posted by bekah .
For the reaction, shown below, determine which statements are True and which are False.
3Fe(s) + Cr2O72-(aq) +14H+(aq) → 3Fe2+(aq) + 2Cr3+(aq) + 7H2O(l) ξo=1.77V
1. The oxidizing agent is dichromate (Cr2O72-).
2. The iron half-reaction takes place in an acidic solution.
3. The oxidation state of chromium in dichromate is +3.
4. The oxidation state of hydrogen changes from 0 to +1.
5. The highest oxidation state for hydrogen in this reaction is 0
6. The reducing agent is Fe (s)
How would you answer these and why?