangular block of wood. He ...
- physics - A 6.2 g piece of clay is propelled horizontally onto a block of wood ...
- math question grade 8!! - shelby wants to paint the walls and ceiling of a ...
- Physics - A 4.1 g dart is fired into a block of wood with a mass of 20.2 g. The ...